• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Report: Toews, Kane and Keith close to extensions

Rate this topic

Because that's what his lawyers told him to say.

Because he was guilty. If he wasn't, his lawyer would've fought the allegations to 100% clear his name of any wrongdoing. How is this so difficult to understand?

The fact that he plead guilty says everything we need to know about his innocence in this case.

Because he was guilty. If he wasn't, his lawyer would've fought the allegations to 100% clear his name of any wrongdoing.

How is this so difficult to understand?

I don't know the details of the case, but I thought he WAS cleared of all wrongdoing...hence the reason he wasn't sentenced or fined. Or was he? I didn't really follow the story any more than what was posted here.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

Remember they cant do any extensions that put them over the this years salary cap next year. So if they sign all 3 to more than 13 million Dollars the league will not approve atleast one. But the league seems to be on the look out for these cap beating contracts now. I really doubt the Chicago will resign all 3, and if the wings get the chance they should try to steal Keith.

In Opie's defense, the Blackhawks have $21.7 million locked up in 8 forwards, $16 million locked up in 4 forwards and $5.625 locked up in Huet. That takes up $43.391 million, which leaves $13.4 million remaining next year *given that the cap doesn't go down.* and the need for 5 more forwards, 3 more defensemen and another goalie (9 total players).

If those three were to take up the remaining space the average cap hit for each of them would only be $4.46 million (which is simply too light for players of that calibre).

Now lets just say it does happen and they sign for the remainder, that would mean they'd still need to 3 more forwards, 2 more defenseman and a goalie (6 total players) while they have zero cash to spend. No one is foolish enough to take Campbell's ridiculous contract off Chicago's hands and the same goes for Huet.

Opie is correct, major moves need to happen in order for them to sign all three.

Got to agree. Simply pulling from NHLnumbers shows them right now at 13 players signed for $43.2 million. Even flat-out splitting the rest between Kane, Toews and Keith, they're underpaying each and still need 6 guys. Someone simply has to move, and it will likely be a big contract- one of the above three, Huet, Sharp or Byfuglien. Even that makes them in a deep hole- letting Huet go does the most, and it would still be only 5.6 million to sign 5 skaters and now 2 goalies.

Remember they cant do any extensions that put them over the this years salary cap next year. So if they sign all 3 to more than 13 million Dollars the league will not approve atleast one. But the league seems to be on the look out for these cap beating contracts now. I really doubt the Chicago will resign all 3, and if the wings get the chance they should try to steal Keith.

The extensions would not kick in until next year. In no way would they count against this year. The rule that you are referring to is more toward the opposite of what you are thinking. You cannot put in place a contract this year that will make you noncompliant in future years.

I'm from Buffalo, and live in Buffalo (havent changed location back from Rochester since graduation) but:

On the news the cabbie stated all he wanted was an apology, which we don't know but I think is code for I got some of that NHL 10 cover art money and lets call it a day.

Reports in the local paper said that somebody, didn't specify who got physical with the cabbie. But when they were arrested Patrick Kane continuously pointed at the cabbie referring to him as "that scumbag", while his cousin insisted that the police were about to arrest Patrick Kane. "The Face of Buffalo."

Regardless of the details, he and his cousin were obviously very drunk, and are clearly big assholes.

Edited by russianswede919293

Guest CaliWingsNut
I'm from Buffalo, and live in Buffalo (havent changed location back from Rochester since graduation) but:

On the news the cabbie stated all he wanted was an apology, which we don't know but I think is code for I got some of that NHL 10 cover art money and lets call it a day.

Reports in the local paper said that somebody, didn't specify who got physical with the cabbie. But when they were arrested Patrick Kane continuously pointed at the cabbie referring to him as "that scumbag", while his cousin insisted that the police were about to arrest Patrick Kane. "The Face of Buffalo."

Regardless of the details, he and his cousin were obviously very drunk, and are clearly big assholes.

I agreed with your post until I read the part in bold.

I'm not saying he's a saint, but he got into an altercation while drunk. That doesn't make someone an *******. Drinking changes people; drunks love to fight. You could call him an idiot for drinking, but I'd reserve that for someone w/ a few more years experience (at life or drinking).

You're making it sound like they're giving away their players for nothing.

They're going to have to. These contracts will probably put them between 5 and 7 mill over the cap for next season (and that's with only 16 players signed). Their number 3 (Campbell) defenseman is getting paid more than 7 mill a year through 2016, their number 2 defenseman (Seabrook) is an RFA and due a big raise after next season. They may not be giving away their players for nothing, but the players that are going to back up their top line and defensive pairing will be playing for peanuts. They'll be lucky to get draft picks for some of the crappy contracts they're going to have to unload.

Edited by CMICHdave

Guest CaliWingsNut

from poster above's link....

The Blackhawks and three of their young star players have agreed to long-term extensions.

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane each will sign five-year deals worth $6 million annually, according several published reports, including the Tribune. Duncan Keith will sign a 13-year deal, according to TSN, for less money annually.

In Opie's defense, the Blackhawks have $21.7 million locked up in 8 forwards, $16 million locked up in 4 forwards and $5.625 locked up in Huet. That takes up $43.391 million, which leaves $13.4 million remaining next year *given that the cap doesn't go down.* and the need for 5 more forwards, 3 more defensemen and another goalie (9 total players).

If those three were to take up the remaining space the average cap hit for each of them would only be $4.46 million (which is simply too light for players of that calibre).

Now lets just say it does happen and they sign for the remainder, that would mean they'd still need to 3 more forwards, 2 more defenseman and a goalie (6 total players) while they have zero cash to spend. No one is foolish enough to take Campbell's ridiculous contract off Chicago's hands and the same goes for Huet.

Opie is correct, major moves need to happen in order for them to sign all three.

Thank you!

So Kane and Toews took the remainder of the cap, so how do they make it work now?

Thank you!

So Kane and Toews took the remainder of the cap, so how do they make it work now?

I had honestly thought they might be smart and let Kane go (and still be able to afford some nice depth)... I consider this good news for the Wings future in the Central.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Thank you!

The current TSN news article about this sounds strikingly simular... he puts them at ~61million currently for next year.

Wow, they actually signed em....

Lame

There was never really any doubt they could sign all three, it was just a question of if they could sign them all and still field a competitive team next year. Looks like Chicago did not get the huge discounts some had predicted, but they are very fair deals, nonetheless (at $6 or slightly under).

Not a good day if you're a Chicago Blackhawk fan. I wonder who they're going to push in the firesale? Hossa, Sharp, Buf, Versteeg and Bolland.

The one line wonder in chi-town :D Good news for Red Wings fans Chicago was almost becoming a threat.