• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cusimano_brothers

He really didn't say that, did he?

Rate this topic

From Kitchener-Waterloo Record :

Daniel Broussard of the Sarnia Sting suggested Swedish Kitchener Rangers rookie Gabriel Landeskog take a trip home.

“I told him to go back to Europe,†said Broussard, who watched from the press box as the Rangers finished off a 4-1 Ontario Hockey League victory over the Sting before 5,719 at the Aud on Sunday.

For that, the Fayetteville, N.C. native was ejected from the Rangers’ fifth straight win.

He faces a five-game suspension for his on-ice remarks, which were overheard by an official.

The OHL forbids players from taunting others with disrespectful remarks about their heritage or homeland.

Guest Lidstromboli

you may want to think twice before proclaiming someone a doodoo head in the OHL

Hmm makes you wonder if maybe something else was said but they don't want to release it? Because if thats all he said thats pathetic. I have a very good friend playing for the sting I should ask him about it.

Guest Lidstromboli
I don't see how you find it strange that a person is suspended for racist comments?

where's the racism

"disrespectful remarks about their heritage or homeland"

Feels like racism to me, but you could have a different view of it.

Might as well fluff that players pillows while their at it. You've never said something like that when you were 16 playing hockey?

you may want to think twice before proclaiming someone a doodoo head in the OHL

I seriously laughed for 2 whole minutes at that! :lol:

I don't see how you find it strange that a person is suspended for racist comments?

Swedish is a nationality, not a race.

Might as well fluff that players pillows while their at it. You've never said something like that when you were 16 playing hockey?

No, because I don't measure people's value in where they're from. Even though I bruise up I keep my insults to lesser things than that.

No, because I don't measure people's value in where they're from. Even though I bruise up I keep my insults to lesser things than that.

How's the view from up there?

Thing's said on the ice shouldn't be taken literally. In the heat of the game thing's happen especially when your that age, it's a good lesson for the kid getting insulted not to lose his composure, because in every aspect of life their are going to be people trying to distract you.

My brother is mentally handicapped and playing locally when I was young it was a hot topic to make fun of him. Did I let it bother me? Nope, I ignored it and scored goals and shoved it in their face. I didn't look for the refs to worry about what the mean kids said to me.

How's the view from up there?

Thing's said on the ice shouldn't be taken literally. In the heat of the game thing's happen especially when your that age, it's a good lesson for the kid getting insulted not to lose his composure, because in every aspect of life their are going to be people trying to distract you.

My brother is mentally handicapped and playing locally when I was young it was a hot topic to make fun of him. Did I let it bother me? Nope, I ignored it and scored goals and shoved it in their face. I didn't look for the refs to worry about what the mean kids said to me.

Why don't you tell me?

We obvioulsy have different opinions on whether or not deragatory comments about one's heritage or country can/should be used on the ice, so let's just let it go shall we? I think the suspension is in place and you don't.

And good for you and your brother, I hope you were succesful at scoring goals.

If there was a black african playing against you, and you told him to go back to africa, it would definitely be Considered Racist. If it was an African American and you told him to go back to Africa, it would be considered racist. If someone told me to go back to England, or Ireland, or france, or Scotland, Or Poland, Or Ukraine, or Russia, Or Germany (all my nationalities) It wouldn't bother me at all. Probably would make me smile. If someone called me a Frog, and told me to hop back to Quebec (I live in ontario, but am Part French Canadian), I would either smile, or chirp back with something. In no way, shape or form would I be legitimately offended by it.

We live in a society with Double Standards up the Wazoo. They are trying to eliminate those Double Standards. Instead telling the people that get offended to learn how to not let other people's remarks affect you, the way you live, and who you are, And grow up learning in school how to deal with life, we've decided to go the other way, and not let anybody say anything that could possibly be taken as offensive by anyone ever.

Everybodie's entitled to their opinion...you can probably tell what mine is. I think it's so split down the middle between what direction this should be taken, that there'll never be an agreement as to what's right and what's wrong. The Side that's louder and complains and protests more will always win.