• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

NHL CenterIce HD Feeds

Rate this topic

Since I switched to DirecTV over a year ago I got very used to watching the Wings in HD with CenterIce, but ever since the free preview that CenterIce offered expired last month CI seems to only be showing games in standard def. Has anyone else noticed this and do you know why this is? Is it something similar to what NFL Sunday Ticket does where they require an extra payment to get the HD feed?

Has this happened to those of you with different providers such as Dish, etc.?

As a DISH Network subscriber - I too noticed that there were an alarming number of games not being shown in HD via Center Ice when in fact there was an HD feed; in particular the Wings road trip last week really got under my skin since the SD feed is horrid to say the least <_<

My co-worker has DirecTV, and Center Ice (her family is from the UP, and her husband is a big Red Wings fan), and they said they were having issues with the lack of HD programming on Center Ice as well.

I'm not certain as to what to say; I've sent a few emails to DISH - no reply...When speaking to a DISH rep over the phone I get the usual "sorry for the inconvenience - blah - blah - blah", but obviously no real answers as to why the HD feed isn't offered for those of us whom pay for the HD service.

Tonights game on Center Ice against the Sharks will be in HD - courtesy of FOX Sports Detroit...I get the impression that if the games are on FOX Sports - then chances are there'll be an HD feed for us to watch...Now if the game is on MSG, TSN, or CBC (non NHL Network feed) then we'll end up having to watch those games in SD even though an HD feed is available...I'm guessing it's a marketing/contractual deal set-up with Center Ice and the networks.

:angry:

Hmm....that's interesting. I checked the program guide a few days ago and the game wasn't listed as being shown in HD. I hope I'm wrong.

Since I switched to DirecTV over a year ago I got very used to watching the Wings in HD with CenterIce, but ever since the free preview that CenterIce offered expired last month CI seems to only be showing games in standard def. Has anyone else noticed this and do you know why this is? Is it something similar to what NFL Sunday Ticket does where they require an extra payment to get the HD feed?

Has this happened to those of you with different providers such as Dish, etc.?

how else do you think they were going to get people to buy center ice??? duh!! hahahah

kidding

I see listings for all the HD feeds but it's gray and I can't seem to watch them...

DirectTV.

Similar....and a FYI to F.Michael, the game was not shown in HD last night for either feed.

how else do you think they were going to get people to buy center ice??? duh!! hahahah

kidding

But why would they not show the HD feeds this season like they did the entire last season? I know you were kidding, but if you pay for the HD subscription (which I do) it should be included.

I watched FSD-HD feed last night on Channel 777-1... have not had any issues with HD feeds so far. I live in Central Ohio. I was also able to catch the Blue Jackets game in HD.

Did they mention what the problem was at DTV? Why would it take until Mid-November to restore the HD feeds?

Good news is the Wings game (out of market) will be on NHLN-HD tomorrow night against the Leafs.

i have directv and was able to watch last nights FSN-D feed in HD.

though i did notice with a game last week it was listed as being HD but was very much a sd feed. i never seem to get any HD for canadian games. not sure why.

I watched FSD-HD feed last night on Channel 777-1... have not had any issues with HD feeds so far. I live in Central Ohio. I was also able to catch the Blue Jackets game in HD.

Did they mention what the problem was at DTV? Why would it take until Mid-November to restore the HD feeds?

Good news is the Wings game (out of market) will be on NHLN-HD tomorrow night against the Leafs.

They didn't give a reason, just stated that they were working to get the feeds back. That being said, all the HD feeds were working again for me as of Friday night as well.