• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Blackhawks vs. Oilers

Rate this topic

Ugh.... i HATE that the hawks are playing so well... they shouldnt be this good. On paper they ARENT this good... yet somehow they are playing this good.

Hopefully hossa's return ruins their chemistry.... i can dream can't i?

I'm watching the Sharks/Ducks game and the Sharks announcers just said they're taking to Stevie at intermission!

This makes up for an otherwise extremely dull game!

sounds like the Chicago game was kind of insane?

Ugh.... i HATE that the hawks are playing so well... they shouldnt be this good. On paper they ARENT this good...

Really?

I mean, I realize that a lot of Wings fans probably hate the Hawks, but when you have guys like Toews, Kane, Versteeg, Sharp, Kieth, Seabrook, Madden, and then add Hossa to the mix, you have a great team. Huet and Campbell are the weakest links I can see on the team.

Hell, even Kopecky is playing very well (compared to how he played for the Wings) for them.

Hawks are easily a Cup contender with all the talent they have.

Really?

I mean, I realize that a lot of Wings fans probably hate the Hawks, but when you have guys like Toews, Kane, Versteeg, Sharp, Kieth, Seabrook, Madden, and then add Hossa to the mix, you have a great team. Huet and Campbell are the weakest links I can see on the team.

Hell, even Kopecky is playing very well (compared to how he played for the Wings) for them.

Hawks are easily a Cup contender with all the talent they have.

First of all... Kopecky is NOT playing well... at all. He has 3 points in 20 games (before tonights game) and is a -6. Not to mention the amount they are paying him for this production. He is playing worse than he did on the wings, which is saying a LOT. Good riddance.

I already noted that the hawks are playing well without hossa... but still, I am not convinced they are as good of a team as people are saying (though as i already mentioned, they ARE playing well at the moment). So when he returns, all bets are off.

Their defense is essentially the same as it was last year, but with far weaker goaltending. Their young forwards are maturing, but for as good as Kane is getting offensely, it almost seems he is getting worse defensively. Also, the Hawks have one of the most lackluster special teams game in the league. They box up and stay stationary, an outdated approach to the PP or PK.

I predict this will be a very streaky team all season, currently they are on a hot streak, but I don't see it continuing on a consistent basis. Maybe I'm just jealous/biased, but that's just my take on it.

First of all... Kopecky is NOT playing well... at all. He has 3 points in 20 games (before tonights game) and is a -6. Not to mention the amount they are paying him for this production. He is playing worse than he did on the wings, which is saying a LOT. Good riddance.

I already noted that the hawks are playing well without hossa... but still, I am not convinced they are as good of a team as people are saying (though as i already mentioned, they ARE playing well at the moment). So when he returns, all bets are off.

Their defense is essentially the same as it was last year, but with far weaker goaltending. Their young forwards are maturing, but for as good as Kane is getting offensely, it almost seems he is getting worse defensively. Also, the Hawks have one of the most lackluster special teams game in the league. They box up and stay stationary, an outdated approach to the PP or PK.

I predict this will be a very streaky team all season, currently they are on a hot streak, but I don't see it continuing on a consistent basis. Maybe I'm just jealous/biased, but that's just my take on it.

Kopecky being wothless is the only right thing you said here, I know you dont want to speak well about another team but come on. Hawks are number 1 in GA, shots against, and penalty kill. Have you watched a hawks game kane is playing a hell of a lot better on D, he is a plus 7 so he is doing something right. How would Hossa hurt this team, he is as good on O as he is on D, so we get a better scorer and responible player in the lineup, wow see the losing streak coming. Imsure I will be bashed for coming and talking about the hawks on a wing board but i like good hockey no matter what team is invovled and both teams are playing well now. I will always be a hawks fan first but i sat and watched all 4 of those cups wins in awe of the teams you put on the ice. So just because you dont like the hawks don't go throwing just bad statements about a team without a little research

Kopecky being wothless is the only right thing you said here, I know you dont want to speak well about another team but come on. Hawks are number 1 in GA, shots against, and penalty kill. Have you watched a hawks game kane is playing a hell of a lot better on D, he is a plus 7 so he is doing something right. How would Hossa hurt this team, he is as good on O as he is on D, so we get a better scorer and responible player in the lineup, wow see the losing streak coming. Imsure I will be bashed for coming and talking about the hawks on a wing board but i like good hockey no matter what team is invovled and both teams are playing well now. I will always be a hawks fan first but i sat and watched all 4 of those cups wins in awe of the teams you put on the ice. So just because you dont like the hawks don't go throwing just bad statements about a team without a little research

Dude, trust us, we know how Hossa can f*** up a team's chemistry. And we wrote the book on hating Kopey.

Welcome aboard!

Hawks are playing good hockey but they only have 2 more points than a injured AHL/Detroit Red Wings team. That's not saying much for the Hawks since the Wings (Griffins) are toe-2-toe with the hyped Hawks. Adding Hossa is going to help the team, but I also think it's going to crush their chemistry. Too many "stars/ego" on a team isn't always a good thing... so it could be a negative impact. It's yet to be seen.

So far the Hawks seem like the Sharks Jr. in the aspect of 'over-hyped' only to be complete failure when it truly matters. I don't think Hawks are cup contenders. Especially if the Red Wings get healthy by playoffs, the Wings will expose them like they did last year.

edit-

Oops, Hawks got an extra 2 points against the weak Oilers team tonight.

Btw, Wings got 3 out of a possible 4 points in back-to-back games. Not too shabby! :D

(I doubt Hawks beat the Nucks tomorrow... and DON'T get any back-2-back points, just my prediction)

I'm yet to be impressed by the Hawks.

Edited by Miller Brew

Lol. wow.

I never said Hossa would hurt the hawks... what an absurd assertion. My words were "Hopefully hossa's return ruins their chemistry.... i can dream can't i? ". If you cannot translate the inflection in that statement then, well... good luck in life and beyond.

Also, missing from my rant about the hawks was the fact that Quenville is their coach.

Hawks are playing good hockey but they only have 2 more points than a injured AHL/Detroit Red Wings team. That's not saying much for the Hawks since the Wings (Griffins) are toe-2-toe with the hyped Hawks. Adding Hossa is going to help the team, but I also think it's going to crush their chemistry. Too many "stars/ego" on a team isn't always a good thing... so it could be a negative impact. It's yet to be seen.

So far the Hawks seem like the Sharks Jr. in the aspect of 'over-hyped' only to be complete failure when it truly matters. I don't think Hawks are cup contenders. Especially if the Red Wings get healthy by playoffs, the Wings will expose them like they did last year.

edit-

Oops, Hawks got an extra 2 points against the weak Oilers team tonight.

Btw, Wings got 3 out of a possible 4 points in back-to-back games. Not too shabby! :D

(I doubt Hawks beat the Nucks tomorrow... and DON'T get any back-2-back points, just my prediction)

I'm yet to be impressed by the Hawks.

So you predict they won't get any back-to-back points when they already won their first back-to-back game? You even edited to say they won against Edmonton tonight...so your prediction is already wrong. :huh:

So you predict they won't get any back-to-back points when they already won their first back-to-back game? You even edited to say they won against Edmonton tonight...so your prediction is already wrong. :huh:

:huh: I'm confused. How is my prediction already wrong when Chicago and Nucks don't even play til 10pm tonight? Little pre-mature to say my prediction is wrong when the Nucks/hawks haven't even played yet...

ZIQ220_Last_Step_1961.jpg

Edited by Miller Brew

Guest Blackhawkdown

Good call.

Good call.

You're team won back-to-back against a couple of bottom feeders and already rallying for a cup parade? Nice.

I'll eat crow for predicting a win for a bottom feeding team if you are sure to come back to eat crow when Chicago get's knocked out of the playoffs.

1961 :D

You're team won back-to-back against a couple of bottom feeders and already rallying for a cup parade? Nice.

I'll eat crow for predicting a win for a bottom feeding team if you are sure to come back to eat crow when Chicago get's knocked out of the playoffs.

1961 :D

He said "Good Call" i didnt see him rolling out any red carpet. Man some of you guys get real salty at the hawks success, i was always able to give credit to the wings where its due.

He said "Good Call" i didnt see him rolling out any red carpet. Man some of you guys get real salty at the hawks success, i was always able to give credit to the wings where its due.

Had the Hawk lost, the 'blackhawkdown' troll wouldn't have come over to the red wings forum to bump a thread that was fizzled out on page 2. I stated above, I'll eat crow for Hawks winning back-to-back against bottom feeders. But I expect that poster to be on LGW's after Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs. I doubt he'll show face when they lose.

Coming to a Wings forum to bump a thread on pg 2 seems desperate, hence this Hawks' fan is already planning the parade party. I don't sniff around opposition boards, so I can't understand why they hang out.

Hell, maybe blackhawks don't even have a forum, it's been like 50 years since they won anything. Maybe Bettman should award you guys with a message forum since you won back-to-back games against bottom feeders.

Get.r.done.bettman. Give these Hawkies their own, personal message forum. They won a game and deserve it now.

Edit: 50 years since hawks won anything, not 40 years.

Edited by Miller Brew