• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miller Brew

Chicago chants "Detroit Sucks" when Hawks play other teams?

Rate this topic

When there was like 30 seconds left in their game against the Sharks on Versus all the Hawk fans were screaming and banging on the glass like it was game 7 of the SCF triple overtime. Hawks were losing and he second the game was over it went silent. See, this is what happens what your hockey team sucks for the many years in the past. I just hate the Hawks but mainly because of their "fans."

When there was like 30 seconds left in their game against the Sharks on Versus all the Hawk fans were screaming and banging on the glass like it was game 7 of the SCF triple overtime. Hawks were losing and he second the game was over it went silent. See, this is what happens what your hockey team sucks for the many years in the past. I just hate the Hawks but mainly because of their "fans."

Yeah how dare fans get into a one goal game. Don't they know it doesn't matter?

Yeah how dare fans get into a one goal game. Don't they know it doesn't matter?

In my opinion they were screaming bloody murder. Way over- excited and my point is this is what happens when a team is s*** for so long. Even a regular season game seems like the end of the world. But hey, around here these days regular season games seem like a lot.

Guest Blackhawkdown
When there was like 30 seconds left in their game against the Sharks on Versus all the Hawk fans were screaming and banging on the glass like it was game 7 of the SCF triple overtime. Hawks were losing and he second the game was over it went silent.

What exactly should they have done differently?

What exactly should they have done differently?

Not made themselves look like morons on national T.V. The glass beating is just a WTF moment. And my point is the second the game was over the stadium went quiet. If you want to show some good fanhood to the team people should have still been cheering because both teams played a great game.

Guest Blackhawkdown
Not made themselves look like morons on national T.V. The glass beating is just a WTF moment. And my point is the second the game was over the stadium went quiet. If you want to show some good fanhood to the team people should have still been cheering because both teams played a great game.

Complaining about fans being excited and really into a one goal game with the two top teams in the conference. I have heard it all now.

You have a strange opinion on fan etiquette.

Guest zackmorris

Most people chanting it know only a world in which Detroit owns Chicago whenever a sheet of ice is laid down. We're the Wings-we've been the envy of the hockey world for 20 years. Chicago is just unlucky enough to have been our rival and division opponent for quite a few of those years and dating back even further and all we've done is exhibit our dominance and they've been left to repair their wounds.

It's not crazy to think a team that's gotten mightily s***handled by us for the past two decades at least, are a little (jealous/bitter/hateful/emo)...take your pick.

It just shows how good we are and have been. Think about it...we don't feel the need to chant about any other team sucking, much less when they're not even there. Right?

Even though you don't say it, you sound like you want fans to be on their hands and silent. This isn't church.

hahahahahahahaha

says the blackhawk fan. hehe i have seen many of results in votes for worse fans and wings fans have not really came up at all..its mostly philly,nashville...and so on. you are just as bad as the wings fans you are talking about.

In all fairness to fans the world over, what constitutes bad fans as a whole? because some individuals had a bad experience with other individuals at the oppositions barn? I lived in St. Louis for 3 years and attended a good chunk of the hawks/blues games. I had a few run ins with people heckling me and in one instance (after a blues loss) a guy passing by me just drove his shoulder into me. On the other hand some of the blues fans I sat next to would talk hockey with me throughout the game and were very personable. I could have ignored the latter and said St. Louis has horrible fans(as i would get harrassed around the building in every single game I attended), the fact of the matter is there are plenty of individuals rooting for every team in sports that are piles of dog s***. Take the trolls that came over here to rub in a loss, on the same token, there are plenty of detroit trolls that show up to the hawk board (or any given team we play for that matter, I perused the hawk board yesterday night and it was rife with shark trolls) Thats part of the reason I dont post on that board, and post on a fan run board.

People tend to judge based on their experience with a few individuals, and assume everyone must be just like them, the fact of the matter is we as fans arent that much different, there are bad and good apples in every group.

and yes, some idiots do chant detroit sucks at games with other teams. I was at the hawks bruins game last friday, and right before puck drop a guy ahead of me yelled detroit sucks, I wanted to dump my beer on his head. Personally though I dont see what the issue with the chant is if were are playing detroit, I would take it as a compliment, as I think most fans are sick of detroit being a cup favorite if not the cup favorite every goddamn season. :)

In all fairness to fans the world over, what constitutes bad fans as a whole? because some individuals had a bad experience with other individuals at the oppositions barn? I lived in St. Louis for 3 years and attended a good chunk of the hawks/blues games. I had a few run ins with people heckling me and in one instance (after a blues loss) a guy passing by me just drove his shoulder into me. On the other hand some of the blues fans I sat next to would talk hockey with me throughout the game and were very personable. I could have ignored the latter and said St. Louis has horrible fans(as i would get harrassed around the building in every single game I attended), the fact of the matter is there are plenty of individuals rooting for every team in sports that are piles of dog s***. Take the trolls that came over here to rub in a loss, on the same token, there are plenty of detroit trolls that show up to the hawk board (or any given team we play for that matter, I perused the hawk board yesterday night and it was rife with shark trolls) Thats part of the reason I dont post on that board, and post on a fan run board.

People tend to judge based on their experience with a few individuals, and assume everyone must be just like them, the fact of the matter is we as fans arent that much different, there are bad and good apples in every group.

and yes, some idiots do chant detroit sucks at games with other teams. I was at the hawks bruins game last friday, and right before puck drop a guy ahead of me yelled detroit sucks, I wanted to dump my beer on his head. Personally though I dont see what the issue with the chant is if were are playing detroit, I would take it as a compliment, as I think most fans are sick of detroit being a cup favorite if not the cup favorite every goddamn season. :)

At least Chicago has some good fans. Columbus, on the other hand, nobody there seems to know what the hell's going on.

Guest Blackhawkdown

I dont like the fact that they chant Detroit Sucks either, but nothing I can do about it. It is stupid but if I were a Red Wings fan I would just take it as a sign of respect and be done with it, because thats basically what it is.

I dont like the fact that they chant Detroit Sucks either, but nothing I can do about it. It is stupid but if I were a Red Wings fan I would just take it as a sign of respect and be done with it, because thats basically what it is.

^ This.

The same thing.

I'm not going to start a focus group on millions of different scenarios of why some fan bases might be better/worse than others.

Every fan base will have their share of morons, Chicago and Detroit included.

As long as people aren't disrespectful to others, cheer and be a fan all you want. Saying somebody sucks as a chant is far from being disrespectful, they could say much much worse.

Agree. I almost think it would be a good thing for the Red Wings, when you play the Blackhawks that should motivate you to go out and win the game. Show who really sucks.