• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Freep article on Raiola

Rate this topic

Did anyone here see the Free Press article on Dominic Raiola on Sunday?

It mentioned the fact that he had been the center for 12 different QBs, which got me to thinking...which QBs have been the best in that period?

And you know what happened, which is not far off of my expectations? Charlie Batch was right at the top. Only Jon Kitna posted comparable stats to Batch over any significant playing time, and Kitna had an offensive system that was actually designed to work with him and not another quarterback.

Stafford certainly has the ability to be a top notch quarterback, and Culpepper is putting up fairly similar numbers to Batch except for his overly high interception marks, so if the team can get the offensive line in order it's possible the offense could actually score.

So, in other words... don't expect much offense for a year or two.

Did anyone here see the Free Press article on Dominic Raiola on Sunday?

It mentioned the fact that he had been the center for 12 different QBs, which got me to thinking...which QBs have been the best in that period?

And you know what happened, which is not far off of my expectations? Charlie Batch was right at the top. Only Jon Kitna posted comparable stats to Batch over any significant playing time, and Kitna had an offensive system that was actually designed to work with him and not another quarterback.

Stafford certainly has the ability to be a top notch quarterback, and Culpepper is putting up fairly similar numbers to Batch except for his overly high interception marks, so if the team can get the offensive line in order it's possible the offense could actually score.

So, in other words... don't expect much offense for a year or two.

who are the 12 qbs?

going from latest to oldest, the list i got is this.

Stafford

Culpepper

Stanton

Henson

Orlovsky

Kitna

Harrington

Batch

that is what I can think of off the top of my head. Are we going all the way back to Stoney Case? Scott Mitchell?

who are the 12 qbs?

going from latest to oldest, the list i got is this.

Stafford

Culpepper

Stanton

Henson

Orlovsky

Kitna

Harrington

Batch

that is what I can think of off the top of my head. Are we going all the way back to Stoney Case? Scott Mitchell?

I think Stoney Case was before Riola's time here. Some you have missing that I can think of are Mike McMahon, Jeff Garcia, and maybe Ty Detmer?