• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cern

Wings to wear HHOF patches for tomorrow's game

Rate this topic

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=505083

Probably common knowledge, but it's a nice coincidential touch given Yzerman's induction. Though I really wish they'd put these event patches on the shoulder like the Rangers do, it always looks weird having it crammed alongside the C/A patches

Are they really putting them on their right shoulder as that pic shows?

Are they really putting them on their right shoulder as that pic shows?

The 4-inch-by-4-inch round patch, which the Wings will wear on their upper right chest, is a variation of the Hall of Fame’s official crest.

From the article based on the link above... If you scroll through the 3 pictures and look at the 3rd one, you will find the location.

From the article based on the link above... If you scroll through the 3 pictures and look at the 3rd one, you will find the location.

Ya i saw the pic. I can't believe they would try and squeeze it in there.

Does Paul Boyer really have to sew patches onto 22 jerseys himself? They can't get an intern to do it?

Oh no, not twenty two whole jerseys all by his lonesome! That may take upwards of a half an hour. Heaven forbid.

eta: Also,

Before departing for Toronto on Friday, the Wings’ equipment staff was busy affixing the patches to the jerseys with a two-way adhesive tape. Once the season ends, the Wings will have the patches sewn on to one complete set of red jerseys. The jerseys will then be made available for sale to the public at Hockeytown Authentics in Troy, Mich.

:ph34r:

The patches are very nice.

Edited by EuroTwin