• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie12

Biron on the Move?

Rate this topic

Mentioned on tonights broadcast, but with Dipietro coming off of IR, the Islanders will be looking to trade Biron given their goaltending depth. If they are asking the right price, this could certainly light a fire under Ozzy and perhaps give us a short term solution (i.e. 1 year) in net.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I'd welcome it especially if we could sneak Lebda into the deal. Biron has looked pretty damn good so far this season.

that's the only way I would want Biron, if they took Lebda and hopefully meech back with them. I dont give a f*** if both turn into future Bobby Orrs just get the f*** off the team.

Yes, it is time to give up on Howard completely. He had his full 4 games chance as a backup on this team. /sarcasm

I remember not too long ago on this forum people were wanting to trade a rookie named Datsyuk. Then a little while later this forum wanted to get rid of another rookie named Kronwall. Oh, how did we ever manage with these two worthless players on the roster? Oh, we won the cup. Went to the WCF once and the SCF twice. Glad Holland is in charge of managing this team and not LGW posers.

:)

Edited by Viking_Erection

that's the only way I would want Biron, if they took Lebda and hopefully meech back with them. I dont give a f*** if both turn into future Bobby Orrs just get the f*** off the team.

I think the odds are on your side about their potential greatness.

Where the hell are you getting these 5 games from? I'm basing my opinion on the inconsistency that he has shown the past ~200 games under the Wing's development. He has yet to maintain consistent solid play for a whole game, not to mention any actual road trips. That said he certainly can develop into a Tim Thomas or Craig Anderson, but I sure am not going to wait 6 more years for that. If I could get a proven goalie like Biron for Howard I'd do it in a heart beat. And yes I understand that goalies take longer to develop, fact is I don't feel confident in Howard.

Where the hell are you getting these 5 games from? I'm basing my opinion on the inconsistency that he has shown the past ~200 games under the Wing's development. He has yet to maintain consistent solid play for a whole game, not to mention any actual road trips. That said he certainly can develop into a Tim Thomas or Craig Anderson, but I sure am not going to wait 6 more years for that. If I could get a proven goalie like Biron for Howard I'd do it in a heart beat. And yes I understand that goalies take longer to develop, fact is I don't feel confident in Howard.

Like I said, I am glad that Holland manages this team and not LGW posers.

So you sent Mike Illitch an email? Nice. :)

Nah, I just have a incredible hockey instinct about roster moves. If you want I could supply you with a E-autograph could be very valuable in the future. Hell it might even become the most valuable thing in your possession.

Hmm,,,,,,I don't know, can he net us 20 goals????

According to LGWs, the solution is just acquiring a goalie that will finish the season with a 0.02 GAA who is a playoff monster for under $1 million yearly salary. That's the logic here. Apparently Wings should win every game by scoring a whopping 82 goals a season.

According to LGWs, the solution is just acquiring a goalie that will finish the season with a 0.02 GAA who is a playoff monster for under $1 million yearly salary. That's the logic here. Apparently Wings should win every game by scoring a whopping 82 goals a season.

How dare a LGWer expect to have a back-up with a GAA under 3. :ranting:

Nah, I just have a incredible hockey instinct about roster moves. If you want I could supply you with a E-autograph could be very valuable in the future. Hell it might even become the most valuable thing in your possession.

What makes me think it'd just be a Polaroid of you flipping him off...

How dare a LGWer expect to have a back-up with a GAA under 3. :ranting:

We already had one. He's in St. Louis right now making $1.4 million. Rumor has it, in a salary cap era, teams are required to manage money differently than before -- therefore, relying on young talent to pick up some slack. In addition to the salary cap rumor, it was time to give Howard his fair shot in the NHL level. Guess he's only allowed to have 4 games to prove himself behind a team that doesn't feel like playing defense.

Apparently, the solution on LGWs is giving up the kid who had 4 tries for a goalie that consistently gets a shutout every game, well since this team can only score 1 goal a game. Does that sound overly dramatic? Of course it does... because it is. Helm hasn't scored a goal in awhile, maybe Wings should give up on him. Why would we need logic on LGW? Just knee-jerk reactions on here, baby.

We already had one. He's in St. Louis right now making $1.4 million. Rumor has it, in a salary cap era, teams are required to manage money differently than before -- therefore, relying on young talent to pick up some slack. In addition to the salary cap rumor, it was time to give Howard his fair shot in the NHL level. Guess he's only allowed to have 4 games to prove himself behind a team that doesn't feel like playing defense.

Nope he's had ~200 games to impress the Wing's management. Also I'm not talking about past decisions this off season, no where have I brought up Conklin. But guess what? Now we can afford a real back-up. Yay!

Apparently, the solution on LGWs is giving up the kid who had 4 tries for a goalie that consistently gets a shutout every game, well since this team can only scores 1 goal a game. Does that sound overly dramatic? Of course it does... because it is. Helm hasn't scored a goal in awhile, maybe Wings should give up him. Why would we need logic on LGW? Just knee-jerk on here reactions, baby.

He's had plenty more tries the 4 games, why do you refuse to believe that? I'm not asking him to win games either, but not giving up 4 goals an outing sure would help his case.

Let me sum it up for you, I don't hate Howard, and I hope he will reach his potential, that said I wouldn't think twice if I could get Biron for Howard that's about the only move I'd accept with Howard. If that is a knee-jerk reaction then whatever. Man, your straw man arguments give me a run for my money.

Nope he's had ~200 games to impress the Wing's management.

Really, that's why he's here and Conklin is not, because he had "~200" games to 'not' impress management? Please explain this 'theory' you have. Holland could have signed Bert and Conklin and skipped Williams in favor of a $500k Eaves type player, but opted to give Howard a chance to prove himself. And you call me straw man. Lol.

Also I'm not talking about past decisions this off season, no where have I brought up Conklin. But guess what? Now we can afford a real back-up. Yay!

In your theory, because we can afford a 'real' backup, our offense can still suffer, right? Do you realize how many goals the Red Wings have lost since 2008/09 compared to 2009/10? And you are okay with this?

He's had plenty more tries the 4 games, why do you refuse to believe that? I'm not asking him to win games either, but not giving up 4 goals an outing sure would help his case.

See above. You obviously don't get it. Holland and management get it, but you refuse to get it.

Let me sum it up for you, I don't hate Howard, and I hope he will reach his potential, that said I wouldn't think twice if I could get Biron for Howard that's about the only move I'd accept with Howard. If that is a knee-jerk reaction then whatever. Man, your straw man arguments give me a run for my money.

I never said you hate Howard. But your logic, or lack thereof, is very frustrating.

Answer this question. Why would Holland (who you claim knew Howard was a short term failure) not give Conkin an offer (which probably would have given the Wings a home team discount). That doesn't make sense, does it? Do you think Holland was purposely trying to sabotage this team? After all, Howard had "~200" games to impress management, and failed (so you claim). Why would Holland not re-sign Conklin and let Howard go, and since he probably wouldn't be picked up, stay in GR.

Now you want to trade Howard, who probably has no value since he's had "~200" AHL games to prove himself and is too much 'work in progress' to value ratio, for Biron who would cost more than what Holland could have resigned Conklin for. And Conklin is putting up better numbers than Biron.

Do you see your failed logic yet?

Really, that's why he's here and Conklin is not, because he had "~200" games to 'not' impress management? Please explain this 'theory' you have. Holland could have signed Bert and Conklin and skipped Williams in favor of a $500k Eaves type player, but opted to give Howard a chance to prove himself. And you call me straw man. Lol.

In your theory, because we can afford a 'real' backup, our offense can still suffer, right? Do you realize how many goals the Red Wings have lost since 2008/09 compared to 2009/10? And you are okay with this?

See above. You obviously don't get it. Holland and management get it, but you refuse to get it.

I never said you hate Howard. But your logic, or lack thereof, is very frustrating.

Answer this question. Why would Holland (who you claim knew Howard was a short term failure) not give Conkin an offer (which probably would have given the Wings a home team discount). That doesn't make sense, does it? Do you think Holland was purposely trying to sabotage this team? After all, Howard had "~200" games to impress management, and failed (so you claim). Why would Holland not re-sign Conklin and let Howard go, and since he probably wouldn't be picked up, stay in GR.

Now you want to trade Howard, who probably has no value since he's had "~200" AHL games to prove himself and is too much 'work in progress' to value ratio, for Biron who would cost more than what Holland could have resigned Conklin for. And Conklin is putting up better numbers than Biron.

Do you see your failed logic yet?

The reason they let Conklin go was because of money and the fact that Howard passed his last year of waiver exemption. So it's either sign Conklin and lose Howard for nothing or give Howard a chance as a backup (after many years of attempting to groom him into a STARTING GOALTENDER) and let Conklin walk.

Had nothing to do with Holland thinking Howard was a better goalie.

yeah and you are becoming a big fan on LGW bashing the whole site. you are just as bad as carmen but on the other side.

The reason they let Conklin go was because of money and the fact that Howard passed his last year of waiver exemption. So it's either sign Conklin and lose Howard for nothing or give Howard a chance as a backup (after many years of attempting to groom him into a STARTING GOALTENDER) and let Conklin walk.

Had nothing to do with Holland thinking Howard was a better goalie.

Right but the point is this carmen kid is claiming that management knew in advance that Howard was a failure, because he had ~200 games not to impress anyone. If this theory is true, why give him a chance? Teams groom players all the time to find that they're a bust. Carmen is basically saying Howard was a bust before he got here... yet Holland let Conklin go.

As for money, like I pointed out in my previous post, Holland could have given Conklin Jason William's money and signed another cheap Eaves type player to plug the forward position.

Look at Carmen's theory. Carmen makes it sound like he/she had some kind of special inside info that not even Holland knew.... I'm calling bulls***.

Wings lost 144 goals and 314 points and we're talking about spending limited cap money on a backup who might play 30 games?