• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Sorry, Another Crosby Complaint

Rate this topic

Go to NHL.com. Serously. Sid makes a save, which let's face it is always cool, but not unheard of. Zetterberg and Lidstrom are known for doing this from time to time. Usually it merits a highlight reel playback or something.

What does NHL.com do? Not only is the headline story about it, but they have five freaking extra stories about his goaltending roots, learning from Fleury, two videos of Sid discussing the play and the video of the save itself. What the hell?

It's cool, yes, but do we need to have stories digging into his psyche to tell us how he's always been able to play every position at the highest level?

Sorry, bitchfest over.

Meh. He's already going to go too much attention for better/worse. I've accepted it and moved on. Don't really care anymore. Wish others could do the same so I don't have to hear further whining about him or how he's publicized.

Jealous fan is jealous. Crosby made a pretty unordinary play, sure we've seen it before, but it was certainly not a normal blocked shot.

Attention follows a young captain of a Stanley Cup winning team that managed a Lester and Hart trophy within 2 years of him being in the league. The league needs to grow and he is one of the superstars. Get over it.

I was just about to come ***** about it, and looks like someone beat me to it... Ridiculous, if Datsyuk or Zettberg did that it would not even be mentioned on there. Sid does it and he gets tons of videos and the the first slide on the news thing dedicated to him for a save. Freaking pathetic.

Edited by cjm502

Meh. He's already going to go too much attention for better/worse. I've accepted it and moved on. Don't really care anymore. Wish others could do the same so I don't have to hear further whining about him or how he's publicized.

but you can do that now..just dont go into threads that say "Sorry,Another Crosby Complaint" :P

Guest Four

Reminds me of the slow guy in the gym class tbh.

Sort of like a "GOOD JOB CINDY, YOU COMPLETED THE WHOLE RACE!"

But in this case "GOOD JOB CINDY, YOU BAILED OUT YOUR GOALIE!" (Pats a baby CIndy on the head)

I was just about to come ***** about it, and looks like someone beat me to it... Ridiculous, if Datsyuk or Zettberg did that it would not even be mentioned on there. Sid does it and he gets a videos and the the fisrt slide on the news thing. Freaking pathetic.

You can pretty much add most other players on the list, not just Datsyuk or Zetterberg alone. It's nothing against the Red Wings. Crosby's going to get attention for better/worse.

It's not going away. The sooner people get over this, the sooner people will have less heartburn.

Jealous fan is jealous. Crosby made a pretty unordinary play, sure we've seen it before, but it was certainly not a normal blocked shot.

Attention follows a young captain of a Stanley Cup winning team that managed a Lester and Hart trophy within 2 years of him being in the league. The league needs to grow and he is one of the superstars. Get over it.

Your dogged opposition to those who oppose Crosby is getting equally annoying Carman. I get tired of the Crosby hate too- and I'm not even a Crosby fan. But you've become his LGW crusader for some reason and all it does is fan the flames man.

Plus, in this case you've got to admit the NHL.com coverage is pretty silly. I was with you on the rediculous fight thread-- Crosby fought just fine and deserved some praise for maning up like that. But in this case the story line is pretty silly. He made a great shot block. Cool. Add it to the highlight reel. But don't treat it like he donned goalie gear and played a game to a shut-out.

Maybe it's cause I didn't truly get into hockey until 2001-2002, but does it really follow a player THAT much? The guy is good, but he's not God, and he knows it. Watching him from time to time shows me that he puts the effort in there, has the passion and the composure (mostly) to be who he is.

Thing is, Crosby did what any good hockey player should do, he put effort into blocking a shot. If it were just below the blueline like most of them, no big deal, but it was at a crucial time in the game and it bailed his goalie out. Worthy of highlights, not worthy of a major story.

Also watched the interview after, and Crosby might have finally matured... maybe the cup was a good thing after all.

I think it was a very good play, and they had these videos of Crosby goaltending from a NHL network special. It was an opportunity for them to use it. Honestly this isn't a big deal, they had a Stamkos highlight package like this last week. People are just complaining about it because it's Crosby and it's annoying to me.

I think it was a very good play, and they had these videos of Crosby goaltending from a NHL network special. It was an opportunity for them to use it. Honestly this isn't a big deal, they had a Stamkos highlight package like this last week. People are just complaining about it because it's Crosby and it's annoying to me.

This is true... Haven't they had at least one player's story each week of the season? At one point it was goaltenders in general, but it's been different every week. Just too much Crosby and the Penguins (but they ARE winning).

Edited by SDavis35

Guest CaliWingsNut
[blah blah blah... ] He is one of the superstars. Get over it.

Here... I corrected your post for you carman.

The real question is, why do you even bother reading NHL.com at all? it's a known issue, the site is a joke in terms of news selection and reporting.

Yeah, how dare they cover the Osgood shut-out and Hockeytown sign picture. What a joke. It's like people wait for day they show Crosby as a headline to start complaining about him again. Sure the play wasn't amazing, but they had a special just like this one on Stamkos' start to the season which isn't amazing either...

I wish I had some kind of Crosby filter on my browser. The only problem would be, if I did have one then NHL.com would look something like this :

black_screen.jpg

Also one more thing, this forum needs less Crosby threads and more man-love for Datsyuk threads.

Edited by Namingway

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Since Crosby came around and they revamped nhl.com, esp. since he's won the cup, the site is always with Crosby crap. Get used to it. Either stop going to NHL.com (because, well, it sucks anyways.) or deal with Crosby and the Pens merchandise pushing.