• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AtomicPunk

Nick's Stats

Rate this topic

I'm a little alarmed when checking player stats that Nick Lidstrom only has 1 goal and 2 assists thru 13 games. He is 97th in the league in scoring for defensemen.

For a guy who has consistently put up top 3 numbers offensively, does this signal anything? His play on defense has been fine, do you think he is finally dropping off or just doesn't have to carry the load by himself since we have Kronwall, Rafalski, etc.? Although last year we did too...

I love the guy as a player but can't figure out what has changed about his game....the Wings not scoring as much?

Doesn't lids always get off to a slow start, as far as putting up points is concerned?

Im not worried. He will score 10 at the very least by the end of the year.

The skilled players weren't really going either though. Now that they are, maybe Lids can get back to his scoring capabilities too. Sad to see his age slowing him down finally, hard to believe when its ageless Nick.

everyone expects Lids to re-sign next year at a marked pay-cut no less...

I say, the further his game slides the more likely he'll hang up his skates at this season's end.

I'm sure it's part slow start and age catching up with him, but based on how sloppy this team has been up until recently, it wouldn't surprise me if he's been playing much more conservatively in terms of offense.

This is my exact feeling on the subject.

With the rest of the team seeming to abandon their defensive efforts until recently, I see Nick as having to step up something serious on the defensive side of the puck, and he's had to leave a lot of situations—when he'd normally pinch, force a turnover, and produce a shot—to get to a more defensive position.

I see that as a larger part of his "lack" of offensive production.

Though the guy is still +7 on a team that has been struggling for a month now, so that's gotta say something.

Also, Chara's wife is huge. I mean, the guy is 6'9" and she STILL comes up to above his shoulder?

Edited by Theophany

Thomas Holmstrom has 8 goals right now.

Give it time and things will even out.

Indeed. ERiccson already has 3 goals and 8 points I think so early. Would love for Homer and Ericsson to keep up the pace but it'll probably settle down at some point, just like Lidstrom producing more on the scoresheet in all likelihood.

Lidstrom is fine.

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom hasn't shot alot from the point either most of the games, he fakes a shot and slap-pass it instead or shoots it wide so it bounce in to the slot...basically that's what he's done so far, the few shots he shot on goal went on the goalies chests...He will get going really after christmas i think... i hope... euhm...

Edited by mindfly