• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Eternal_Probert

GR roster moves

Rate this topic

Sebastian Piche has been sent down to Toledo, I don't know much about this kid, but am excited to see him play. Anybody have anything on this youngster on the point?

I like him, you will like him. Plays physical, stands up for his teammates. I'm actually disappointed he's been sent down.

I like him, you will like him. Plays physical, stands up for his teammates. I'm actually disappointed he's been sent down.

Do the Wings have any prospects you don't like? Actually I can't really say that I dislike any of their prospects. More like, I don't really expect much if anything at all from certain prospects or have any kind of hope whatsoever for them to make it to the NHL.

Do the Wings have any prospects you don't like? Actually I can't really say that I dislike any of their prospects. More like, I don't really expect much if anything at all from certain prospects or have any kind of hope whatsoever for them to make it to the NHL.

:lol: Actually there are a few I don't like, well, don't have great expectations for. I mean it's all relative, a guy like Piche isn't going to be a top pairing defenceman in the NHL, or top 2 pairing, heck he might not even make he NHL. But as a free agent signing and a guy who's probably considered a long shot, I like him.

I've never been high on Emmerton although lately he's been turning it on and I've seen his skill and amazing ability to read the play. Don't rate Brendan Smith, don't rate Andersson as highly as some as I doubt his offensive potential, and then who else is there that I'm not supposed to rate? Jordan Pearce, there's another.

Other than one mistake against Chicago when he pinched in along the boards which set Chicago up for an odd man rush the other way, he was very good. He plays physical, he makes crisp passes, he'll be a good player down the track Piche.

I've been watching Pearce a lot this season, he's bad. they score on his 5 hole all day, one game i counted three easy saves because of the gap in his legs.

Pearce had decent-to-good regular season numbers on a Notre Dame team that usually plays a sound defensive game, but he was simply not a "big game" goalie. I follow college hockey religiously (though Notre Dame is not my team), and I can think of one NCAA tournament game where he was any better than mediocre and didn't have to rely on the other team's goalie to out-sieve him.

Case in point, the Irish were ranked among the Top 3 in the country for most of last season, and were expected to roll over a small, unranked school from northern Minnesota called Bemidji State in the first round of the tournament. Pearce gave up four goals in 18 shots and ND lost 5-1 as BSU's goalie put on a clinic all weekend and wound up making his underdog team the Cinderella story of the Frozen Four in Washington D.C.

So overall, I can't say that I'm surprised to hear that he is struggling in pro hockey, as I had low expectations for him when I heard that the Wings signed him.