• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Sorry, Another Crosby Complaint

Rate this topic

Of course. It's okay to hate a player just for being good and on another team. People take this stuff more seriously than I do, I guess.

My only problem with the Crosby bashing it is it gets old.

People complain about how much undeserved attention Crosby gets, yet they post a thread ripping on him for every single things he does, and don't see the irony.

While annoying as hell, I think the majority of us understand that Crosby didn't choose to recieve the Obama-like Messiah following 24/7. The constant hockey media drooling over him is extremely tired and old, but I'm able to acknowlegde that he's one of the league's marketable players. Only problem is, the NHL still hasn't figured out that he isn't the ONLY marketable player.

Yep, exactly. Like I said, he came into the NHL as a really great young player. He has great talent for such a young player, of course the media is all over him. To be honest, I think he's even getting tired of it. He seems to try and cut it short in some of his interviews it seems like. I'd be annoyed too if I was in his shoes. Show some of AO's plays every now and then. :rolleyes:

Yep, exactly. Like I said, he came into the NHL as a really great young player. He has great talent for such a young player, of course the media is all over him. To be honest, I think he's even getting tired of it. He seems to try and cut it short in some of his interviews it seems like. I'd be annoyed too if I was in his shoes. Show some of AO's plays every now and then. :rolleyes:

Rather than all Crosby, all the time with a few Ovechkin highlights here and there, start marketing Crosby and Ovechkin as well as Kane/Toews, Luongo, Zetterberg, Iginla, Brodeur, Staal, Thornton, and Getzlaf as well.

Nah, my post certainly wasn't only directed at you Echolalia. Just mainly to other posters on the forum that seem to always bash Crosby at every given moment. You actually back up your posts with relevant events rather then just posting a "LOL CINDY IS ***'. I'm not going to sit here and say he is the perfect player, I just look past most of the on ice incidents and tend to focus on the actually game. Then again I'm pretty lenient on the chippy stuff in between plays(I'm a huge Avery fan). I think it's an ironic argument for a Wing's fan that loves Franzen to bash Crosby for diving. He certainly does not dive as much as some people make it out to be, he is no Mike Riberio. I watch every Penguin's game and really notice the determination in Crosby's game, night in and night out he never gives up in a battle in a corner, or give anything less then 100% on the ice which is a very rare thing for an NHL player sadly.

I guess I just want to show people that Crosby is a player that seems to be improving in every aspect of his game and I really respect it. He was an awful face off man when he got in the NHL, now he is a league leader, he was bad at shoot-outs 4 for 4 this year, switched his stick to improve his shot now he is off to a career high in goals. He is tremendously improving his defensive game and playing on the PK, and is really growing as a complete player as much as some people dislike it. It just irks me when people look pass the positive things he does just to call him childish names, I probably expect too much, but whatever.

what do you mean by the Franzen comment? i do not understand your comparison.

My only problem with the Crosby bashing it is it gets old.

People complain about how much undeserved attention Crosby gets, yet they post a thread ripping on him for every single things he does, and don't see the irony.

...and people who hate reading about it are here reading it and bitching. Irony?

esteef

Go to NHL.com. Serously. Sid makes a save, which let's face it is always cool, but not unheard of. Zetterberg and Lidstrom are known for doing this from time to time. Usually it merits a highlight reel playback or something.

What does NHL.com do? Not only is the headline story about it, but they have five freaking extra stories about his goaltending roots, learning from Fleury, two videos of Sid discussing the play and the video of the save itself. What the hell?

It's cool, yes, but do we need to have stories digging into his psyche to tell us how he's always been able to play every position at the highest level?

Sorry, bitchfest over.

this just in...

twitter confirms it, crosby just pooped :lol:

Go to NHL.com today. You'll have a tough time finding any mention of Crosby on the front page. However, you will find an entire section dedicated towards Steve Yzerman. There are articles about his two-way play and how successful he has been off the ice. Also, you can find highlights from his hall-of-fame career. It's not all about Crosby all of the time, give it a rest.

I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but this was a great play and Fleury is now added to the list of entities that received a bailout.

Between the fight and this selfless play, I feel like I could start to like Crosby if only he could stop whining and diving.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

No, it wasnt that great. A pylon like McCabe could have done this and many Wings already have. There's already a thread on this btw.

No, it wasnt that great. A pylon like McCabe could have done this and many Wings already have. There's already a thread on this btw.

My bad, didn't see the thread (yes, I looked).

Yes, anyone could have done that, but Crosby had the presence of mind and awareness to do it, and he saved the game for them.

I'd delete this duplicate thread, but I can't now :-( Moderators, feel free to do so.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

My bad dood, it's not really a thread about the actual save, it's all the attention it got on NHL.com.

Go to NHL.com today. You'll have a tough time finding any mention of Crosby on the front page. However, you will find an entire section dedicated towards Steve Yzerman. There are articles about his two-way play and how successful he has been off the ice. Also, you can find highlights from his hall-of-fame career. It's not all about Crosby all of the time, give it a rest.

That's cool - at least a Hall of Famer about to be inducted gets similar billing to Crosby getting in the way of a puck ;)

I enjoyed reading about Steve Y today as I usually like reading about Joe Sakic, Mike Modano, Marian Gaborik, Dustin Brown, Patrick O'Sallivan, Anze Kopitar, Brian Gionta, Rob Blake, Dan Boyle, Rick Nash, RJ Umberger, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, hell, even Chris Pronger. The problem is that tomorrow there will be some stuff about Crosby again. Instead of some articles about those guys I just mentioned.

Yes, its something that Wings players and really most others would've done, but it was still a smart play by Crosby at a crucial point of the game.

f*** all these goddamn Crosby threads. There is already a Crosby thread on this topic, why make a ******* new one.

Matt should just created an official "Crosby" board on Lets Go Wings. Lets Go Wingss has more active Crosby threads than Lets Go Pens. That's sad!

Who's fault is that?

Guest ZetterbergFourty
Who's fault is that?

I'm gonna guess Pittsburgh fans incognito here on LGW.

any player in the world could have done that. Obviously a smart play to make, but as an nhl player you are required to do it.

otherwise he did nothing special at all. No different than any other blocked shot which happens 20 times a game. Just happened closer to the net in this instance.

He laid down before the puck was even released, did not move to make the save, the puck simply hit him on a poorly placed and rushed shot.

I remain unimpressed.

In other news:

Crosby Saves NHL

Crosby Saves Christmas

Crosby Saves Small African Village

Crosby Saves the California Condor

Crosby Saves Virginity

Crosby Saves Puppy from Alligator

Crosby Saves Neo-Tokyo

Crosby Saves, with Coupons

Edited by egroen

In other news:

Crosby Saves NHL

Crosby Saves Christmas

Crosby Saves Small African Village

Crosby Saves the California Condor

Crosby Saves Virginity

Crosby Saves Puppy from Alligator

Crosby Saves Neo-Tokyo

Crosby Saves, with Coupons

So what you're saying if we hang out with Sidney Crosby, we'll save a lot in our life? I like saving with coupons, could never have enough of those at the grocery store! Sounds like a swell idea!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan