• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

11/6 GDT: Chicago @ Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Chicago Wolves (5-6-0-1) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (5-4-0-0)
7:00 pm EST

large_larsson20.jpg

The Grand Rapids Griffins will look for their sixth consecutive win when they take on the visiting Chicago Wolves. The Wolves sit bottom of their division however they have won 4 of their past 5 games, perhaps due to the steadying influence of Chris Chelios who will be in uniform for Chicago as he looks to gain an NHL contract. He has a goal and 7 points in 6 games.

Unsure as to whether Delmore is back from injury, if he is perhaps hard hitting rookie Piche will sit. Tatar will probably play as the decision on the whereabouts of his immediate playing future looms for the Wings. The line of Ritola/Newbury/Mursak has developed some chemistry as a physical, gritty and defensively responsible line. Larsson should start tonight and look to continue on his recent run of strong form.

Projected lines:

Ritola - Newbury - Mursak
Axelsson - Walsh - Tardif
Emmerton - McGrath - Pare
Tatar - Rismiller - Williams

(Lemieux/Vigilante)

Janik - Kindl
Ehrhardt- Kolosov
Piche - Pyett

(Delmore)

Larsson
McCollum

Individual Leaders:

Goals: Williams, Tardif (4)
Assists: Janik, Newbury, Nylander (5)
PIM: Newbury (58), Crosty (21)
Plus/Minus: Janik (+4), Emmerton, Ehrhardt (+3)

Notes:

* Michael Nylander has finished his successful conditioning stint with Grand Rapids.
* Larsson stopped 74 of 75 shots in the previous two games and should start tonight.

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: See drumnj's stream
Grand Rapids Radio Broadcast
AHL Scores Page

Guest mindfly

Can anyone who follow the griffins give us some info on Axelsson's play thus far? Has he still got poor work ethic etc?

Can anyone who follow the griffins give us some info on Axelsson's play thus far? Has he still got poor work ethic etc?

He looked great last Friday night. Driving toward the net on each possession. Also played fairly physical - almost got into a fight when a few Houston players tried pushing him around. Axelsson created some pretty good scoring opportunities.

Anyone know why Williams is on the fourth line. The couple games I've gone to he has done superb.

Well, he's not really on the 4th line. They rotate a lot, some players get double shifted ect.

Score! :siren: Thanks again for the stream drumnj. :thumbup:

Do people here actually watch the games?

People just dont go into the AHL section. They probably dont even know theres a game on.

As Ive said before, Tardif is the man. And is an assist away from a Gordie Howe. Tardif should be in instead of Maltby. Very similar players, except Tardif is young, backs up his words and can actually fight. And score. And generally be AWESOME.

Larsson started off sluggish, and then stepped up his game - well good enough to get us the win. I'm going to echo some of the same comments already, Mursak and Tardiff are playing hard every game. Giving Mursak the playing time has really done alot for him. He's noticeable on every shift. He is intercepting/breaking up passes, playing the body, and even scoring goals now. Tardiff is doing everything he's been doing for a few years now. My favorite suprise this year is still Williams. He is going crazy, and kicking some ass in the process. This has been a fun 6 home games.

Do people here actually watch the games?

I try to whenever possible but it seems like most games are on Friday and Saturday evenings which is inconvenient. I do think it is great you can send us the archived games at a later time because I want to watch it as soon as possible. :)