• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BeeRYCE

How frequent do you guys go to games?

Rate this topic

I live in New Jersey so I go whenever the Wings come around this area (Devils, Rangers, possibly Islanders and Flyers). I also went to the game in Carolina the year the Hurricanes won the cup and was fortunate enough to witness a great Yzerman goal while wearing my Yzerman jersey!

When my boyfriend and I lived in Michigan still we'd go as often as we could. I think we saw about four or five games in two years? Including two playoff games. I'd buy him tickets for his birthday and once for our anniversary.

The closest team to us is the Sharks now, but they sell out pretty quickly and we can't really afford their ticket prices right now, so I haven't been to a game in a while. :(

Last season I went to four regular season games - two in anaheim, two in la then three in anaheim for the playoffs and then two Stanley Cup Finals games so that makes 9 total.

Yzerman's retirement season I went to 11 games... between, LA, Anaheim and Detroit :)

I usually try to get to at least two games during a season. Last year I was lucky enought to see 4 games. What's crazy is that I've been to nearly 40 games in the past 15 years and have only seen the Wings lose 2 or 3 games and tie once.

I usually try to get to at least two games during a season. Last year I was lucky enought to see 4 games. What's crazy is that I've been to nearly 40 games in the past 15 years and have only seen the Wings lose 2 or 3 games and tie once.

You are lucky. I am the opposite. I usually go to 4-5 games a year and at least one playoff game. Rare they win. Hopefully that is changing since I went to last night's game.

Lucky!

The wings are 0-3-1 for me...

this includes both the buffalo and toronto blowout this year :thumbdown:

I've been lucky:

2007: 1 W (Van) 1 L (LA) 1 SOL (Col)

2008: 4 W (Phx, SJ, Philly & Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final)

2009: 2 W (Philly & Bos)

7 W, 1 L, 0 OT, 1 SOL

My family and I have had season tickets for the last 3 seasons so I've been very very very spoiled. It's like an hour drive to the Joe from here so it's not too bad. We didn't renew our tickets this year with my younger brother's hockey schedule and my work schedule (not to mention the incredible cost) so I've only been to 1 preseason game so far, plus the game I went to in Toronto last weekend. I am going next Friday night against the Panthers though!

I've been lucky:

2007: 1 W (Van) 1 L (LA) 1 SOL (Col)

2008: 4 W (Phx, SJ, Philly & Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final)

2009: 2 W (Philly & Bos)

7 W, 1 L, 0 OT, 1 SOL

I'm... hm. 14-1.

1-0 from '06-07 (Caught a Hasek shutout, 3-0 against the Hawks)

5-0 from '07-08 (Saw Franzen win game 5 of the Nashville series, and Helm with game 2 of the Dallas series)

7-1 from '08-09 (Saw Ozzie's SO against the BJs and Z fight Malkin)

1-0 this season. (Home opener, 3-2) :D

I live in Metro Atlanta now, so I normally go to Thrashers games during the season. The Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL arena is like ten minutes away, so I go to about a dozen of those games a season, and usually make it to about 6 Thrashers games a year. I've been in a trend the last few years to fly out to Detroit overnight in early January to catch a home game, which i've done once a year for the last 4.

This.

And for me there's the 7 hour drive to the Joe, my 2 boys (19 month old & 2 week old that my wife, & I would have to bring along), the cost is never getting any cheaper, etc, etc.

Center Ice in HD along with cheaper snacks/beer, and no waiting in a line for a clean bathroom just tops things off ;)

I'm in Wi too. About 7 hours drive.

I make 8-12 regular season games and most of the home playoff games.

We go twice a season. Once in October and once towards the end of March. Our anniversary is in August, so that's our present to each other. As soon as the schedule comes out we try to pick a really good game to go to. I told my hubby I would rather go to a game than get flowers or something like that. We also share a birthday, so the one in March is our birthday present to each other! The 8 1/2 hour car ride from Wisconsin to Detroit is a killer sometimes though!

Me, rarely ever... Once a year if anything. I would attend more if my birth certificate didnt accidentally get thrown in the dryer. I realize I need a passport now, but I certainly do not have that yet to cross the border.

But, I do often see posts on here quite frequently from you guys saying you were at this game, that game, etc, etc. So I am interested... What games have you guys been to this season... How often do you go... I am interested.

Yeah even us US citizens are gonna need a passport for returning home from Canada. WTF?@?@?@ but right now there's a grace period for US citizens. It's bulls***!!

Yeah even us US citizens are gonna need a passport for returning home from Canada. WTF?@?@?@ but right now there's a grace period for US citizens. It's bulls***!!

Yea as a Canadian taking my passport to Wings and Tigers games isn't much fun. I take the tunnel bus from Windsor to games, so I have to carry it around with me :thumbdown:

I keep hearing rumors about a North American Union and a Amero, similar to Europe, coming soon, and it seems they're making it tougher each year to cross the Canadian-American border.