• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Came to the conclusion that my favorite levels are Terminal, Highrise and Skidrow. Scrapyard is pretty sweet too. But the levels I hate the most are definitely Wasteland and Estate. Still though, what a bad ass game. Can't WAIT for the first map pack to come out. I'm guessing it won't be until spring, but still, gonna be sweet.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#42 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (redwingfan19 @ November 30, 2009 - 06:50AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
should i pick this up? my buddy ( a halo fanboy ) has been playing this non stop. so it must be pretty good

I'd say definitely pick it up if you play online. The campaign is only like 5-6 hours, but the multi-player is bad ass and the spec ops is pretty cool too (also better if you play online- can play co-op with a friend).
thanks offsides!

#43 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

Ive become a noob tuber..
Nube tube on my scar with the level 65 rocket launcher
Danger close, scavenger and commando.

Oh man, how fun it is to blow s*** up, esp. the campers in Wasteland

Edited by Four, 11 December 2009 - 04:21 PM.

O.o

#44 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Four @ December 11, 2009 - 04:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive become a noob tuber..
Nube tube on my scar with the level 65 rocket launcher
Danger close, scavenger and commando.

Oh man, how fun it is to blow s*** up, esp. the campers in Wasteland

Especially the camping snipers. I almost always leave wasteland right away unless they shoot me right in the middle of a match or something.

#45 Cern

Cern

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oh god, the immense levels of MW2 fanboy butthurt on the internet about their mediocre yet-another-generic-fratbro-FPS not winning Game of the Year is delicious...
1 2 3 4|1 2 3 4 5 6 7|1 2 3 4 5|1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#46 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

JUST HAD MY FIRST NEWKS!!! =)) hahaha. Felt so goood! First one was on Afgan, the other was on Wasteland. =) Killstreak is up to 27 now. Booyah! Global Thermonuclear War tag is f*ckin awesome!

Nuke away friends, nuke... away!
Posted Image

#47 Blaayze

Blaayze

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Cern @ December 12, 2009 - 10:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh god, the immense levels of MW2 fanboy butthurt on the internet about their mediocre yet-another-generic-fratbro-FPS not winning Game of the Year is delicious...

... k. dry.gif
Posted Image

#48 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Cern @ December 12, 2009 - 10:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't go that far. But I will say, I thought COD5 was the overall better game. Don't get me wrong, I frickin LOVE MW2. But I just liked COD5 a tad better. Biggest reason being the whole melee aspect of the game. MW2 should have left the melee alone. Nothing annoys me more then getting knifed when I KNOW I saw the guy first and hit the button first. But ohhh he has commando on...bulls***. But other than that, love it.

#49 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

World at War felt like I was playing 007 Goldeneye for my damn N64. Although the graphics are much better on MW2, it is the same un-advanced online garbage everyone loves for some reason. Run around and spray bullets, absolutely no strategy.

Someone please explain to me what makes the online gaming so great, because I think it blows. I have played so many damn games online, and this is nothing but a letdown.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Blaayze

Blaayze

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Because you don't have to be great to be good; however, if you want to take your game to the next level, you have to use strategy. It's not all team deathmatch. It's a pick up and play type game. People like it because your not using old weapons that seem like they are broken when you shoot them. Me personally, I would much rather be firing some new high-tech rifle than a old beat up looking M1 Garand. It's appealing to people. I have a riot playing around with friends on the same team. We generally do pretty well because we use teamwork and are used to playing on the same team together. I have no idea why you said there is no strategy, if you want to win consistantly, you need to plan your attack out.

I thought CoD5 sucked. The only thing that I found entertaining was 'Zombies'. I really couldn't of cared less about the single player story.

Posted Image

#51 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

Ok so i was a huge fan of Cod 4 loved it! Amazing multiplayer took skill to be good and was addicting.

Now Mw2 comes out and im thinking its gonna be the best.. to my surprise like stated above its a pick up and play game the maps seemed to be catered for noobs and it just seems random. Even if im doing good i dont feel rewarded for it. I just feel like i happened to see some guys and i shot them. More people are using noob tubes and the secondary weapons are overpowered.. what happened to your one good gun and a pistol? Now you got people running around with double shotguns and all this random modern crap with hartbeat sensors on your guns. I dunno I'm trying to like this game but it just seems catered towards anyone now and it feels random. The maps are bigger and more wide open with multiple areas to go through meaning you get shot from behind on many occasions.

Thank you Teeman!

#52 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

The game is crap. Plain and simple. Get a real game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Blaayze

Blaayze

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (cjm502 @ December 17, 2009 - 04:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im glad you're so high on your pedestal. Please sir, can I have some more.

Edited by Blaayze, 17 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

#54 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (cjm502 @ December 17, 2009 - 04:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you referring to MW2 only? Or the entire COD franchise? Cause I think COD4 and 5 were much better in terms of multiplayer. But I can understand some people having a beef with MW2's multiplayer mode.

#55 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (cjm502 @ December 17, 2009 - 02:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of curiousity, what do you consider a real game? I enjoy MW2 for what it is, but I also sitll play Battlefield 1943 probably half the time I feel like playing an online multiplayer FPS.
thanks offsides!

#56 jerm8352

jerm8352

I am the GREATEST swordsman that ever lived!

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

The thing that really gets me mad are the double shotgun people. For some reason, they can kill you from 100 yards away with a shotgun. that is messed up. Or when they run straight at you with them and you put a whole clip into them with an assault rifle and somehow they end up killing you. That's what makes me mad. I'd take noob tubers over double shotguns any day.
I remember the good old days when LGW was worth going to and not full of blind homers who freak out just because someone thinks that the Wings aren't perfect.

#57 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (jerm8352 @ December 18, 2009 - 01:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing that really gets me mad are the double shotgun people. For some reason, they can kill you from 100 yards away with a shotgun. that is messed up. Or when they run straight at you with them and you put a whole clip into them with an assault rifle and somehow they end up killing you. That's what makes me mad. I'd take noob tubers over double shotguns any day.

Amen to that. I could see getting beat by the double shottys from close range. But I was playing Skirdow earlier and someone got me with the double shotguns from about 60-70 yards away. Absolutely ridiculous range. I'm still not sure how you get the double shotguns (haven't tried looking it up on google or anything yet) but I was running out of ammo for my ACR, and I picked them up, and my god it's literally effortless to get kills. I had a 5 streak going with them before I got killed, and it was the first time I've ever used them.

#58 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

They should have never tweaked the melee. It should be whoever hits sees the other and hits the button first. Not this commando BS. I used to love to melee. Now I rarely utilize it in the game, in fear that the opponent has commando on. Or worse, that they have commando+lightweight+marathon. I've found that using a shotgun is about the only way to save yourself from getting knifed. I can see why so many people liked COD 4 and 5's multiplayer mode better. It's more fair and rewards you for skill, not some outrageous perk.

#59 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (TheDetroitRedWings @ December 29, 2009 - 09:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should have never tweaked the melee. It should be whoever hits sees the other and hits the button first. Not this commando BS. I used to love to melee. Now I rarely utilize it in the game, in fear that the opponent has commando on. Or worse, that they have commando+lightweight+marathon. I've found that using a shotgun is about the only way to save yourself from getting knifed. I can see why so many people liked COD 4 and 5's multiplayer mode better. It's more fair and rewards you for skill, not some outrageous perk.

yep, a lot of people are using this so called "knife class" now and it's getting old fast. I tried it out and went like 13 and 4 or something but it's kinda lame. Also there is some glitch where if you get a care package and press right and the d pad you can run around 2 times faster with the care package grenade knifing people, it's ridiculous

all in all though I love this game and glad I picked it up
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#60 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (TheDetroitRedWings @ December 12, 2009 - 12:26AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Especially the camping snipers. I almost always leave wasteland right away unless they shoot me right in the middle of a match or something.

Erm...what? Snipers arent supposed to run around aimlessly you know.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users