"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#22 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

Still an attention-starved prima donna.

Get over it Sergei. You wouldn't have won anything without the Red Wings.

EDIT: Sergei couldn't hold Stevie's jock as a player or especially as a human being.

Edited by GoWings1905, 19 November 2009 - 06:08 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#23 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 19, 2009 - 04:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, anyone still curious if Feds will get his number retired in Detroit?

Why wouldn't they retire one of their best forwards ever? It's like asking if Pittsburgh will ever retire Jagr's number. It will happen. Just give it time.

#24 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Reilly @ November 19, 2009 - 06:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why wouldn't they retire one of their best forwards ever? It's like asking if Pittsburgh will ever retire Jagr's number. It will happen. Just give it time.

Don't hold your breath. Mr. Ilitch isn't going to send 91 to the JLA rafters.

#25 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (GoWings1905 @ November 19, 2009 - 07:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't hold your breath. Mr. Ilitch isn't going to send 91 to the JLA rafters.

You don't think he'll want another Hall-of-Fame Red Wings player in Toronto and on that ceiling of Joe Louis Arena?

#26 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Reilly @ November 19, 2009 - 06:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't think he'll want another Hall-of-Fame Red Wings player in Toronto and on that ceiling of Joe Louis Arena?

Then he has to send up Shanny and Chelios by that logic.

#27 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

I can understand Fedorov's position, as it clearly was the Red Wings holding him back all these years, and if you look over his career in the NHL, those years in Detroit really stick out like a sore thumb and are an ugly blight on his record.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#28 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (malelion55 @ November 19, 2009 - 05:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
goal.gif and the Joe sold 3.000 more tickets each night when she was sitting up in the owner's box...so Fedorov had the best looking girlfriend in Detroits history and he is very handsome himself...so that was why everyone was jealous of him...especially Steve Yzerman....Fedorov was also ten times a better player than Yzerman...sad situation was that Fed had to live in Yzerman's shadow because he is Russian goal.gif

You're kidding, right? I'm pretty sure there was like a 7 year waiting list for season tickets at that time. Wait, I know there was a 7 year waiting list because a friend inquired about season tickets and waited until 2004 when he finally had the chance to purchase them. Give me a break, 3,000 people weren't going to see Anna. This is the NHL, not the god damn NBA where people go to see movie stars and supermodels instead of the game.

#29 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Reilly @ November 19, 2009 - 06:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you see Red Kelly up in those rafters? He would go up there long before Feds, which appears to be never.

works every time

#30 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Reilly @ November 19, 2009 - 05:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
38 former Red Wings players are currently in the Hall of Fame. If that's your only criteria for number retirement, then we're going to have to start using punctuation marks before too long. 38 HOF'ers, and only 6 of them have a retired number.

To me, Yzerman and Lidstrom have set the current standard for jersey retirement. When you compare Yzerman's and Lidstrom's contributions against Fedorov's, then Sergei doesn't measure up. (And I'm not talking just about stats and awards won).

If the current standard is those heart and soul, bleed Red Wings Red, exemplary career spent entirely wearing the Winged Wheel, while winning the hearts and minds of the fans. Then no, Fedorov does not meet the standard. Many of the fans still would boo Fedorov when he came back to the Joe. Do you really think Ilitch wants to retire the number of a guy who got booed on a regular occasion after he left?

The guy compared leaving Detroit to when he defected from the Soviet Union, for crying out loud. Even if that was all taken out of context, it still leaves a sour taste in many people's mouth. Put all these reasons together, mix in his holdout in '98, sprinkle a little of this article on top, bake at 350 degrees and it all adds up to 91's absence in the rafters, if you ask me.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#31 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks Sergei... I almost forgot what a douchebag you can be sometimes...

#32 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (malelion55 @ November 19, 2009 - 04:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so that was why everyone was jealous of him...especially Steve Yzerman....Fedorov was also ten times a better player than Yzerman...

There's more FAIL in this post than one person can post.
*this space for rent*

#33 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (kook_10 @ November 19, 2009 - 06:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you see Red Kelly up in those rafters? He would go up there long before Feds, which appears to be never.

Red Kelly was twice the player for Detroit than Fedorov was (and I have little problem with retiring Fedorov's number, in reality... despite his prima-donna attitude at times).

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

Wow, I really think Feds was upset, eh? This hurts Feds, this hurts. What's next, does he call this place De-Toilet? Nothing like stabbing yours fans to death!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

So...where's the link to this article? I thought posting a link was a prerequisite for posting quotes for an opening thread?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

Nicely done, Sergei.

Maybe the Blue Jackets can retire your number instead.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#37 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Reilly @ November 19, 2009 - 06:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the same ass-backwards logic that got Bourque's number retired in Colorado.

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ November 19, 2009 - 09:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So...where's the link to this article? I thought posting a link was a prerequisite for posting quotes for an opening thread?

http://www.freep.com...gs-were-jealous

I guess I had forgotten what a strange need for attention Sergei has.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Jedi @ November 19, 2009 - 06:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
38 former Red Wings players are currently in the Hall of Fame. If that's your only criteria for number retirement, then we're going to have to start using punctuation marks before too long. 38 HOF'ers, and only 6 of them have a retired number.

To me, Yzerman and Lidstrom have set the current standard for jersey retirement. When you compare Yzerman's and Lidstrom's contributions against Fedorov's, then Sergei doesn't measure up. (And I'm not talking just about stats and awards won).

If the current standard is those heart and soul, bleed Red Wings Red, exemplary career spent entirely wearing the Winged Wheel, while winning the hearts and minds of the fans. Then no, Fedorov does not meet the standard. Many of the fans still would boo Fedorov when he came back to the Joe. Do you really think Ilitch wants to retire the number of a guy who got booed on a regular occasion after he left?

The guy compared leaving Detroit to when he defected from the Soviet Union, for crying out loud. Even if that was all taken out of context, it still leaves a sour taste in many people's mouth. Put all these reasons together, mix in his holdout in '98, sprinkle a little of this article on top, bake at 350 degrees and it all adds up to 91's absence in the rafters, if you ask me.

Yeah out of the current players Lids is the only for sure and if Z and Dats win 2 more cups then they could be put in the rafters. Feds has no chance, stats and talent wise no argument but his attitude and baggage are what keeps him out.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#40 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

wow who would have guessed...give me a break..feds i love you man but get a life bro.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY