• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Giguere wants out of Anaheim

Rate this topic

First of all, hell no to him. Don't want him.

Second, son, you should be damned glad you have a job at all. I can bet you there are a lot of goalies who'd give their catching glove to have a position on an NHL team - hell, any team. Be grateful for what you have.

Second, son, you should be damned glad you have a job at all. I can bet you there are a lot of goalies who'd give their catching glove to have a position on an NHL team - hell, any team. Be grateful for what you have.

How many of those goalies have a Conn Smythe? I mean, he definitely shouldn't have came out in public with this, especially how with how much the organization has done a lot for him the past couple years, but Giggy at least was a damn good goalie, and is still fairly young I can understand his frusteration of not playing, hell there would be something wrong if he said yeah I love being a back up. He is a competitive, that's a good sign I suppose...

That said, no thanks for him with the Wing's way too big of a contract.

Rafalski for Giguere? I doubt that he's that much better than Osgood, especially since Ozzie's been in Conn Smythe condition for the last two post-seasons. I think Red Wings need more their 60-point defenseman than a goalie which isn't that much better than what the team already have.

Giguere needs to prove his worth. If he plays well enough to knock Hiller to the back-up position than you can't tell me that the Ducks are going to use a good goalie. On the other hand if Anaheim is just set on having Hiller as the starter than Giggy should get out of there. I mean he did lead the Ducks to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 03 and did win the Conn Smythe Trophy when his team didn't even win the Cup. He also helped lead the team to their first ever Stanley Cup Championship in 07. Giguere deserves to play he is a great goalie even if it means not playing in Anaheim.

Giguere has been going about this pretty well with regard to attitude until now; he hasn't complained or shown any signs that he was unhappy being the backup. This is a completely new thing. Also, while Quebecois players do often act like prima-donnas with regards to playing time, it's not as if they are the only players doing so or even as if they do so an unusually high percentage of the time. People often suggest that everyone but English-Canadians are prima-donnas and selfish in this manner. Doesn't anyone remember guys like Dany Heatley, Eric Lindros, Mark Messier, Chris Pronger, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Kariya, Joe Thornton?

It's not a matter of ethnicity or culture.

While I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to Giguere, but my impression is that he's been on a slight decline these past 3 to 4 years...Not sure if he's worth the $6 large on our payroll, nor what it would take to get him (read Rafalski, or Kronwall).

That's pretty much how I see it too. This ain't 2003, kids. Or even 2007. I mean, sure, he was an elite goalie as recently as two years ago, but you just can't ignore it when a 32-year-old has what looks to be back-to-back crappy seasons.

Even forgetting about the "dressing Meech/Lebda" issue, NTCs, etc., I wouldn't trade him straight up for Rafalski right now. And I'm not exactly the biggest Rafalski fan in the world either.

If Anaheim buys him out (which surely they'd have to given his price tag), I think Detroit should jump on the opportunity to sign him as a 1a goalie for 3M/season. Give him and Osgood equal opportunity with a "win and you're in scenario" and operate the goaltending situation with a similar approach to Osgood/Hasek. I have never been more confident in our goaltending situation than Oz and Dom splitting time in the crease. The unfortunate part is that Giguere's child requires special attention and his doctor lives in California so he'll be much less inclined to sign all the way up in Detroit.

JSG may have fallen on hard times lately, but you're kidding yourself if you think that he's washed up at age 33. Given the right opportunity he could be on the right side of a Conn Smythe in the next few years.

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing

If Anaheim buys him out (which surely they'd have to given his price tag), I think Detroit should jump on the opportunity to sign him as a 1a goalie for 3M/season. Give him and Osgood equal opportunity with a "win and you're in scenario" and operate the goaltending situation with a similar approach to Osgood/Hasek. I have never been more confident in our goaltending situation than Oz and Dom splitting time in the crease. The unfortunate part is that Giguere's child requires special attention and his doctor lives in California so he'll be much less inclined to sign all the way up in Detroit.

JSG may have fallen on hard times lately, but you're kidding yourself if you think that he's washed up at age 33. Given the right opportunity he could be on the right side of a Conn Smythe in the next few years.

And what happens if Ozzie wins in that scenario? We get the same problem Anaheim has right now, just with a smaller buyout later.

I agree that he might not be washed up, a change of scenery might give him a few more productive years, who knows. But I am saying that when a guy approaching his mid-30s has consecutive bad years, you at least have to have the idea that he might be in the back of your head before throwing a bunch of your cap space at him.

We would 1st need to move some players... I say move Franzen and Fil... They are not doing us any good at the moment.

Let's call that "Plan N". That's "N" as in NEVER! That would be such a shortsighted move, there is no way any GM, especially Holland, is going to approve. Or even think about. In fact, if I were you, I'd be watching out for Kenny's Death Squad for even bringing it up.

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

Rafalski has been looking awfully pale recently, maybe he'd like to work on his tan?

i dont know how many of these posts i've seen but its annoying. brian rafalski has a NO TRADE CLAUSE

NEWARK, N.J. Clarifying comments he had made a couple of days earlier, Ducks goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Wednesday reiterated that his foremost desire is to remain in Anaheim.

I want to be part of this team, Giguere said after the clubs morning skate in preparation for tonights game against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center.

I want to be the No. 1 (goaltender) in Anaheim's Giguere said.I love playing here. I want to be here.

linky

Edited by Duck Guy

Let's call that "Plan N". That's "N" as in NEVER! That would be such a shortsighted move, there is no way any GM, especially Holland, is going to approve. Or even think about. In fact, if I were you, I'd be watching out for Kenny's Death Squad for even bringing it up.

The fact that you fall for my posts explains it all... :lol:

why is it that this kind of crappy attitude always come from Quebec-born players?

citing the very best Eric Cartman:

good riddance, Jiggy! too bad Brian has already a quality goalie (or he thinks so)

but there's always KHL to play in.

The best was Robin Williams, he loves poking at the French. The quote doesn't do the performance justice, but in the last phrase below he struts around pretending to be a French general talking to his troops as they prepare for battle:

Now how can you trust an army—how butch is an army that has a wine opener on its knife? "Men, I know that many of you have never opened Chardonnay under fire!"

Hey who wouldnt be mad if they were in his shoes. He was not just the starting goalie for them, but a couple years ago he was easily considered to be on of the best in the league. But when your not performing, how are you going to start? And doesnt sound like he has too much love for his teamates and is acting kind of selfish. If he wants to start, he needs to prove he's worthy again and show the ducks that he is the #1 goalie. But for now, he should keep on conplaining considering he cant perform.