• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Jamie Tardif

Rate this topic

Whilst alot is made of guys like Tatar and Kindl, one guy whos gone relatively unnoticed is Grand Rapids captain Jamie Tardif. Currently on a 2-way contact with Detroit, Tardif is leading the Griffins in scoring with 5 goals this season in 11 games.

There's not much to not like about this guy if looking to replace someone like Maltby. Hes chirpy, a great leader (hence GR's captain), can put the puck in the net, is gritty, hits hard and is a good fighter. He had a fight tonight against the Chicago Wolves and gave the other dude a thorough beatdown. Has trained with Aaron Downey all summer. What else could you want in a 4th liner I ask you? He'd be cheap as well.

Cheap, gritty, tough North American hockey player who can score goals right here. :thumbup:

It wouldn't be fair to the other teams.

Very true. Having trained with Downey (the 41 point a season enforcer using Eva inspired stats) we all know he would devastate the NHL with his 10 minutes of ice time.

I doubt he'll be up this year due to the comparitive depth we have in forward right now, but he'll definitely be on the radar next season. He's been red hot so far this season, something the Wings brass are surely aware of.

Can't wait to see more of this kid.

If Maltby, May, or someone along those lines goes down to injury later in the season, I would love to see a guy like Tardif up here for a little while. He's shown us so far this year that he can at least put the puck in the net at the AHL level, and he has the toughness and leadership to round out his game, so I see no real reason not to give him an opportunity.

Tardif has been pleasantly surprising (perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised!). He's doing it all for the Griffins right now and is showing great leadership on a relatively young and inexperienced side. Can score, fight, and who knows, if he keeps going the way he is he could be a call-up when injuries strike.

He went down from 8 fights 2 seasons ago to 3 last year. If he picks up on the fists again a bit more this year and keeps up the decent scoring then he should be with us next season. Anyone know why he toned it down alst season?

He went down from 8 fights 2 seasons ago to 3 last year. If he picks up on the fists again a bit more this year and keeps up the decent scoring then he should be with us next season. Anyone know why he toned it down alst season?

No idea why, but the fact that he spent the entire summer training with Downey tells you he has no intentions of giving up fighting.

Whilst alot is made of guys like Tatar and Kindl, one guy whos gone relatively unnoticed is Grand Rapids captain Jamie Tardif. Currently on a 2-way contact with Detroit, Tardif is leading the Griffins in scoring with 5 goals this season in 11 games.

There's not much to not like about this guy if looking to replace someone like Maltby. Hes chirpy, a great leader (hence GR's captain), can put the puck in the net, is gritty, hits hard and is a good fighter. He had a fight tonight against the Chicago Wolves and gave the other dude a thorough beatdown. Has trained with Aaron Downey all summer. What else could you want in a 4th liner I ask you? He'd be cheap as well.

Cheap, gritty, tough North American hockey player who can score goals right here. :thumbup:

I wouldn't say it was a thorough beatdown, he did win it at the end, though. He had a nice goal too. I wouldn't mind him in there over Eaves or May.

I wouldn't say it was a thorough beatdown, he did win it at the end, though. He had a nice goal too. I wouldn't mind him in there over Eaves or May.

Eaves? What the heck has he done wrong? He's been great since he was put on a line with Helm.

He threw a flurry of uppercuts and generally landed far more punches. That in my book is a thorough beatdown with extra added homerism. Textbook Downey beatdown.

Might have something to do with him being injured for a large part of the season. He fought Lappy in preseason (and lost...meh...probably felt sorry for him after the Downey fight) so dont worry hes still a scrapper.

Would love to see Tardif in the line up... a home brewed grinder who can play 4th line hockey? Been a while... Detroit is hurting for a couple more guys who will stand up for themselves out there

Very true. Having trained with Downey (the 41 point a season enforcer using Eva inspired stats) we all know he would devastate the NHL with his 10 minutes of ice time.

Yes, because I have ever insinuated that stats over a handful of games mean a player will continue to perform that way over an entire season.

Jackass.

eaves? have been watching the last few games... Eaves has really turned it on and is defiantly earning himself a spot as a regular... maybe may for a night or something, but not eaves

Yes, because I have ever insinuated that stats over a handful of games mean a player will continue to perform that way over an entire season.

Jackass.

You really do not want anybody to go through your old posts and start bringing up some of your canned hockeymetrics.

Whoa :blink: did you decide not to watch hockey anymore? Eaves is part of the hardest working line on the Red Wings. You don't break up the "Afterburner" line to see what some 25 year old, average skating AHL player will do.

Eaves, Helm, Draper line has been our hardest working and the biggest thorn in the opposition's side line on the ice. Eaves' has proven he can PK too, which is helping our PK stats out big time.

Glad you're not someone in the Wings organization who makes decisions. :ph34r:

Whoa :blink: did you decide not to watch hockey anymore? Eaves is part of the hardest working line on the Red Wings. You don't break up the "Afterburner" line to see what some 25 year old, average skating AHL player will do.

Eaves, Helm, Draper line has been our hardest working and the biggest thorn in the opposition's side line on the ice. Eaves' has proven he can PK too, which is helping our PK stats out big time.

Glad you're not someone in the Wings organization who makes decisions. :ph34r:

Eaves is paid league minimum, and the players with the lowest cap hit are usually the guys who are swapped out periodically to see what other guys can do. I understand how dominate this line has been...defensively and controlling the play, but which player would you take out to replace with Tardiff that is already in the line-up? Leino again maybe, but his confidence is already at an all-time low and from a management point of view this guy is counted on to pick up the offensive slack in the very near future. Maltby maybe, but he has been a surprisingly good player this season. Draper? Naw, he's got the speed, defense and FO ability we need late in games. Helm? No, same deal as Draper. I guess the only other real option is Abby, but it seems Babcock really wants him in there. Tuzzi', no. Cleary, no. Hank, no. Dats, no. Homer, no. JWill, no.

So who would you replace Tardiff with to get him into the line-up for a game or two?

In all fairness to a guy like Tatar, who is only 18, Jamie Tardif is 24. He's had plenty of time playing in the AHL.

I'm not entirely sure about his speed, but that's what an enforcer type guy needs to play in our system, imo. As cool as Downey was to have around, his wheels were downright terrible. The upside with May right now is that he has good puck protection skills along the boards, and can make a respectable pass out of the zone.

If Detroit is going to keep an enforcer on the team his greatest asset will need to be the speed required to create an up-tempo forecheck.

In all fairness to a guy like Tatar, who is only 18, Jamie Tardif is 24. He's had plenty of time playing in the AHL.

I'm not entirely sure about his speed, but that's what an enforcer type guy needs to play in our system, imo. As cool as Downey was to have around, his wheels were downright terrible. The upside with May right now is that he has good puck protection skills along the boards, and can make a respectable pass out of the zone.

If Detroit is going to keep an enforcer on the team his greatest asset will need to be the speed required to create an up-tempo forecheck.

This is a good post... Downey has a great attitude, but his skating abilities are terrible... May can skate, battle along the boards, and hands are not too bad...

As for Tardif, same thing with Janik?

Tardif isnt an enforcer. Just going to make that clear. He can fight and stick up for teammates, but hes definately more dimentional than that.

He also plays the Holmstrom role screening the net on the powerplay, and is on the PK unit.