• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

Classy Red Wings Fan...

Rate this topic

Last night at the Wings/Ducks game a fan was completely awesome and totally un-selfish,

I wanted to share the story.

I purchased the tickets I had during the first round of the $9.00 tickets sales. I knew I was not buying the best tickets there were... This game was a little different in that my 10 year old son who started watching and really liking the game last year, came with me to the game. This was his 1st.

These were the single worst I think I ever had.... Under the scoreboard row 27 next to the wall..could not see anything and my 10 year old son was looking dejected and sad....

then walking up the stairs was a guy and his fellow fan who had seemingly walked upi the wrong set of stairs, My son and I were trying to see and we had went a row or 2 down where the steps started and tried to watch the game..Any of it!

The man and his friend then asked me if I wanted to trade seats....noting that his seats probably had a better view for my boy..... he pointed them out to me and stated "He had been there" when we got to the seats he had been so gracious to trade..He was right.. My sons eyes lit up.. It made his night.. that and the fact that his fav Red Wing Rafalski scored...

I wanted to say to that fan and all the fans that have done that for others and their children.. Thank You and God Bless.... It's that kind of thing that really makes Detroit fans the BEST there is!!!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Guest Crymson
It goes to show that there "are" good people left in this world. :) SO nice of them to do it for you :)

Nonsense. Everybody sucks, and the so-called good samaritan of this particular instance will undoubtedly later show up to ask an unreasonable favor of the OP in return for his actions of yesterday.

Great Story!!! Thanks for posting that!! I gte tired of all the negative talk on here, its nice to see some good stuff going on!! I hope your son enjoyed the game! We need new young talent, I hope he gets an interest to play the game! Wings fans are the best!!

A similar thing happened to me courtesy of someone on Letsgowings. A buddy and I were planning on going to the Ducks/Wings game and we were going to buy student tickets but knew that b/c it was a Sat night we'd likely be sitting in the nosebleeds. (the seats turned out to be 218 A row 21, behind the goal, but luckily we never used them).

I was chatting with someone from here who had tickets but couldn't make it to the game and he graciously told me his seat numbers so I could sit in his seats for the game as he wasn't going to be able to use them.

Best seats I've ever had at the Joe. (lower bowl). Thanks again to my fellow Canuck!!!

014.jpg

Nonsense. Everybody sucks, and the so-called good samaritan of this particular instance will undoubtedly later show up to ask an unreasonable favor of the OP in return for his actions of yesterday.

Wow, OP.. I'm really glad your son enjoyed the ticket. It was the least I could do. It's awesome I could find out who I gave those tickets to.

By the way, I'm going to need a kidney.. and maybe a lung too. Sound good?

... sorry! I had to do it.

Last night at the Wings/Ducks game a fan was completely awesome and totally un-selfish,

I wanted to share the story.

I purchased the tickets I had during the first round of the $9.00 tickets sales. I knew I was not buying the best tickets there were... This game was a little different in that my 10 year old son who started watching and really liking the game last year, came with me to the game. This was his 1st.

These were the single worst I think I ever had.... Under the scoreboard row 27 next to the wall..could not see anything and my 10 year old son was looking dejected and sad....

then walking up the stairs was a guy and his fellow fan who had seemingly walked upi the wrong set of stairs, My son and I were trying to see and we had went a row or 2 down where the steps started and tried to watch the game..Any of it!

The man and his friend then asked me if I wanted to trade seats....noting that his seats probably had a better view for my boy..... he pointed them out to me and stated "He had been there" when we got to the seats he had been so gracious to trade..He was right.. My sons eyes lit up.. It made his night.. that and the fact that his fav Red Wing Rafalski scored...

I wanted to say to that fan and all the fans that have done that for others and their children.. Thank You and God Bless.... It's that kind of thing that really makes Detroit fans the BEST there is!!!

That just made my day. Nice to see some acts of kindness still exist the world today.

I also had a nice experience with the Wings. We buy our tickets and ask for a relocation, since my other half is in a wheelchair. Through relocating, we have made friends with a couple of the ushers, Shelley Smith and Herb Pogge.

We came in the other night and ask for Shelley's section, the top of 106. We were told no problem, but since there were going to be so many there, I might have to stand behind Terry's chair all through the game. I said okay, but deep down I had some problems with that because I have arthritis in my knees (old age, you know), and I never know when they might just desert me and I would go down.

Shelley gave me a big hug, and then I told him what they told me about standing all night. He said, "Sit down. We'll see about this standing bit." And that's where I sat all night long - no standing behind the chair.

So if you go to the Joe, go to Section 106 and say hi to Shelley. Also cruise over to section 226 and give Herb a hug. He's been relocated himself. They moved him because he now suffers from Parkinson's and they don't think he can climb steps anymore, so in 226 he doesn't have to climb stairs.