• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

When Lidstrom and Draper Retire

Rate this topic

Say after this season Lidstrom and Draper decide to retire, who do you think will become the new captain and who will be the two assistant captains?

I would say Zetterberg would be captain, with Datsyuk and Kronwall as the assistants. What are your opinions??

We do not have any good "leader" figures on our team besides those two right now, but I could see Cleary or Kronner getting it. Most people seem to think Zetterberg will replace Lids, so im not sure on that.

I think Zeterberg

but

I wonder if they would have rotating captains like Buffalo did with Drury and Briere but Zeterberg and Datsyuk?

probably not but a thought

Datsyuk can barely speak English, and Z is not a leader figure. Cleary has proven he can lead , and Kronner is going to be our best d-man when Lids retires. Kronwall has also proved he likes to take control, when the Wings were in Sweden he took control of the situation and very happily served as the "guide".

Edited by cjm502

meech

no but really... Thats an interesting question. Firstly, I do not think Lidstrom will retire after this season (hope not). Otherwise i think Rafalski might get consideration, though i would be against it. Otherwise it'd be Z.

Datsyuk can barely speak English, and Z is not a leader figure. Cleary has proven he can lead , and Kronner is going to be our best d-man when Lids retires. Kronwall has also proved he likes to take control, when the Wings were in Sweden he took control of the situation and very happily served as the "guide".

His twelve year contract and press conference afterward speaks otherwise.

You people are completely insane to think anyone but Zetterberg will be the bonafide leader of this team when Lids retires.

It was my understanding that Zetterberg has been captain-elect for a couple years now...

Zetterburg, was at least my understanding as well, for the next Captain. As for people to wear the "A", can we not have three if we want? (With Dats, Z, and Draper now?) If so, I'd say Dats, Cleary, and Kronwall...but I could see Franzen and/or Filpulla being rotated in.

Zetterberg has been groomed for the C for a long time now. Out of the new blood he was the first one to get an A (and he's a season younger than Datsyuk in Detroit). He's got the work ethic to inspire teammates, and he is a proven winner. I don't really think there is anyone who has been with the organization long enough to even get consideration over him, besides possibly Datsyuk, but I don't see that because of the language barrier.

My guess for A: Dats and Franzen

His twelve year contract and press conference afterward speaks otherwise.

You people are completely insane to think anyone but Zetterberg will be the bonafide leader of this team when Lids retires.

Very true. I know it will probably be Z who gets it in the end. From what I know Z is a social butterfly with the guys though, something Stevie and Lids never were. I remember watching an interview with a Wing where they said Lids is more like a coach than a teammate. But hey, are there any players left on our team that are as mature as Lidstrom anymore?

Guest Lidstromboli
We do not have any good "leader" figures on our team besides those two right now, but I could see Cleary or Kronner getting it. Most people seem to think Zetterberg will replace Lids, so im not sure on that.

hey kids, huffing Raid is bad

just say no

I don't see Franzen wearing anything. Kronwall, Cleary, Zetterberg, Filppula all are ahead of him IMO. Franzen is a beast, but I don't see him as a leader. Even if he "leads by example".

Considering how he's basically committed to being a Wing for life, one would assume that the management will reward him with a leadership role. Not to mention his work ethic, clutch performances, etc.

Hearing Zetterberg in the interviews after big wins or loses, I'd love to have him as the leader of our team. He seems very confident and is a good figure to our organization.

For the assistants, obviously Datsyuk and Franzen with his long-term contract.

C - Zetterberg

A- Datsyuk, Franzen + Filpula in rotation

On a side note though, if Z does become the captain will he be the first player drafted in the 7th round to earn captaincy??