• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Crashnburnluder

Congrads New York Yankees

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Thank god now family guy, american dad and cleveland show is back on...... until its SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.. or some other lame stuff... give us a break :(

Thank god now family guy, american dad and cleveland show is back on...... until its SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.. or some other lame stuff... give us a break :(

Cause those shows aren't all the same with different character names and slightly modified jokes. (If you don't know this already, watch any of the 3, 90% of the time its 'I believed one thing at the start, now I don't, or now this is why i was right, and remember that time X did Y when Z was with or at A).

Guest mindfly
Cause those shows aren't all the same with different character names and slightly modified jokes. (If you don't know this already, watch any of the 3, 90% of the time its 'I believed one thing at the start, now I don't, or now this is why i was right, and remember that time X did Y when Z was with or at A).

A bit off-topic.. oh well =P

Family Guy and american dad are pretty different and besides seth macfarlane got so much up his sleeve he can run 2 shows at the same time and have high quality humour in every episode... cleveland show is new and far from as good as those other two but you still enjoy it if you dont have anything else to do :)

However the best show from U.S is without doubt South Park, too bad last nights episode wasn't good, last weeks one.."whale whores" was hilarious...

I always hear non-Wings fans say they hate the Wings because they're the "Yankees of Hockey." Well, they do both have something in common: they're great teams who win championships.

^ This.

And before the Salary Cap was implemented, the Wings were one of the bigger spending teams in the NHL, just like the Yankees are in MLB presently. So it's hypocritical for Wings fans to irriationally hate the Yankees for buying championshionships. The Wings obviously didn't just buy championships alone, drafted well and the like etc., but you get what I'm sayin.

^ This.

And before the Salary Cap was implemented, the Wings were one of the bigger spending teams in the NHL, just like the Yankees are in MLB presently. So it's hypocritical for Wings fans to irriationally hate the Yankees for buying championshionships. The Wings obviously didn't just buy championships alone, drafted well and the like etc., but you get what I'm sayin.

The Wings rarely had the highest payroll in the NHL. When do the Yankess NOT have the highest?

It's just an incorrect comparison and it pisses me off when people make it.

The Wings rarely had the highest payroll in the NHL. When do the Yankess NOT have the highest?

It's just an incorrect comparison and it pisses me off when people make it.

They both still spent a lot in their respective leagues. That is not deniable.

Haha, while those may be entertaining, the one show I was talking about was House. I've been jonesing for two weeks now because of stupid baseball. It totally screwed up my DVR.

I hate the Yanks/Wings comparision. It isn't even remotely the same situation.

The Red Wings were and are the model franchise of the NHL. They did it pre-salary cap and they have been the best team post-salary cap. The Yankees can literally buy championships in a playing field where other teams can't compete financially. The Yankees blow away other teams in payroll, yet the Wings always had company from the Rangers, Flyers, Avalanche. The economic disparity in baseball cannot ever be compared to the NHL's pre-salary cap days.

nope. no credit, props, kudos or recognition of the Yankees. ever. irrational hatred is complete, unwavering and permanent. my opinion....f*** the Yankees. i used to hope they would all die in a plane crash, but i relalized that that wasn't very nice and i don't wish that on them anymore. that's the only respect i will give them.

Easy, we're the Yankees of the NHL.

I accept your congrats most happily. I also want to thank the Yankee Haters here for putting a smile on my face. God damn do I love you people. There is almost nothing better than seeing people so filled with rage over a baseball team, it eclipses their love for their own team. EVEN better than that are people who don't even like baseball, they just hate the Yankees because it's what everyone else is doing.

Seriously. LOVE. YOU.

I hate the Yanks/Wings comparision. It isn't even remotely the same situation.

The Red Wings were and are the model franchise of the NHL. They did it pre-salary cap and they have been the best team post-salary cap. The Yankees can literally buy championships in a playing field where other teams can't compete financially. The Yankees blow away other teams in payroll, yet the Wings always had company from the Rangers, Flyers, Avalanche. The economic disparity in baseball cannot ever be compared to the NHL's pre-salary cap days.

That's fair enough.

Not saying you specifically GoWings are thinking this, but plenty of times either here (and other places I'm assuming) Wings fans got all up in arms from others saying that they could spend plenty to win a Stanley Cup recently before Salary Cap era.

While it's not entirely just about payroll, the Red Wings had that flexibility, and used it to their advantage. The Yankees are doing the same.

Now people in here are getting all hellbent at the Yankees for having the flexibility and money to help aid in winning a championship. It just doesn't quite make sense to me and to a degree it's the pot meeting the kettle with some Wings fans in here.

Capitalism. You have more money, you're usually able to spend a bit more to improve your business/team. Doesn't always work out but it has in the past for both the REd Wings and the Yankees.

That's fair enough.

Not saying you specifically GoWings are thinking this, but plenty of times either here (and other places I'm assuming) Wings fans got all up in arms from others saying that they could spend plenty to win a Stanley Cup recently before Salary Cap era.

While it's not entirely just about payroll, the Red Wings had that flexibility, and used it to their advantage. The Yankees are doing the same.

Now people in here are getting all hellbent at the Yankees for having the flexibility and money to help aid in winning a championship. It just doesn't quite make sense to me and to a degree it's the pot meeting the kettle with some Wings fans in here.

Capitalism. You have more money, you're usually able to spend a bit more to improve your business/team. Doesn't always work out but it has in the past for both the REd Wings and the Yankees.

I can see that side of the argument too with the Wings/Yanks comparision. I don't fault the Yankees for doing what 29 others teams would do under the same circumstances. I just find it somewhat laughable that all the Yankees have to show for it is two championships in a decade. Honestly, they should win the World Series every. freakin. year with the resources they have available. They bought the two best free agent pitchers last winter and the biggest free agent bat. They SHOULD win the World Series.

The Yankees fan base is obnoxious. They are arrogant and self-absorbed almost on a complete whole scale level. I hate the Yankees mostly because of their fans and to a lesser extent for the team they put on the field. The Tigers more often than not stink it up, but the fan base is passionate and appreciative.

Baseball right now is on the most unlevel playing field ever in professional sports. Revenue sharing doesn't do s*** for small market teams because they can develop quality young talent and ultimately lose those players when they can't afford a massive contract. The Indians offered CC Sabathia $18 million and still couldn't afford to keep him. Every advantage in baseball favors the teams that can spend money with no limit. Until that changes (it never will), I hardly consider the Yankees winning a championship a major accomplishment.

Edited by GoWings1905

I can see that side of the argument too with the Wings/Yanks comparision. I don't fault the Yankees for doing what 29 others teams would do under the same circumstances. I just find it somewhat laughable that all the Yankees have to show for it is two championships in a decade. Honestly, they should win the World Series every. freakin. year with the resources they have available. They bought the two best free agent pitchers last winter and the biggest free agent bat. They SHOULD win the World Series.

The Yankees fan base is obnoxious. They are arrogant and self-absorbed almost on a complete whole scale level. I hate the Yankees mostly because of their fans and to a lesser extent for the team they put on the field. The Tigers more often than not stink it up, but the fan base is passionate and appreciative.

Baseball right now is on the most unlevel playing field ever in professional sports. Revenue sharing doesn't do s*** for small market teams because they can develop quality young talent and ultimately lose those players when they can't afford a massive contract. The Indians offered CC Sabathia $18 million and still couldn't afford to keep him. Every advantage in baseball favors the teams that can spend money with no limit. Until that changes (it never will), I hardly consider the Yankees winning a championship a major accomplishment.

Definitely agree with you on the fan base. I barely even watch baseball and I get sick and tired of hearing about the Yankees-Red Sox series whneever they play each other. We get it. You don't like each other. You haven't liked each other forever. I don't need to hear about it every. single. time. you. all. play. each. other.

And, as I don't watch baseball much, I don't really know how revenue sharing or things like that work without a salary cap work with baseball. You still got to give due where it is worth though. Under the current rules/system, Steinbrenner does what he thinks is best to bring a competitive team to try to win championships year in and year out. If I had the money I'd probably do the same thing. Sometimes it doesn't work. This season it did. Good for him and the Yankees. Blame the system for this to happen, not Steinbrenner and the Yankees.

Agree MLB sucks s***. The sport itself I still find interesting : my son just joined a league last summer, my father was a high school/college player, my grandparents listened to Ernie Harwell before they had a TV.

The only Yankee I somewhat admire is Jeter - the rest of them are frauds. The salary cap disparity is baseball is far more egregious than anything the NHL ever saw. Plus the fact the Wings found a way to win in a very even playing field (even though i have some probs with the nhl cap). How would the Yanks fare in a MLB cap world? who knows - they would still be a destination for players wanting to play for a storied franchise.

I also heard a story on sportsradio about teams purposely spending as little as possible to field a team. They get to revenue share with the big spenders like the Yanks/Sox - it is a big money making venture so there is no incentive to field a good team that costs more...

All in all being a fan of an AL team - the fact that the Sox/Yanks will outspend everyone is just ludicrous and makes it near not watchable. MLB is the worst organization in pro sports hands down.

Congrats Yanks? No, I don't think so - sport is just too tainted.