• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Giguere wants out of Anaheim

Rate this topic

Rafalski has been looking awfully pale recently, maybe he'd like to work on his tan?

Let's just say Rafalski waived his no trade clause. Do you want both Meech and Lebda in at the same time? This would have to include another move, which adds money. Also, Anaheim would be okay sending Giggy out East (and to Burke) but not to a rival like Detroit.

Wow. I can see thinking that, or saying it in private with your GM, but to come out like that in the press, especially after they were pretty darn good about giving him time to be with his family when his son needed him? Tacky at best.

You're getting paid to do what they tell you, bub, not to have "fun".

Sure, one of the two will probably be moved at the end of the season, but that's for then. This just stirs up resentment. Hiller has covered nicely for him, and if he's earned the starting spot, than Giggy just has to earn it back.

Man, would I be pissed off to be a GM these days. The players (and agents, apparently) have all gotten entirely too mouthy. I'm glad a few franchises have players that are smart enough and get enough encouragement to just shut up when somebody comes around with a camera or a tape recorder.

I think it says a lot about the Wings lately that when Leino said he wouldn't play in the AHL anymore, it stood out. When a twenty-something European prospect making under a million dollars mouths off and that's our worst PR news in years, this org has got it done right.

Kind of surprising, especially considering the way he's going about it, and saying it. Not really cool if you ask me.

NHL.com - Giguere wants out

Giguere is an elite goalie that's fallen off the wagon and struggled since last season. He is, however, a guy who won the Conn Smythe as the losing goalie, so he's definitely capable of being a game breaker. If I remember correctly, he makes somewhere near 6 million dollars, so I'd never advocate taking him on here in Detroit unless it was a re-entry waiver thing where we'd only be paying half or the deal included an excellent young player or prospect to sweeten the pot (and provide cap relief by replacing a more expensive guy).

why is it that this kind of crappy attitude always come from Quebec-born players?

citing the very best Eric Cartman:

When Hitler rose to power there were a lot of people who just stopped playing...do u know who those people were? ...the French... are you French Clyde?....

good riddance, Jiggy! too bad Brian has already a quality goalie (or he thinks so)

but there's always KHL to play in.

Nothing really wrong, or surprising, about it IMO. Giggy makes $6 million, no one can pay a backup goalie that much.

Probably shouldn't be talking about it publically, but it's no big deal.

You forgot about Chicago

Edited by MadMan Mark

Wow. I can see thinking that, or saying it in private with your GM, but to come out like that in the press, especially after they were pretty darn good about giving him time to be with his family when his son needed him? Tacky at best.

You're getting paid to do what they tell you, bub, not to have "fun".

Sure, one of the two will probably be moved at the end of the season, but that's for then. This just stirs up resentment. Hiller has covered nicely for him, and if he's earned the starting spot, than Giggy just has to earn it back.

This is the part that makes me mad. He was allowed to use a team owned private jet to go from Canada and california while he was taking his son to the hospital for his eye. And allowed to take off as long as he saw necessary.

If u gonna say something like that do not spew it out to the media..

big fail on his part. :thumbdown:

and I think Hiller is better then JS right now.. even when he was playing he was shaky and got pulled alot.

Edited by Duck Guy

cant see Detroit getting him for anyone who is hopeful, he would have to be traded and if he was I would be afraid of a guy like that turning around and shutting the door on his old team in the playoffs. (if they met) He is a former superstar goalie still young still capable and would probably get traded to the east if he were to be traded.

Let's just say Rafalski waived his no trade clause. Do you want both Meech and Lebda in at the same time? This would have to include another move, which adds money. Also, Anaheim would be okay sending Giggy out East (and to Burke) but not to a rival like Detroit.

I just barfed in my mouth a little bit with the consistant pairing of Lebs and Meech...with that being said, Jiggy shoudnt air his dirty jock strap in the media but he is a great goalie and would look great in the winged wheel.

My guess...we end up with an Islander...Biron or Roloson and Biron would be my guess. 6 million..thats just wrong

Giggy is basically just stating the obvious. He doesnt want to be a back up, and I'm sure the ducks dont want a 6 mil dollar backup as well.

Plus you have Ryan and Hiller who are both free agents after this year and are due for raises.

I agree he shouldn't have went public though.

Giguere as a backup? Sure. As a #1? No.

At his price tag? Hell no!

Have fun finding some crappy, desperate team.

If it wasn't for Gustavsson performing well, I would have bet on a Giguere/Burke reunion. Now, who knows?

It's not going to happen, but yes... I would take Giguere over Rafalski 100% of the time (on this current team).

Ericsson or Kronwall would be bumped up to play with Lidstrom (to concentrate on offense) and I am of the opinion Janik is better than Lebda and Meech defensively -- even better if Lilja gets back.