• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miller Brew

Chicago chants "Detroit Sucks" when Hawks play other teams?

Rate this topic

lol @ everyone taking this seriously

They're just goofy chants in light of the rivalries throughout the league. I always just considered them a part of their tradition just like any other chant. But leave it to people on this board to get butthurt over it. :rolleyes:

Who's upset about this? Amusement is not hurt...

Actually it has nothing to do with the fact that red wings have been better than the hawks over the last 15 years. The chant started out as "Dino Sucks" after Dino Ciccarelli had a controversial hit on a Blackhawk and changed to detroit Sucks after he left in 96 I believe it was. The chant is detroit Sucks not Red Wings suck. Any knowledgeable fan knows they don't suck. It also has alot to do with, since Chicago was terrible for the latter part of the 90s and 2000s, detroiters would dominate the United Center and believe me, your fans are absolutely the most obnoxious fans Ive ever witnessed in any sport. That is why Hawk fans felt the need to chant detroit sucks.

Chicago is "Little detroit"? The ridiculousness of that comment is overwhelming. This is precisely why Chicago hates detroit. You actually think your city can hold a candle to Chicago.

"Frankly, I think "Detroit Sucks" is horribly and tragically unoriginal and therefore, boring." What do you suppose could be a more creative chant? Its a chant, it has to be short and sweet. I think it gets the job done.

"Chicago fans are no doubt the worst fans in the league." Coming from a detroit fan, that doesn't mean much considering the rest of the country knows your fans are the worst next to NY and Boston.

hahahahahahahaha

says the blackhawk fan. hehe i have seen many of results in votes for worse fans and wings fans have not really came up at all..its mostly philly,nashville...and so on. you are just as bad as the wings fans you are talking about.

"Frankly, I think "Detroit Sucks" is horribly and tragically unoriginal and therefore, boring." What do you suppose could be a more creative chant? Its a chant, it has to be short and sweet. I think it gets the job done.

One, learn to use the quote feature. Two, as a native Chicagoan, you're embarrassing me and therefore yourself. Three, "_____ Sucks" is boring, overdone and used by everyone, all the time, everywhere. It's not even effective at pissing anyone off. Whenever I hear it, I start laughing.

Edited by Electrophile

One, learn to use the quote feature. Two, as a native Chicagoan, you're embarrassing me and therefore yourself. Three, "_____ Sucks" is boring, overdone and used by everyone, all the time, everywhere. It's not even effective at pissing anyone off. Whenever I hear it, I start laughing.

Over done and used by everyone, but originating in Chicago. Defending my city is not embarassing. So since it makes you laugh, that makes it useless?

Actually it has nothing to do with the fact that red wings have been better than the hawks over the last 15 years. The chant started out as "Dino Sucks" after Dino Ciccarelli had a controversial hit on a Blackhawk and changed to detroit Sucks after he left in 96 I believe it was. The chant is detroit Sucks not Red Wings suck. Any knowledgeable fan knows they don't suck. It also has alot to do with, since Chicago was terrible for the latter part of the 90s and 2000s, detroiters would dominate the United Center and believe me, your fans are absolutely the most obnoxious fans Ive ever witnessed in any sport. That is why Hawk fans felt the need to chant detroit sucks.

Chicago is "Little detroit"? The ridiculousness of that comment is overwhelming. This is precisely why Chicago hates detroit. You actually think your city can hold a candle to Chicago.

"Chicago fans are no doubt the worst fans in the league." Coming from a detroit fan, that doesn't mean much considering the rest of the country knows your fans are the worst next to NY and Boston.

:lol:

You sir, are an idiot.

Over done and used by everyone, but originating in Chicago. Defending my city is not embarassing. So since it makes you laugh, that makes it useless?

Yes.

You don't get it, you don't want to get it, therefore nothing anyone here says will allow you to get it. BTW, you're not defending your city. I'm from Chicago, dear. I went to a s***-ton of Hawks/Wings games in my life, both at the old Chicago Stadium and then at the United Center. There are some real ******* Hawks fans and I had the displeasure of sitting near them. That said, there's assholes in every fan base. It's not like anyone is saying Wings fans are little angels who never do anything wrong.

What's the point of arguing with you when have such misguided views on our fanbase? You obviously came here to start a flame war for no apparent reason other than to try and rile up some people. Sorry that we are laughing at you instead of arguing with you. To say everyone knows our fanbase is the worst is just a joke.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61642

I would also like some credible links proving that the whole country knows we are the worst fans.

It's pretty much a law of nature that the most obnoxious fans are the ones who are recently successful after sucking for a while <cough>Pens<cough>Hawks. Wings fans were probably in this group in the 90s (it's sort of hard to tell from the inside), but now "complacent" is probably a more accurate description.

yeah cause you have hossa now right? hows that working out for ya? get back with me next season.

Well, theyre 12-5-2 without him. So when he returns, good lord. I can't wait for him to play on a line centered by Dave Bolland. You saw how good Havlat was with Bolland, now look at poor Marty, 1 goal thus far.

Edit: Hossa expected to make his debut on the upcoming circus road trip.

Edited by pat_honda

Well, theyre 12-5-2 without him. So when he returns, good lord. I can't wait for him to play on a line centered by Dave Bolland. You saw how good Havlat was with Bolland, now look at poor Marty, 1 goal thus far.

we shall see how your goaltending holds up, gotta have that to win the cup

we shall see how your goaltending holds up, gotta have that to win the cup

Huet has been pretty good enough so far. 9-4-1, 2.25 GAA, 90.2 Save %. With the Hawks offense, I'm not saying they don't need great goaltending, that will certainly take at least a little bit of the load off the goaltending.

Huet has been pretty good enough so far. 9-4-1, 2.25 GAA, 90.2 Save %. With the Hawks offense, I'm not saying they don't need great goaltending, that will certainly take at least a little bit of the load off the goaltending.

he's been good but how much playoff experience does he have if i remember correctly bulin played for you guys for most of the playoffs, that rookie goalie Niemi looks good, but the playoffs are a whole different story. Only time will tell

Edit: Hossa expected to make his debut on the upcoming circus road trip.

so whos going to stay and go after this season..cause you know its coming.