• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 waitahochiminute

waitahochiminute

Henrikov Zetterstrom

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

Has anyone played it yet and is it any good?

#2 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Looks sweet... Baldur's Gate is still the best PC game ever, and I'm hoping this captures that feeling.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (egroen @ November 10, 2009 - 02:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks sweet... Baldur's Gate is still the best PC game ever, and I'm hoping this captures that feeling.

I can confirm that it does. Tons of dialogue options, sidekicks, quests, classes and sub-classes, tactics, combos. This game is massive and tons of fun.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ November 10, 2009 - 01:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can confirm that it does. Tons of dialogue options, sidekicks, quests, classes and sub-classes, tactics, combos. This game is massive and tons of fun.

Sweet. I've been going back and forth between buying this game and Modern Warfare 2. After seeing the commercial for Dragon Age a bunch of times last night, and your review, I know what game I'm gonna get.
thanks offsides!

#5 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Fan_In_Exile @ November 11, 2009 - 11:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet. I've been going back and forth between buying this game and Modern Warfare 2. After seeing the commercial for Dragon Age a bunch of times last night, and your review, I know what game I'm gonna get.

As a PC guy, CoD for me is a 4-5 hour campaign and no dedicated servers. I'll borrow it from a buddy somewhere down the line, but it's nothing I haven't played before.

Dragon Age is a huge game, probably well over 60+ hours of gameplay with replayability as different classes and subclasses, sidekicks, and origin stories, and different critical choices at lots of places along the way. I can't recommend it enough, it's been completely epic and thoroughly enjoyable so far.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#6 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

Sweet. It sounds like the main thing is multiplayer with MW2 and I still have Battlefield 1943 that fills that void good enough for me... for now.

Plus I think Bioware is behind this game and I like their work (Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, etc).

thanks offsides!

#7 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

I love this game, I can't stop playing it! I like it a lot more than Morrowind and Oblivion only because I'm not getting lost in the giant map or the side quests. I like that it has a more linear story line, like KOTR and Fall Out 3, but I like the conversation choices in DA better. Great game! thumbup.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#8 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

I know this is maybe even a 100+ hour game with good replayability, much like Oblivion. Still, Oblivion just didn't hit me that hard, even if it's thought one of the best games ever by some people. I just loved KOTORs and looking forward to get to play Mass Effect too. And those games have "only" about 30+ hours of gaming. They just work for me somehow. Maybe it's the medieval theme which maybe doesn't work for me...
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#9 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

This is definitely a cool game. I've been playing the 360 version. The only downer is that there was recently an update that caused a fairly major bug. I'm hoping it won't take them to long to resolve.
We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#10 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Turkey @ January 16, 2010 - 04:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is definitely a cool game. I've been playing the 360 version. The only downer is that there was recently an update that caused a fairly major bug. I'm hoping it won't take them to long to resolve.

Uhh I know! My X-Box got the red ring of death, so I have to send it in for repairs. Hopefully it won't take to long because I'm already having Dragon Age withdrawals.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#11 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Finnish Wing @ January 6, 2010 - 01:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is maybe even a 100+ hour game with good replayability, much like Oblivion. Still, Oblivion just didn't hit me that hard, even if it's thought one of the best games ever by some people. I just loved KOTORs and looking forward to get to play Mass Effect too. And those games have "only" about 30+ hours of gaming. They just work for me somehow. Maybe it's the medieval theme which maybe doesn't work for me...

I was a huge fan of KOTOR. Trust me, this game is basically KOTOR with swords and magic instead of lightsabers and the force. I was struck by just how similar the games were.

#12 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (wingnut40 @ January 16, 2010 - 06:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhh I know! My X-Box got the red ring of death, so I have to send it in for repairs. Hopefully it won't take to long because I'm already having Dragon Age withdrawals.

I've had the RRoD many times. After several repairs I've now gone over a year with no issues (knock on wood). The issue they had w/ DA was this update that popped up on the title screen. If you downloaded it (which most people unsuspectingly did) it promptly made all the class specializations stop working. I've unlocked Arcane Warrior and Shapeshifter and still can't use either one despite being level 13. Aggravating but hopefully they'll get it fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users