• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MCleveland89

Student Rush Tickets

Rate this topic

I am thinking about giving it a shot... i have a trusty EMU id from 3 years ago that I use often to get student discounts... might as well try it at the joe!

i'm wondering the same thing...

can't you just buy those bad seats and move into better ones, in the lower bowl? i know someone who did that back in march and got 3rd row, free... i'm thinking of trying it, i see open seats in 1st-3rd row on tv all the time. =) anyone think i can? hahah.

i'm wondering the same thing...

can't you just buy those bad seats and move into better ones, in the lower bowl? i know someone who did that back in march and got 3rd row, free... i'm thinking of trying it, i see open seats in 1st-3rd row on tv all the time. =) anyone think i can? hahah.

Since the games won't be sold out I'd say go for it.

I'm not that bold, since half the arena fills up by the middle of the second (I don't understand how people can miss an entire period of hockey).

My buddy and I bought student seats for Tuesday's game against Boston. We both figured that paying $15 would have us way up near the press box. Turned out we sat goaline (section 210, row 6, seats 14,15).

A guy came by who was interested in moving his season tickets to those seats. He told me it would cost him $2,500 per seat or roughly $62.50 per game.

Finally a benefit for being a student!!

yeah, i think i'll try it next week. got a question though: if i buy upper bowl seats can i just move into the lower bowl? pretty sure i can but just want to make sure.

Depends. The ushers watch pretty closely. If the game isn't well attended then maybe. Reality is all the seats at the Joe are pretty good. In fact you might even just want to move laterally if you buy student tickets.

It all depends on what time you get to the box office. Last year I used it once, and the upper bowl seats were really good. I think mine was row 6. Of course we had a really bad snow storm that day, so my friends and I moved down to the 2nd row, lower level, sat there all game.

I am thinking about giving it a shot... i have a trusty EMU id from 3 years ago that I use often to get student discounts... might as well try it at the joe!

I have a buddy who does the exact same thing. He hasn't been to school in over a year. :lol:

I have a buddy who does the exact same thing. He hasn't been to school in over a year. :lol:

that is very good to know! I haven't been in the class room in 4 years haha

Donald.... NO, as far as i know you just have to show a student ID school doesn't seem to matter!

I just went to the Sharks game with the student rush tickets. They were $68 seats (for $15), row 6 in the upper bowl, not too far from center ice. It was awesome :-P

That sounds amazing, and exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you!

I plan on going to the Vancouver game this upcoming Thursday. I want that Yzerman plaque they'll be handing out to everyone who attends. I'm a sucker for memorabilia, especially for my all time favorite player. :blush:

It all depends on what time you get to the box office. Last year I used it once, and the upper bowl seats were really good. I think mine was row 6. Of course we had a really bad snow storm that day, so my friends and I moved down to the 2nd row, lower level, sat there all game.

Nice. :thumbup: Those are sweet seats!

that is very good to know! I haven't been in the class room in 4 years haha

Donald.... NO, as far as i know you just have to show a student ID school doesn't seem to matter!

Thanks OsGod! I am going to try it soon. I will probably try it when Pittsburgh comes to town on March 22!!

I think I'm going to go to Thursdays game and get some student tix with my friends. 15$ for a hockey game + a giveaway night = pure win. Free parking in greektown + $1.00 for the people mover makes it an awesome deal.

I think I'm going to go to Thursdays game and get some student tix with my friends. 15$ for a hockey game + a giveaway night = pure win. Free parking in greektown + $1.00 for the people mover makes it an awesome deal.

OR, park at Hard Rock, get your parking validated at the Hard Rock gift shop then take the party bus to the Joe and enjoy the free shots they shove at you on the bus ;) Free parking, free bus, free shots = super win.

OR, park at Hard Rock, get your parking validated at the Hard Rock gift shop then take the party bus to the Joe and enjoy the free shots they shove at you on the bus ;) Free parking, free bus, free shots = super win.

Sounds awesome, except for the fact that I'm only 20...damn.

Does anyone know if I could buy multiple tickets with my ID? Most of my friends have class Thursday when I plan on getting the tickets, I guess I could just take their ID's for a few hours...