• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/21 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Canadiens 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

With Kronwall now out you gotta think Ericsson is gonna be given a bigger role which scares me a little. I mean he is great, and has amazing potential but he isn't the brightest. He always throws it in-front of the net without looking (although recently it seems addressed) and many times just seems confused playing defense. I hope he is given more attention too this upcoming month, and try to improve (all be it) impressive play. Other then that I want Lebda out and Meech in. I have always hated Leech, yet I thought he played pretty good this year. Also put Janik in, then send Lebda down and if he is claimed thank the hockey lords.

edit: spelling

Edited by Superman54

Mike Babcock is a brilliant man.

He is, but I wouldn't exactly call exhibition game play the best evidence.

At the end of the day, whether or not Laraque genuinely intended the hit or not dosen't change the fact that ultimately he is expendible and Kronwall is notibly less so. Even if for the sake of argument May WAS in the lineup and punished Laraque in whatever way for the hit, so what? No Habs fan is going to be nervously wringing their hands because he gets a five minute major/suspended for a handful of games. If it was Mike Cammileri or someone like that who made the hit it might be a different story, as is whether or not there was an enforcer on the ice does nothing to change the fact that Kronwall being out for up to two months has a bigger negative impact on us than Laraque being out for maybe 3-5 on the Habs.

You're going to want a tough guy or two on the team just to provide some fight-fueled energy for your team if need be, but this idea that Laraque wouldn't take up an opportunity to take out a player far more valuable than himself - and give his entire team a net advantage in the process - just because he might get a few punches later in the game and get suspended for a fraction of the time Kronwall is injured is absurd. If I was a 4th-line grinder on the Wings last finals and I had a chance to take Malkin out for the rest of the playoffs, you bet your ass I'd be taking the risk of enforcer retribution. Beat me up and suspend me a few games for all I care, my team would be laughing all the way to the Cup presentation in the meantime.

Edited by Cern

He is, but I wouldn't exactly call exhibition game play the best evidence.

At the end of the day, whether or not Laraque genuinely intended the hit or not dosen't change the fact that ultimately he is expendible and Kronwall is notibly less so. Even if for the sake of argument May WAS in the lineup and punished Laraque in whatever way for the hit, so what? No Habs fan is going to be nervously wringing their hands because he gets a five minute major/suspended for a handful of games. If it was Mike Cammileri or someone like that who made the hit it might be a different story, as is whether or not there was an enforcer on the ice does nothing to change the fact that Kronwall being out for up to two months has a bigger negative impact on us than Laraque being out for maybe 3-5 on the Habs.

You're going to want a tough guy or two on the team just to provide some fight-fueled energy for your team if need be, but this idea that Laraque wouldn't take up an opportunity to take out a player far more valuable than himself - and give his entire team a net advantage in the process - just because he might get a few punches later in the game and get suspended for a fraction of the time Kronwall is injured is absurd. If I was a 4th-line grinder on the Wings last finals and I had a chance to take Malkin out for the rest of the playoffs, you bet your ass I'd be taking the risk of enforcer retribution. Beat me up and suspend me a few games for all I care, my team would be laughing all the way to the Cup presentation in the meantime.

exactly!

Having an enforcer would not have mattered.

I honestly don't think that Laroque intended to injure Kronwall and even if he did, I doubt that a potential fight with May would have detered him.