Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

#22 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Holy double post!

Edited by Doc Holiday, 20 November 2009 - 02:27 AM.

#23 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Holy triple post!

Edited by Doc Holiday, 20 November 2009 - 02:26 AM.

#24 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 20, 2009 - 02:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, that's AWESOME laugh.gif

*rightclicksave*
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

Anyone see that video on Red Wings TV? "My Life" (1993) and "My Sister's Keeper" (2009) made Brad May cry. Seriously, good for him.

#26 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 20, 2009 - 02:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! Thanks Doc! thumbup.gif

#27 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:00 AM

so i'll ask again...are they good friends or something....am i missing something?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#28 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (TheWestWing @ November 19, 2009 - 06:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're ******* in the sense they fight for no reason. THIS is why fighting should be banned. Go watch Pacqi and Cotto if you want to see a fight. If it serves a 'purpose', then fine. Otherwise the NHL might as well be run by Coach - all fighting and no Euros.

Now I know you're just trolling here, but I'll entertain your post anyway.

I've heard lots of people be called ******* for lots of different reasons, but exactly how are either May or Barch "*******" for what they did here - I'm not familiar with the word being used to describe "one who fights with insufficient cause durring a hockey game. If that were the definition of being a *****, than certainly Bob Probert and Joey Kocur and Darren McCarty and Brendan Shanahan and Chris Osgood are *******. There really isn't anything ***** about inviting large,strong, professional atheletes to try their best to knock you out. Regardless of why you do it (in this case, it appears as if they fought for fun, and the crowd certainly seemed to enjoy it as well), that can't really be called "*****".

Edited by micah, 20 November 2009 - 09:52 AM.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#29 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

Fights in hockey don't really ever happen for "no"reason. Fighters must fight to be effective. You are not a credible enforcer if you do not demonstrate the willingnes and ability to fight. similarily, it is very hard to be the best scrapper you can without actually fighting. hitting the heavey bag is not enough to make one a good hockey fighter. Most people have to fight and fight alot to get good at it and to stay good at it.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#30 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ November 20, 2009 - 09:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i'll ask again...are they good friends or something....am i missing something?

They were saying during the game that they'd had a history of fighting each other in the past - and apparently were nominated for 'feud of the year'. Barch wound up calling May (I think?) and trying to swamp the polls so they'd win laugh.gif

#31 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Krystal @ November 20, 2009 - 11:34AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were saying during the game that they'd had a history of fighting each other in the past - and apparently were nominated for 'feud of the year'. Barch wound up calling May (I think?) and trying to swamp the polls so they'd win laugh.gif

Plus they talked about it before a game and later on after they fought Brad yells out something to the effect of "WE'RE #1 BABY!"

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."