• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blankrap

Where in the world is Andreas Lilja?

Rate this topic

He still suffering from the concussion? Is he done playing? I havn't heard any updates on him in a while now. Sure do miss they guy especially when you see things like this happening on defense.

Not that lilja didn't make mistakes too but I think he is a better option.

There's already been a thread or two regarding Lilja this week ;)

He seems to be doing better after seeing a chiropractor May recommended him over in Vancouver. He hasn't had any headaches in 3 days after that and said he might start practicing soon to see how it feels to skate at full speed and also take some light hits.

He joked saying he'd rather not take any hits from the likes of Kronners or Stuart but maybe Osgood.

I really hope he can come back to play a bit, at least to replace Lebda. He could also teach Ericsson a thing or two.

Anyways, here's one for Lilja :beerbuddy: Cheers!

Edited by Namingway

Remember also it took Patrice Bergeron a year or so to come back from one. The fact that he's feeling headache free for any point in time is encouraging, and as he said, he doesn't have the dizziness or the problems driving a car or anything like that, so that is also a positive. Patience, dear...he will come back.

Hasn't really been that long actually....nowhere near the longest concussion ever. You can't be too careful about things and rushing someone back from something like this could not only have serious impacts on the ability for them to continue their career, but could also impact their quality of life outside of hockey.

When Lilja does come back it's going to take awhile before he's back to form. 2 years ago Lilja and Lebda were the two biggest whipping boys on this forum. I expect Lilja to be the whipping boy on LGWs after he returns.

That said, I'd like to see Janik play more instead of Lebda/Meech.

Edited by Viking_Erection

Guest Crymson

Mistakes like that? Lilja has fallen, found himself out of position, or otherwise screwed up more and at more important times than any other Red Wing currently under contract. Your reference to a defenseman falling as something that could be corrected by Lilja's return is especially funny to me. The guy has horrible balance to go along with his oft-hideous hand-eye coordination.

He's often solid, but he makes many, many mistakes. Let's not forget game 6 against Edmonton in '06 and game 5 against Anaheim in '07. Etc.

All this love for Lilja is a case of "absence makes the heart grow fonder", taken to a degree that is becoming ludicrous. Added to that old adage should probably be something regarding forgetting faults and mistakes. People want Lilja back to replace Lebda/Meech, but should he indeed return, those same people will quickly re-learn that Lilja is slow and often mindless and careless on the ice.

Edited by Crymson

Mistakes like that? Lilja has fallen, found himself out of position, or otherwise screwed up more and at more important times than any other Red Wing currently under contract. Your reference to a defenseman falling as something that could be corrected by Lilja's return is especially funny to me. The guy has horrible balance to go along with his oft-hideous hand-eye coordination.

He's often solid, but he makes many, many mistakes. Let's not forget game 6 against Edmonton in '06 and game 5 against Anaheim in '07. Etc.

All this love for Lilja is a case of "absence makes the heart grow fonder", taken to a degree that is becoming ludicrous. Added to that old adage should probably be something regarding forgetting faults and mistakes. People want Lilja back to replace Lebda/Meech, but should he indeed return, those same people will quickly re-learn that Lilja is slow and often mindless and careless on the ice.

Oh comon if you single out lilja for the 07anaheim loss, Datsyuk should get his fair share of the blame also with his stupid last minute penalty that resulted in a ducks goal and win. Plus lilja was stellar against pittsburgh finals in 2008, something that cannot be said of the 2009 defense against pens.

Edited by Phazon

It wasn't Lilja's absence but his '08 playoffs and '09 season (prior to injury) that made the heart grow fonder. He played much better than the mistake-filled, frustrating seasons that preceded.

It wasn't the defensemen falling. You should watch the video. Lebda didn't fall he failed. Lebda screened ozzy. Try again. Thanks.

Also please note that I did say: "Not that lilja doesn't make mistakes...."

Edited by blankrap

Oh comon if you single out lilja for the 07anaheim loss, Datsyuk should get his fair share of the blame also with his stupid last minute penalty that resulted in a ducks goal and win. Plus lilja was stellar against pittsburgh finals in 2008, something that cannot be said of the 2009 defense against pens.

these two things are not comparable at all. That was a pure phantom call on Dats just to make the series a bit interesting for a casual fan. One the other hand, Lilja had a clear giveaway right in front of Ozzie in OT...

Edited by RusDRW

these two things are not comparable at all. That was a pure phantom call on Dats just to make the series a bit interesting for a casual fan. One the other hand, Lilja had a clear giveaway right in front of Ozzie in OT...

I think you mean Hasek ;)

In any case, Crymson's at least partially right. He was prone to making extremely stupid mistakes in the defensive zone, and his giveaways were more often than not, cringe-inducing. That said, he had been much better last season before he got hurt.

It wasn't Lilja's absence but his '08 playoffs and '09 season (prior to injury) that made the heart grow fonder. He played much better than the mistake-filled, frustrating seasons that preceded.

:thumbup:

Lilja did something to change his game for certain. He was strong in the '07 playoffs despite some glaring mistakes but really came on in 2008.

And more in regards to what Crymson said, we're not talking Lidstrom-like impact here...I don't think anyone expects a HUGE impact when he returns, but you completely missed the player he became if you think he's going to come back and only play as well as Lebda.

It wasn't the defensemen falling. You should watch the video. Lebda didn't fall he failed. Lebda screened ozzy. Try again. Thanks.

Also please note that I did say: "Not that lilja doesn't make mistakes...."

It was actually Draper that fell, and when one of your best defensive (and fastest) forwards falls on the backcheck, bad things are gonna happen.

It was bad play all around, Draper falling, Lebda not stepping up at the right time, and Ozzie not getting his pads down.

Either way, Lilja being in instead of Lebda wouldn't prevent that goal.