NUMBER: 17

HEIGHT: 6' 0"

WEIGHT: 191

Shoots: Right

BIRTHDATE: May 1, 1984 (AGE 25)

BIRTHPLACE: Calgary, AB, Canada

DRAFTED: OTT / 2003 NHL Entry Draft

ROUND: 1st (29th overall)

This seasons reclamation project and Dan Cleary hopeful. I'll update his stats after every game and we can use this thread to discuss what we think about our newest reclamation project.

2009-2010 REGULAR SEASON STATISTICS

GP - 65

G - 12

A - 10

P - 22

+/- - Even

PIM - 26

Hits - 128(4th)

BKS - 44(3rd amongst forwards)

TKA - 20

GVA - 12

ShTOI/G - 2:16

AvgToi-13:26

2009-2010 PLAYOFF STATISTICS

GP - 8

G - 0

A - 0

P - 0

+/- - -3

PIM - 2

Hits - 18

BKS - 3

TKA - 2

GVA - 2

ShTOI/G - 3:23

AvgTOI - 11:57

Patrick Eaves re-signs in Detroit for one year, $750,000

****** 2010/2011 Season Update ******

2010-2011 REGULAR SEASON STATISTICS

GP - 63

G - 13

A - 7

P - 20

+/- - -2

PIM - 14

Hits - 106

BKS - 27

TKA - 20

GVA - 14

ShTOI/G - 2:41(2nd among forwards)

AvgToi - 12:41

Patrick Eaves re-signs in Detroit for three years, $1.2 million per year.

Your thoughts?

Edited by thedatsyukian

His work ethic and speed have been causing havoc out there with Helm. His shot is good enough that you can see why he had such a strong rookie campaign with Ottawa. I have to remind myself sometimes that he's only 25, right around the age as the rest of our rookies so he's got some time to improve.

4 points in 9 games? That's good for a minor role player, especially considering he's been much better than his initial start with the team. Like others, I didn't think he worked really well at first, but boy he's really earned a full-time spot. I think he can do some great things for his career with this team and I hope he continues on an upward trend. That line is so fast!

4 points in 9 games? That's good for a minor role player, especially considering he's been much better than his initial start with the team. Like others, I didn't think he worked really well at first, but boy he's really earned a full-time spot. I think he can do some great things for his career with this team and I hope he continues on an upward trend. That line is so fast!

I absolutely love this line - speed kills...

Rewatching the Wings CBJ game now, and Eaves basically caused the third goal by laying a thundering hit on one of the CBJ players, keeping the puck in the zone, creating a turnover, taking a player out of the play.

He has been impressive so far, much better than i expected. I love to be proven wrong about things like this.

I love how Eaves has played for us. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer or point producer, but he does all the intangibles and can chip in a few (he does have apparent offensive talent that could show up in a bigger way as well). He seems like a real team player and kind of reminds me of Cleary.

Anybody else notice that Eaves went right after Hejda after he dropped Datsyuk in the 1st? Not only did he lay him out in the corner but he caused a turnover that led to the Draper goal. He doesn't show up on the stat sheet for something like that but it was a great play for both reasons. Backed up our superstar and caused a costly turnover, two great reasons to go out of your way to lay a hit on someone. If you missed it click on Draper's goal here http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=200...51&fr=false.

Rewatching the Wings CBJ game now, and Eaves basically caused the third goal by laying a thundering hit on one of the CBJ players, keeping the puck in the zone, creating a turnover, taking a player out of the play.

He has been impressive so far, much better than i expected. I love to be proven wrong about things like this.

Beat me to it.

Today I was actually thinking about how we can leave that line together when everyone is back and healthy. Right now they are our 3rd line, but when everyone is back they will make up our 4th (hopefully), but where does that leave May? I know Babs likes to dress him on a regular basis, so what options do we have here?

Today I was actually thinking about how we can leave that line together when everyone is back and healthy. Right now they are our 3rd line, but when everyone is back they will make up our 4th (hopefully), but where does that leave May? I know Babs likes to dress him on a regular basis, so what options do we have here?

Most likely he'll just break up the 4th line for games when we absolutely need May. Then he can just jumble the lines to keep Helm-Draper-Eaves together if necessary during the game.

Seeing as Franzen won't be back until March it won't really be an issue for May to get into the lineup on a regular bsis or as Babcock sees fit. The problem will come in tryign to keep Draper - Helm - Eaves together once Filppula and Williams come back. As soon as Filppula comes back it'll be tough because who are you going to demote to the fourth line? Not Filppula...only way that line stays put is if Leino really struggles and gets demoted to the 4th and they insert Filppula into the top six and juggle.

I was really excited when the wings signed him for 2 reasons. 1) got him for REAL cheap, and 2) I love when the wings go and get a guy that needs some work and turn them into a big project. I loved it when they did it with cleary. Hes done nothing but impress me so far this season. I love players that play hard night in and night out, and there are only a handful of players on our team right now that you can say that about (although the team is all starting to play that way now like they used to). I love that he has the speed that we were kind of lacking and putting him with the other two fastest guys on our team really throws off the other teams at certain points. I like that he plays a physical game and still has decent hands. Like someone said, its hard to beleive that this guy is still only 25, but its awesome cause he gives our team youth, and he hasnt even hit his prime yet, so who knows, he might he turn into a better scorer after another season or two. However, even if he never turns into a scorer, he has already shown that he can contribute on so many other levels. Two Thumbs WAY up. Im really digging the moves that holland made to and get Eaves and im really like the Bertuzzi pick up as well. I think our team is finally starting to click and hopefully get back in the top rankings where they belong.

Guest E_S_A_D

Eaves is bad at hockey, a bad pregame interview, has a bad hairdresser, and needs to make eye contact more. Other than that, I'm sure he's a helluva a guy.

WHat I really like the most about Eaves is how hard he plays. He's got a little edge to him so even if his scoring doesnt develop I could see him being a Maltby type replacement. Someone who is stron gon the PK, can chip in here and there offensively, works hard on the forecheck, causes trouble for the other teams is a real team guy. In my mind there is no wonder that Helm and Eaves have such good chemistry. They are a lot like a younger version of Draper and Maltby. I really think they are the beginning of a reincarnated grind line.

WHat I really like the most about Eaves is how hard he plays. He's got a little edge to him so even if his scoring doesnt develop I could see him being a Maltby type replacement. Someone who is stron gon the PK, can chip in here and there offensively, works hard on the forecheck, causes trouble for the other teams is a real team guy. In my mind there is no wonder that Helm and Eaves have such good chemistry. They are a lot like a younger version of Draper and Maltby. I really think they are the beginning of a reincarnated grind line.

I like it!

Seeing as Franzen won't be back until March it won't really be an issue for May to get into the lineup on a regular bsis or as Babcock sees fit. The problem will come in tryign to keep Draper - Helm - Eaves together once Filppula and Williams come back. As soon as Filppula comes back it'll be tough because who are you going to demote to the fourth line? Not Filppula...only way that line stays put is if Leino really struggles and gets demoted to the 4th and they insert Filppula into the top six and juggle.

First of all, the earliest Franzen can come back is JANUARY. So saying he's out until March is a bit of an exaggeration-- that's a worst case situation.

Second, the team is better off with Filppula on the third than they are with him on the second-- it makes us much deeper and more potent all the way through the line-up.

Once everyone is healthy I think the obvious choice is to keep this third intact and use them as the fourth line.

First of all, the earliest Franzen can come back is JANUARY. So saying he's out until March is a bit of an exaggeration-- that's a worst case situation.

Second, the team is better off with Filppula on the third than they are with him on the second-- it makes us much deeper and more potent all the way through the line-up.

Once everyone is healthy I think the obvious choice is to keep this third intact and use them as the fourth line.

Draper-Helm-Eaves is the ideal fourth line, like someone said they could be the reincarnation of the Grind Line.

The point of what I was saying was in reference to if the line could be kept together and how it would work with ppl coming back so me sayign Franzen isnt back until March when he could be back in January is irrelevant.

Also, I do agree the Wings would be better with Filppula on the third line instead of the second but when Filppula is back and Williams and Franzen are out it would be very difficult to have Fils on the third line while keeping Draper - Helm - Eaves in tact as the fourth line. The only way that could be accomplished would be to move ABdelkader/Maltby/May/Miller up onto the third line.

Ssee what I'm getting at? Obviously once everyone is back, whether that be January or March, the obvious move is to make the Draper - Helm - Eaves line our fourth. But we're talking about what happens when Filppula comes back...and then when Williams comes back.

Get it?

Babcock is going to have some tough choices when our injured players come back, especially if these lines continue to click the way that they have so far. Leino might work better with Zetterberg and Cleary than he did with Filppula and Williams, so you leave him on the second line and then put Filppula and Williams on the third line with Abdelkader/May/Maltby/Miller and the fourth line (or current third line actually) can stay in tact. Once Franzen comes back, you have to question whether Holmstrom or Bertuzzi would go to the third line with Filppula and Williams, if that's the way it works out. That's just the scenario I have in my head. Ideally, everyone comes back and Babcock goes back to his original line plans, but they didn't seem to be working quite as well early in the season so who knows?