• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/11 GDT: Red Wings 9 at Blue Jackets 1

Rate this topic

Had a hockey game of my own and i left when we were up 3-0, i come home to see we won 9-1, HOW DID WE NOT GET THE SHUTOUT???? :ph34r:

Always gotta nitpick something as a DRW fans right? :lol:

Good to see Bert, Abs, and Leino all get on the board

GO WINGS!!!

:lol:

I can't believe you just made a thread "Miller claimed off waivers"!!

:hysterical:

Seriously, dude.

Sorry, I know it's OT but come on. That's too funny.

yeah my bad!! I must have forgot I was at LGW for a 1/2 a millisec and went all out! Also when your team wins 9-1 you tend to get quite jubilant and idiotic! :rolleyes: But glad they got him nonetheless. Looks like a good pickup!

Anyone?....Anyone at all??...please. :crybaby: "Yes, no, maybe"?

http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk/

check out that site.. you'll have to join probably and if youve never used torrents read up. not sure if the games up or when it will be up. ive downloaded from there in the past but not in a long time. good luck :)

ps: 9-1 :D :D !!!

hahah go wings!!

Funny thing about that scouting report is they praise him for his positioning and angle play, then mention that Kelly Hrudey compares him to... Tim Thomas?! Heh, not exactly what you think of from Thomas, who is a pretty unconventional goaltender.

:lol: I know. I guess they're both American, so there's one similarity.

http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk/

check out that site.. you'll have to join probably and if youve never used torrents read up. not sure if the games up or when it will be up. ive downloaded from there in the past but not in a long time. good luck :)

Thank you so much!!! :yowza: You seriously don't know how upset I was that I missed it. The ONE time!! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: Anyway, thanks again. ^_^

It's funny because scouts said his rebound control was excellent when he's on his game. Here's his scouting report from redwingscentral.com (the report was written before this season when he was still a prospect):

I think that was a typo, Drake. They meant to say:

"... Doesn't [touch] any [pucks that don't result in] rebounds and sucks ..."

:)

All in all... I thought he was barely passable... and I LIKE the guy... or at least I WANT TO. I used to think "Captain Rubber Pads", CuJo, was bad. This guy should be sponsored by Goodyear, Teflon and FLUBBER... because nothing sticks to him and everything bounces off.

Regs,

Jeff

PS - Hell of a game by the rest of the team. Bring it tomorrow too!

Wow, I was at the game and I must say I was a stunned wings fan; every jacket in the place was flabbergasted. lol! That was friggin' nuts. half the arena left after the 5th - 6th goal. The sarcasm in the place was really funny, with people yelling "just pull the goalie" and "hey why are you guys leaving we're about to make a come back." That was a real fun game to be at. The CD101 radio guy said it was "the worst blue jackets game ever played" bout wrecked my car with laughter over that one. The wings flew as A UNIT and looked like the Red Wings should look, they should be very proud of themselves.

My Only Beefs:

Howard gets a B-. i mean ya, he only let in 1 goal, but he only had 2 saves that were good quality scoring chances. I am very bias though as I think the wings should dump him. he's blown too many opportunities, BUT hopefully he can build on this because I really do want him to be good.

Another observation: Lebda, my lawd lebda! I don't know if the tape caught it, but this dude made 2 or 3 VERY scary passes in our zone rather than making a safe play to the outside. the passes did connect, but why in the hell risk it? he made some poor choices out there.

p.s. what's up with nearly all goals scored were so and so's "3rd goal of the season" I just kept hearing that over and over again @ the arena... totally weird.

Friggin' GO WINGS!

Edited by Chonmon

Wow, I was at the game and I must say I was a stunned wings fan; every jacket in the place was flabbergasted. lol! That was friggin' nuts. half the arena left after the 5th - 6th goal. The sarcasm in the place was really funny, with people yelling "just pull the goalie" and "hey why are you guys leaving we're about to make a come back." That was a real fun game to be at. The CD101 radio guy said it was "the worst blue jackets game ever played" bout wrecked my car with laughter over that one. The wings flew as A UNIT and looked like the Red Wings should look, they should be very proud of themselves.

My Only Beefs:

Howard gets a B-. i mean ya, he only let in 1 goal, but he only had 2 saves that were good quality scoring chances. I am very bias though as I think the wings should dump him. he's blown too many opportunities, BUT hopefully he can build on this because I really do want him to be good.

Another observation: Lebda, my lawd lebda! I don't know if the tape caught it, but this dude made 2 or 3 VERY scary passes in our zone rather than making a safe play to the outside. the passes did connect, but why in the hell risk it? he made some poor choices out there.

p.s. what's up with nearly all goals scored were so and so's "3rd goal of the season" I just kept hearing that over and over again @ the arena... totally weird.

Friggin' GO WINGS!

Ever hear the quote "everything comes in 3's" like when you sneeze you almost always do it 3 times in a row. And its cool it ended up at 9 goals which is divisible by 3 and you get well, 3. 3's are the bee's knees.

Edited by Pavel Hossyukstrom

Okay, what was Hitchcock thinking?

Pulls Mason, puts backup in and Garon didn't do too bad, lets 1 goal in.

Then goes back to Mason and he lets in 3 more? Why put Mason back in ???

This game must have done wonders for Mason's stats.

That was a really fun game to watch, but holy mother of god were the BJs just giving the Wings the puck, perfect set ups for goals. Some forced, some unforced, but even with pressure you've got to be smarter with the puck. Can't argue with their finishing though -- a week ago that would've been all wide and off the posts. :lol:

Gotta agree that I wasn't very impressed with Howard, he was giving up huge rebounds on long, unscreened shots but Nick and the rest of the gang were in good position to help him out. It's funny that when he plays well the team seems to do a terrible job around him and he loses by five goals, and when he's shaky they demolish the opposition for an easy W.

I wasn't home for any of the game except the first two goals. I watched it when I got home and WOWZA!!! :w00t2:

I am so very proud of the Wings. Spouse said they never, ever let up.

I can hardly wait to start reading this board. Let me count the explanation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!