• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zettie85

Worst saying by an announcer.

Rate this topic

Sorry not dead. Joe Bowen going strong for Leafs TV and Sportsnet Ontario.

This one kills me as well...Bowen also always uses the word "gobble" at least 8 times a game...."Kaberle gobbles the puck up on the half boards..WTF? Are we watching hockey or carving a turkey.

This one kills me as well...Bowen also always uses the word "gobble" at least 8 times a game...."Kaberle gobbles the puck up on the half boards..WTF? Are we watching hockey or carving a turkey.

Well it is getting close to Thanksgiving....

Whoever Florida's announcer is - One of the worst voices for hockey commentary, and can't stand whever he shouts "The Booth, the Booth, the Booth is on fire!" every time David Booth scores.

Randy Moller?

"My car just hit a waterbuffalo!!!"

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i always find it annoying when darren pang says "holy jumpin"...lol

"The Predators lead the Wings 3-2 after 2. Go to the bathroom and grab yourselves a sandwich. This is Nashville Predators hockey."

~Nashville announcers right before they cut to a commercial break

"The Predators lead the Wings 3-2 after 2. Go to the bathroom and grab yourselves a sandwich. This is Nashville Predators hockey."

~Nashville announcers right before they cut to a commercial break

I absolutely Hate Pierre McGuire. But as previously mentioned, you almost listen to him for the comedy of douchebaggery.

I also don't like how in just about Every Game the announcer will say "If it wasn't for This goalie, the score could be 7 or 8 to nothing/1/2" whatever

I've heard that one so much, I've picked up on the fact that NHL caliber goalies are just that good. If it wasn't for that goalie, the backup probably would have been in there, and done the same thing, and be seen as the saviour of the team. Goalies stop pucks in 29 NHL cities. It's their Job.

There was some play by play guy on Versus a couple years back that would always call the power play the "man power advantage" and it annoyed me to no end. He might still be doing games, but at least dropped that vernacular.

Personally I really like Doc Emerick's calls. But he might now have sort of a Madden status... people love his calls or hate his calls. But generally, when you hear his voice, it means it's a big game (unless it's just some Devils regular season game).

Nothing I have ever heard a hockey announcer say is half as bad as the drivel that comes from the mouths of the NFL announcers. Maybe its because there is so much time between plays in which they think they have to fill every second with thier nonsense. The one I hate the most is "He lost contain" as if "contain" were a noun. Joe S