• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

Andy Strickland: "Wings and 'Hawks lead Forsberg race"

Rate this topic

Detroit and Vancouver are the 2 teams that are seriously interested in Forsberg via NHLSourcesSay

Chances we eventually pick him up are not looking too bad

Edited by cjm502

The Rangers have publicly admitted they are interested in him. The Avs are always interested in him, and have cap-space. The Caps are rumoured to be one of the top teams on his own list, and they just put Nylander on waivers which will clear some cap space.

I really doubt the Wings have any chance of landing him, but it would be nice.. atleast we'd have 2 decent PP-formations again,

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
The Rangers have publicly admitted they are interested in him. The Avs are always interested in him, and have cap-space. The Caps are rumoured to be one of the top teams on his own list, and they just put Nylander on waivers which will clear some cap space.

I really doubt the Wings have any chance of landing him, but it would be nice.. atleast we'd have 2 decent PP-formations again,

Regarding the bolded part: f*** Forsberg Jason Allison is still a UFA :D

/sarcasm

I could really see him working in Washington. Once again, I doubt we'd get him but those who don't want him on the Wings are blinded by past hatreted. This guy in his prime is a top 15 ever talent, and was basically last decades Zetterberg with a bit more talent and a mean streak.

I always loved Forsberg's style, the fact that he plays a "pretty" game with a hard-nosed style is very rare... But very effective. For a good 4 year period, I considered him the best player in the world (2000-2004)... These days, I truly think Forsberg can be effective given he doesn't go to a team with not a lot of weight on his shoulders and doing his own thing. If we bring him in as a 2nd line center, regular on the powerplay, I think he will contribute and he won't be a liability in anyway down the stretch. Let's face it, just a year and a half ago, he returned to Colorado and produced during the time he was in the line-up... That wasn't long ago. He's also 36 years old, same age as (still effective) players like Alfredsson, Kovalev, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Stillman, Rolston, Niedermayer, and younger than a good group of guys who are still doing their thing. So, it's not unlikely for him to come back and be effective, given the weight of the world isn't on his shoulder, and a fair price is involved.

I always loved Forsberg's style, the fact that he plays a "pretty" game with a hard-nosed style is very rare... But very effective. For a good 4 year period, I considered him the best player in the world (2000-2004)... These days, I truly think Forsberg can be effective given he doesn't go to a team with not a lot of weight on his shoulders and doing his own thing. If we bring him in as a 2nd line center, regular on the powerplay, I think he will contribute and he won't be a liability in anyway down the stretch. Let's face it, just a year and a half ago, he returned to Colorado and produced during the time he was in the line-up... That wasn't long ago. He's also 36 years old, same age as (still effective) players like Alfredsson, Kovalev, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Stillman, Rolston, Niedermayer, and younger than a good group of guys who are still doing their thing. So, it's not unlikely for him to come back and be effective, given the weight of the world isn't on his shoulder, and a fair price is involved.

The worry is the weight on his foot. :rolleyes:

Okay, bad joke.

article from today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,201078

Forsberg seems so iffy as to if hes going to come back, where, and when.

after reading the article i also notice how appealing the KHL is becoming for star players (or at least very good players).

a little concerning.... the NHL is the best league in the world, right?

I don't really see how signing Forsberg would be much of a risk. If he gets injured, we just put him on IR. If he can stay healthy and play at 1/2 the level he used to, I think he'd be a nice addition to the team. We would have to worry about the cap when Franzen, Fil, and Williams come back, but in the mean time we'd have Peter Forsberg. I'm sure the sweeds would love playing alongside him.

a little concerning.... the NHL is the best league in the world, right?

Go look at some players that moved to the KHL who were second to third line players in the NHL. You'll notice that most of them are top liners, and they're also outperforming their record statistics they set in the NHL (save for some of the old guys who just can't retire). Yes the KHL is legitimate, but it still has a ways to go before it should even considered in the same tier as the NHL.