• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Fastest line in the NHL

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterbergFourty
They sure as hell better. Or I have no clue in hell what Babcock does to pick the lines each game.

He pulls them out of his Winter Classic hat! :scared:

Guest Lidstromboli

if eaves continues to play like he has lately then it'd be awesome to see him get resigned

I think Babcock is right, Eaves is really getting comfortable here. He was definitely questionable early on but I'm starting to think he's getting himself a secure spot on this team.

It certainly helps (Eaves) that half the team either has H1N1 or some long-term injury.

I thought that line has been pretty damn good so far, and they are only going to get better. Its hard to overstate the impact of a line that consistently fast and tenacious on the forecheck, it causes the opposition to skate that much harder to try and keep up and they eventually start to get rid of the puck a lot faster causing turnovers and miscues.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Draper-Helm-Eaves

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/11/re..._have_an_a.html

that really is some insane speed and they looked DAMN good together last game... I'm loving it

They looked good. Really hoping Eaves can keep it up.

Fastest line in the NHL may be a stretch though. There's a line in Vancouver that downright blisters. It's Kesler, Mason Raymond and can't think of the other winger, either Grabner or Burrows but they are fast as s***.

They looked good. Really hoping Eaves can keep it up.

Fastest line in the NHL may be a stretch though. There's a line in Vancouver that downright blisters. It's Kesler, Mason Raymond and can't think of the other winger, either Grabner or Burrows but they are fast as s***.

I would still call this line faster, maybe not by much, but I think Helm is the fastest skater in the NHL right now and Eaves and Drapes are both fast as hell...

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I would still call this line faster, maybe not by much, but I think Helm is the fastest skater in the NHL right now and Eaves and Drapes are both fast as hell...

It'd be neat if we could get them all to do a speed lap. I know during the Canucks team competition Raymond turned a 13.55 which is blistering. Not quite Mike Gartner (13.38) but still one of the fastest recorded times I have ever seen.

I have heard that Andrew Cogliano is super fast too. There's a quote online somewhere of Helm saying how fast Cogliano is. Which must be fast considering how fast Helm is. Last year at the All Star game Cogliano won the fastest skater event but still only turned in a 14.31 so who knows.

Gaborik is probably up there too. Maybe St.Louis and Matthew Lombardi.

Draper-Helm-Eaves

I like "The Rocket Line"

Babcock put Leino on the line for Draper in the second and third period..... what is with that??? Was he too afraid that Leino was getting pummeled on the 4th line???? LOL

If he wants to move Leino put him with Zetterberg and Cleary and move Williams to fourth line with Abby and Maltby. Williams was a wasted signing.

For heaven sakes keep Draper-Helm-Eaves together.

seems to be a lot of people that still think williams is a waste

Williams was garbage tonight. I didnt even realize he was playing until about half way through the game.

He has the ability to just disappear and kinda float around. But when he doesn't do that he is solid. He has a great shot and great stick handling ability.

Draper-Helm-Eaves

I like "The Rocket Line"

Babcock put Leino on the line for Draper in the second and third period..... what is with that??? Was he too afraid that Leino was getting pummeled on the 4th line???? LOL

If he wants to move Leino put him with Zetterberg and Cleary and move Williams to fourth line with Abby and Maltby. Williams was a wasted signing.

Williams has done really well for the Wings so far this season so I wouldnt say it was a wasted signing but I absolutely do agree that last night he looked really bad. He was slow, soft on the puck and caused some turnovers. I really didn't like his game last night. That being said, up until now he has done pretty well. He's gotten some points and skated well most nights. Everyone is entitled to an off game every now and then.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
Ha! Dude, thats funny...but actually a scary thought...even more scary than your avatar, now that I think about it.

I've had this avatar since i registered, just sorta too lazy to change it

Draper-Helm-Eaves

I like "The Rocket Line"

One bad game doesn't mean he is a waisted signing... Williams has been very solid for us this season... He just didn't seemed to mesh well with Z and Cleary, or its just one bad game.

as for "The Rocket Line"... I like! Drapes is playing some of his best hockey in the last few years, maybe the last decade! keep them together for sure