• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thedatsyukian

Patrick Eaves Watch Thread.

Rate this topic

I have a really good feeling that were not gonna be getting pushed around anymore.Boll would be a perfect fit here!

They have had plenty of looks at him too. Has offensive ability as well with the enforcer mentality. Diggin it.

He's no slouch either,he can skate.4th line will hopefully look like this:

Boll-Abdelkader-Eaves

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Bowlin Ball-Apple Fritter-Patty Sunshineclap.gif

Thats a 4 we can all look forward to being wrecking balls. It really really sounds like if we don't get Boll that we will get somebody like that though. Your handle may come true sir.

They have had plenty of looks at him too. Has offensive ability as well with the enforcer mentality. Diggin it.

I have never liked Boll. He has always come across as a total ******. The guy tried getting in to it with Datsyuk for gods sake. May never went after the other teams stars. Downey never went after the other teams stars. Boll is just one of those guys I want to get knocked right out every time he drops the gloves.

I have never liked Boll. He has always come across as a total ******. The guy tried getting in to it with Datsyuk for gods sake. May never went after the other teams stars. Downey never went after the other teams stars. Boll is just one of those guys I want to get knocked right out every time he drops the gloves.

I doubt youd feel the same if he played for us.

Opinions SOMETIMES change when that winged wheel graces the front of the sweater.

See sometimes for: Jason Williams, Ville Leino, Kyle Quincey, others.

EDIT: Bert, every 3 weeks.

Edited by HankthaTank

Good he knows his role then. Throw the other teams stars off their game, maybe get them t take a roughing penalty. Boll isn't like May or Downey. He's actually a solid player, can, skate and hit. Downey and May were pretty one dimensional.

Boll is like a big agitator mixed with a light heavyweight weight fighter that will take on anyone.

Boll Abby Eaves would be a sick 4th line. They would probably get in like 25 fights by themselves, maybe more depending on Eaves.

Good he knows his role then. Throw the other teams stars off their game, maybe get them t take a roughing penalty. Boll isn't like May or Downey. He's actually a solid player, can, skate and hit. Downey and May were pretty one dimensional.

Boll is like a big agitator mixed with a light heavyweight weight fighter that will take on anyone.

Boll Abby Eaves would be a sick 4th line. They would probably get in like 25 fights by themselves, maybe more depending on Eaves.

At the very least 25 with Boll in every night.Boll's put up 20 before.

At the very least 25 with Boll in every night.Boll's put up 20 before.

Boll would be a good influence on Abdelkader I think. Encourage him to play with an edge and be physical. Abby would be forced to back him up sometimes and they would be a good one two punch.

Boll is an RFA though so I wouldnt get our opes up to much.

Boll would be a good influence on Abdelkader I think. Encourage him to play with an edge and be physical. Abby would be forced to back him up sometimes and they would be a good one two punch.

Boll is an RFA though so I wouldnt get our opes up to much.

There's so many available guys with snarl out there.Maybe were looking at a trade?Ritola for Boll?thinking out loud here.

There's so many available guys with snarl out there.Maybe were looking at a trade?Ritola for Boll?thinking out loud here.

I wouldn't mind that trade. Ritola is looking like a skilled third liner at best and Boll is a guy who could step up on the third line if needed. Maybe we could get like a 5th out of that too.

I wouldn't mind that trade. Ritola is looking like a skilled third liner at best and Boll is a guy who could step up on the third line if needed. Maybe we could get like a 5th out of that too.

I'd accept that trade anyday.I'm gonna have to look up updates on whether Columbus is set on re-signing him or maybe letting him go.

I got curious to see if HF had any reports on Eaves and they do have a little something.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/7522/ncaa_top20_prospect/

NCAA Top 20 prospects

02/04/2005

1. Patrick Eaves, RW (Junior, Boston College)

Drafted in 2003 by the Ottawa Senators. First Round, 29th Overall

When Patrick Eaves was scouted for the NHL Draft in his freshman season at Boston College, many of the reports about his likelihood of reaching the NHL were less than enthusiastic. Two years later, the question is not if, but when will he be in the NHL. Eaves has become one of the best players in the nation, and what makes him such a great player is the fact that he combines exceptional skills, a tremendous understanding of the game, an intense competitive nature and the consistent willingness to do whatever it takes for the betterment of his team. Nowhere is that willingness more evident than the rigors that he puts his body through game in and game out. It is because of that willingness that he is susceptible to injuries, and while they may have slowed Eaves down throughout his collegiate career, it has never impeded his determination and drive to be the best player possible.

Eaves, who serves as one of Boston College’s assistant captains, is also a top candidate for this year’s Hobey Baker award. He leads the Eagles in virtually all statistical categories, including goals (14), assists (21), points (35) and plus/minus (+21).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9068/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_fall20062650/

Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2006: 26-50

09/18/2006

38. Patrick Eaves, RW – Ottawa Senators

Eaves started his first professional season in the AHL with Binghamton. After being called up and sent down a few times early on in the season by the Senators, the former first round draft choice nailed down a regular spot in the Ottawa’s line-up by mid-season. In 58 games with the Senators, Eaves scored 20 goals and nine assists for 29 points. Rugged, combative, and possessing a lethal shot and release, Eaves is primed for a big season this fall for the Senators as he should see his role and ice time increase significantly. With the trading of Martin Havlat to the Blackhawks in the offseason, Eaves should be able to nail down a spot in the Senators top six and contribute even more offensively than he did last year.

I know that the third line as of today will have Hudler and Cleary as its wingers but I just wanted to start a discussion about the possibility of Eaves perhaps becoming a guy we can count on to be a 35-40 point tweener.

If Babs is so obsessed with having a right handed shot on the PP then I wish Babs would give Eaves a shot, pun intended, but according to trends of the way the Wings handle TOI among players, only a very select few play the penalty kill AND the power play on a game to game basis. Lidstrom, Kronwall and Zetterberg were the only ones last year iirc. It's as if you can only play Eaves on one or the other.

Eaves is just one of those guys you really want to see do well. Maybe because he's so spazzy and happy when he scores, I don't know. :w00t2:

If Eaves was put in to a top 6 role and was told to go out there and put up points I dont doubt he could. If something ever happens and Eaves gets time playing next to Zetterberg or Datsyuk on a regular basis I would have very high expectations for him. As for playing the point on the PP we all know Eaves has a wicked wrister, but what about his slap shot? When shooting from the blue that is normally the better choice unless you are setting up Homer or something.

As for playing the point on the PP we all know Eaves has a wicked wrister, but what about his slap shot? When shooting from the blue that is normally the better choice unless you are setting up Homer or something.

Well again, that is, if the team is still obsessed with using a right hand shot on the PP.

I can see this guy really lighting it up next year, he could be a versteeg type player and just be that solid 3rd or 4th line guy you can turn to for big goals by role players. Eaves is the man! I hope he scraps some more this coming season it was fun watching him fight versteeg they beat the piss out of eachother.

Guest Stolberg

they pinned the ducks in their own zone last night which lead to the awesome shift by dats and z