• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilmrt

What to do with Lebda?

Rate this topic

whatever positive or negative Lebda brings, its impact can't be noticable in the big picture. It should't be.

MY point is that when 3rd liner has devastating impact on the ice it says that nobody is producting positively. And it is not Lebda's fault that first two lines in O and D fail...

Your point is incorrect. If your 3rd liner is consistently something the first and second lines MUST overcome in order to win, you need to lose said third liner.

Basically, you are saying that it's not Lebda's fault.....he's on the ice for goals against all the time.....but the top liners should be producing 5-6 goals a game to counteract this. If the top lines doesn't produce, it's their fault. If Lebda doesn't do his job, it's the top line's fault for not covering for him.

Brett Lebda sucks.

whatever positive or negative Lebda brings, its impact can't be noticable in the big picture. It should't be.

MY point is that when 3rd liner has devastating impact on the ice it says that nobody is producting positively. And it is not Lebda's fault that first two lines in O and D fail...

good teams are able to absorb bad plays, or can win games when playing...not well, even badly.

3rd liners shouldn't determine final score either positively or negatively. When it happens constantly it says that first two lines suck.

Sorry, you mean to tell me that Lebda being on the ice for so many goals against is the first two lines' fault?

Please explain to me how that is supposed to work.

Alright I'm with everyone when it comes to canning Lebda since he's been about useless this season, however I find myself getting just as angry with Rafalski...

Seriously I can't be the only one noticing that Rafalski has been just about as bad as Lebda, and he's supposed to be one of our best d men. They both seem like really great people and I hate to rip on them, but I'm way too fed up with this s***. We're in serious trouble if we're planning on playing a defensive game to solve this plague of injuries. Big E looks lost/confused out there most nights, Lebda and Rafalski are turnover masters, Meech hasn't looked too great this season...

I say we bench Lebda and give someone from GR a shot.

good teams are able to absorb bad plays, or can win games when playing...not well, even badly.

3rd liners shouldn't determine final score either positively or negatively. When it happens constantly it says that first two lines suck.

When you regularly make gaffes that end up with the puck in your net, that's noticeable on the big picture.

I don't think people are expecting Lebda to bail out the Wings. We just want him to not screw up in so many major ways. We're not talking about a few bad decisions. It's consistently awful play. This is his 5th season in the NHL, and he plays like a callup from Grand Rapids, at best.

As I've said before, now that Lebda is paired with a rookie, he's being exposed for the mess that he is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice Rafalski has been brutal this season, too. Lebada, although a problem, isn't the worst on this team.

Listen to Jimmy D. When he says it's going to be a struggle to make the playoffs, he's dead right. They were a 6-8th seed BEFORE the last couple of injuries.

When you regularly make gaffes that end up with the puck in your net, that's noticeable on the big picture.

I don't think people are expecting Lebda to bail out the Wings. We just want him to not screw up in so many major ways. We're not talking about a few bad decisions. It's consistently awful play. This is his 5th season in the NHL, and he plays like a callup from Grand Rapids, at best.

As I've said before, now that Lebda is paired with a rookie, he's being exposed for the mess that he is.

OK. I try to make my stance more clearly.

If Lebda plays his best season of his career and top 2 lines in both O and D continiue to play like "Lebda now", that is exactly what they are doing ( with some exceptions), this team competes for lottery no 1 pick.

If Lebda plays his worst season but top line play their best, they can win the Cup.

Lebda is exposed,I fully agree, but this team has far bigger problems than Lebda

Solve THE REAL issues first and then let's talk about Lebda.

Edited by hokike

I am usually the last person to bag on our defence but after what I saw last night from Lebda...he just looked silly out there. I think we have given enough chances to Lebda and Meech. Send Meech back to GR and bring up Janik to play with Ericsson and use Lebda as the 7th if need be.

I am usually the last person to bag on our defence but after what I saw last night from Lebda...he just looked silly out there. I think we have given enough chances to Lebda and Meech. Send Meech back to GR and bring up Janik to play with Ericsson and use Lebda as the 7th if need be.

I knew it was more than just personal fixation on him when even the commentators from Hockey Night in Canada mentioned his mistakes several times through the course of the night.

Put Lebda on waivers. If nobody takes, send him to GR. Don't resign him at the end of the year. Done.

As far as the "He makes $xxx,xxx" this season...

Lebda makes $650k, not $850k. And his value for that money is well worth it. Why?

Because he is paid less than $750k, and for only that much he is willing to be a healthy scratch many times and to stay off the ice most of the game when he IS dressed. How much better can he help the team when he's one of our alleged top-six? Lebda being OFF the ice certainly helps the team more than Z, Dats, or Nick being ON the ice helps. Make him the 7th defenseman for the rest of the season, and give him the Hart!

The Big E is not that much better to be honest...

Very true. Maybe playing with Lebda has brought out the worst in E, but he has looked nothing like the version we got last playoffs. It seems like either Lebda or E always pinches in and gets caught out of position. E hasn't looked sharp on the PK either where we need him most with Lilja out.

Something has to give on the third pairing. Either bench Lebda for good and find a replacement or shuffle the pairings and put Ericsson with Lidstrom. Rafalski hasn't done a whole hell of a lot defensively either to warrant playing in the top four besides his massive contract. The Wings have to win with solid defense now.

I was sooo f***in pissed when they put Quincy on waivers and kept this dumbass. He does NOTHING but skate around looking like an idiot, trying to figure out what to do with the f***in puck........No doubt that Quincy had a bad camp buthis play in the playoffs should have given him a leg up on Meech and Leb duh........

Very true. Maybe playing with Lebda has brought out the worst in E, but he has looked nothing like the version we got last playoffs. It seems like either Lebda or E always pinches in and gets caught out of position. E hasn't looked sharp on the PK either where we need him most with Lilja out.

Something has to give on the third pairing. Either bench Lebda for good and find a replacement or shuffle the pairings and put Ericsson with Lidstrom. Rafalski hasn't done a whole hell of a lot defensively either to warrant playing in the top four besides his massive contract. The Wings have to win with solid defense now.

Rafalski is a joke @6M So far this year and all of last season he should be ashamed to cash his paycheck.. 3M tops!

Rafalski is a joke @6M So far this year and all of last season he should be ashamed to cash his paycheck.. 3M tops!

This makes me think of another way to look at Ericcson. Rafalski gets to play with the best defenseman on the planet. So what's HIS excuse? (Yes, he drives me batz, too.)

I agree with those who say Ericcson is almost a rookie and probably worries about how Lebda's gonna screw up next and how he might have to cover for him.

Guest mindfly
Put Lebda on waivers. If nobody takes, send him to GR. Don't resign him at the end of the year. Done.

As far as the "He makes $xxx,xxx" this season...

Lebda makes $650k, not $850k. And his value for that money is well worth it. Why?

Because he is paid less than $750k, and for only that much he is willing to be a healthy scratch many times and to stay off the ice most of the game when he IS dressed. How much better can he help the team when he's one of our alleged top-six? Lebda being OFF the ice certainly helps the team more than Z, Dats, or Nick being ON the ice helps. Make him the 7th defenseman for the rest of the season, and give him the Hart!

according to nhlscap his caphit is $650k but his salary is $850k