• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFanInDC

What do you have autographed by NHL players?

Rate this topic

Figured there are some people on here that like autographs.. What's some of the other-than-normal places you've had NHL players sign?

I've got Alexander Ovechkin's autograph on my Blackberry. :) (yes, it's protected!)

Grey phone with a silver lined autograph. ;)

I have an authentic Oilers Gretzky jersey, which I then got signed and is now framed. Also have a great 8 x 10 of him which he signed seperately.

I also have an 8 x 10 signed by Pete Langelle who scored the Stanley Cup winning goal on April 18, 1942 against the Wings. Back in the day I worked at a bank and he used to come in with his NHLPA pension cheques so I`d chat hockey with him. One day he came into the bank and handed me an 8 x 10 of him that he signed. Super nice guy.

Edited by WpgMikos

I had a 80's colored Nike windbreaker Blaine Lacher signed in like 98. It was funny cuz he asked "Are you sure you want me to sign this?" Some how I even have a trading card of him playing for the Bruins. Im going to bet no one knows who the hell he is, but it was cool.

A puck signed by the production line...all of them.

Game used goal stick signed by Dom Hasek.

A puck signed by Luc Robitalle, a Red Wings one.

A Card signed my Ted Lindsay...in the display with my Production Line puck.

An 8x11 of Juri Hudler signed just over my desk at school.

An 8x11 of the Production Line signed by all of them as well.

I think that is it though...

I have a napkin with the "Camel" cigarettes camel on it that Osgood signed at a bar/grill many years ago.

And I have a rare 80's t-shirt with a caricature of Yzerman that he signed at a hockey party for my midget team.

All the other signatures I have aren't authentic.

Edit: Wait, I also have a signed Holmstrom card. I always forget about that thing.

Another edit: Quick story that will leave many people here hating my guts. When I was younger my grandma gave me an old "heirloom" hockey stick that my Grandpa had when he was younger. He managed to get signatures from the entire Red Wings team from the 40s or 50s. I don't know the exact year (he died before I was born, and Granny isn't a fan of hockey), but it was old.

Anyway, one day I was playing street hockey with a bunch of guys at the corner, and it was a good turnout. I'm talking 16 people and two goalies for two full lines of 4 on 4 hockey. Well I broke my stick battling in the corners, and the only thing I had as a "backup" was that antique stick. So I skated back home, grabbed the stick from my basement, and skated back to the park. Over the course of two to three games the thing busted, and now its remnants are in a garbage dump somewhere.

To this day I can't believe how stupid I was.

Edited by Echolalia

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I used to have tons of stuff. Sticks, pucks, photos, cards. And not just hockey, lots of old baseball hall of famers and some football.

Off the top of my head I know I have the following

Pucks

Howe

Lindsay

Lidstrom

Hall

Delvecchio

Gadsby

Dionne

Photos

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Ciccarelli

Yzerman

Shanahan

Delvecchio

Howe

Lindsay

Goal Magazine

Gretzky

NFL photos

Brian Brennan Browns

Leroy Kelly HOF (Browns)

Lou Groza HOF (Browns)

MLB photos

Will Clark

Baseballs

Pete Rose

Joe Nuxhall

I'd say most of it is certified by PSA, GAI or UD. It's crazy, I used to have so, so much more it was ridiculous. I probably had most of the HOF Yankee players (no Ruth or Gehrig), lots of NHL HOFers, Bobby Hull, Mikita, etc.. I would say for as much hockey stuff I had, I had 10 times as many HOF baseball players.

I think the one item I like the most is a ticket/pamphlet to a fund raiser signed by Gordie and Colleen Howe. She passed away about a year or 2 later I think.

The one thing I regret selling wasn't signed but was a game used Datsyuk stick. Might have been a synergy? This was about 4 years ago that I sold it for close to $300, before he became the player he is today.

I have Johnny Bower and Frank Mahovlich on a Leafs "Center Ice" sweater.

Osgood on a single pic and Draper on one. Also have this: http://www.hittheice.com/pics/8x10s/9083.jpg, thats not my actual pic.

Also my ex a long time ago got me a signed puck of Stevie plus my dad and I share a framed poster of the front page of the Detroit Free Press from 97 signed by him as well.

I also have a pic of me with Adam Oates and Steve Chiasson signed by both when I was just a few years old.

After the Wings won the Cup in 97, they had a open house at the Joe and you had to stand in line (very long line) to get an autograph. They couldn't guarntee who you would get, but you would indeed see someone and get an autograph! I missed McCarty by 10 minutes and Yzerman by 30 minutes, but when I finally got to the front of the line, there was a young rookie by the name Tomas Holmstrom! He signed by mini Stanley Cup. I still have it today on my desk!!

I also have a Nick Lidstrom signed puck and an autographed Zetterberg jersey, as well as an Osgood autograph photo.

When I was younger my step mom got me a Yves Racine autograph! He was in her store for a Spartan Foods Promo!

I have Vinnie Johnsons autograph, Ken Kals, and George Blaha.

Thats about it for me!

Edited by Donaldjr2448

Steve Yzerman jersey that is framed, a couple of cards from Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille as well as a stick from Blake...

Also have autographs from Kevin Hatcher, Jagr, Petr Nedved and some others on an old pittsburgh program and some as well from Khabibulin, Lapointe, and Seabrook from a Chicago program

My dad is friends with Abdelkader's dad, so during the stanley cup finals I was able to receive an autographed Abdelkader jersey.

Not framed or anything, I actually wear it because its the only jersey I actually have.

I had a 80's colored Nike windbreaker Blaine Lacher signed in like 98. It was funny cuz he asked "Are you sure you want me to sign this?" Some how I even have a trading card of him playing for the Bruins. Im going to bet no one knows who the hell he is, but it was cool.

Lake State goaltender, great goalie, huge head case.

Sid autographed box of diapers, priceless.

I dunno. I think a Joe Sakic one might be the exception to the rule. Outstanding player. Very reminiscent of Stevie Y.

Hey - I like him as a player too- its ok to like him, but could you really walk around town in an Avs jersey and consider yourself a good self-respecting Wings fan? I was just having fun telling him to turn in his card, but sporting an Avs jersey is still a big no-no.

Edited by kook_10