• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thedatsyukian

Patrick Eaves Watch Thread.

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I just wish we could see what he'd be like on the third line with more responsibilities on the offensive end. A line of Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves sounds like a decent idea as far as offense from the third line goes. How is it that Miller gets Hudler's spot?

I've no freakin' idea, to me it's very obvious eaves got more offensive upside than miller and would complement the third line well with a right-handed shot, a very good shot, too.

It's just one of those things that seems so obvious to us and yet Babs still promoted Miller more often than Eaves last year. I mean, there's gotta be a reason. Maybe Eaves is just not as we good as we think he is offensively? I don't know.

I'd really like for the Wings to keep him somehow. He's just such a great person who always seems to have a smile on his face. Oh, and he's a good hockey player too. I think he's just about the ideal guy overall that I'd like for the Wings to have on their bottom six.

And so you want him to keep scoring but at the same time the more he produces, the larger his salary will be next year and the more difficult it will be for the Wings to keep him.

Guest mindfly

Eaves is a keeper, you can replace miller, draper and modano with 2 kids from GR and a FA signing.

Eaves is a keeper, you can replace miller, draper and modano with 2 kids from GR and a FA signing.

As much as I like Miller, Eaves has been more effective this season. And if we have to pay him a bit more, so be it, he's a hard worker and he's differentiated himself from Miller so far. I'd still like to keep both, though.

Next season the lines could look like:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filpulla-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-UFA/Call-up-Eaves

Assuming Modano, Draper and Hudler are gone. Hudler will probably stay if he picks it up, but I don't see how he fits in outside the bottom six. I'd hate to see Helm or Abdelkader stay on the 4th line, though they do provide great energy.

As much as I like Miller, Eaves has been more effective this season. And if we have to pay him a bit more, so be it, he's a hard worker and he's differentiated himself from Miller so far. I'd still like to keep both, though.

Next season the lines could look like:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filpulla-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-UFA/Call-up-Eaves

Assuming Modano, Draper and Hudler are gone. Hudler will probably stay if he picks it up, but I don't see how he fits in outside the bottom six. I'd hate to see Helm or Abdelkader stay on the 4th line, though they do provide great energy.

Helm is a 4th line center on a Cup team. Saying "I don't want the team to have better players so that the guy I like can play" doesn't help the team. It would be as if I were to say the Wings shouldn't add Brad Richards and Alexander Semin at league minimum contracts just because I want Hudler to play more.

Edited by eva unit zero

I love Patrick Eaves work ethic and pure joy for the team, and game. I guess since he was raised in the US is the reason he doesn't act like the typical Canadian robot out on the ice.

edit: Didn't know he held dual citizenship, that explains it!

Edited by Konnan511

Guest mindfly

I love Patrick Eaves work ethic and pure joy for the team, and game. I guess since he was raised in the US is the reason he doesn't act like the typical Canadian robot out on the ice.

Care to elaborate on that, Sir?

Guest mindfly

freedom runs through his veins

EVERY TIME HE SMILES A COMMIE DIES

And Canada isn't free? :hehe:

Canadians act like robots on the ice? Like who?