• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thedatsyukian

Patrick Eaves Watch Thread.

Rate this topic

I always thought he had potential to be great. Every time I've ever seen him play (on any prior teams) he just looked like he didn't have anyone to click with. Now he has a few, and he's been doing damn well. I hope we keep him out of all our offseason pickups, as he was also the one I was most interested and excited for.

Sucked against Montreal and Florida. Didnt hit or forecheck well, he needs to learn that he isnt worth a dame unless he is doing that, we need that lineto provide energy everynight.

I don't really think of Eaves as a forechecker. To me he's just a seat filler on the 4th line who doesn't do anything particularly well. We'd have been better in the offseason of signing someone like Winchester or Crombeen to fill that same role.

At the same time, he doesn't do anything stupid out there, so maybe the Wings are happy just with that. Hence the idea of a seat filler.

Eaves is a real good player, desperately hoping we re-sign him.

He's putting up points at a very decent clip, I'd love for him to get a shot with Datsyuk.

Guess what? His +8 rating is leading the team, 2 clear of the next best (Lidstrom). :thumbup:

Eaves is a real good player, desperately hoping we re-sign him.

He's putting up points at a very decent clip, I'd love for him to get a shot with Datsyuk.

Guess what? His +8 rating is leading the team, 2 clear of the next best (Lidstrom). :thumbup:

While I'm not ready to declare him a success yet, I do think he's done very, very well with the hand he's been dealt this season:

...So Far: 18gp 2g 6a 8pts +8

On Pace: 72gp 8g 24a 32pts +8

That would be tied for his best career pts total in the NHL, but would be behind his two best seasons for goals scored.

Still, if Eaves can put 30+ pts up as a 3rd/4th liner I'd say he can be very happy with this season.

16:41 ice time, I don't have game by game statistics on me but that would surely be right up there with the most minutes he's played this season. Another strong game tonight.

Edited by Aussie_Wing