• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Kronwall out 4-8 weeks with sprained MCL

Rate this topic

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/11/re...s_kronwall.html

Kronwall, 29, suffered what Holland said early examination revealed to be a second-degree, possibly third-degree MCL sprain to his left knee.

“He’ll certainly be out for a little while,” Holland said. “Right now we’re guessing, we need to get pictures, but we’re looking at two-to-three weeks minimum.”

Holland said the team had no immediate plans to call up anyone from the minors. The Wings next play Monday at Nashville
Edited by Shaman464

MRI could also reveal damage inside the knee to the cruciate ligaments. So don't hold your breath. If the cruciates are also damaged could be up to 4-6 months or longer. It looked really bad to me as his leg was whipped around like a rubber band.

Kronwall tore the ACL in the same knee a few years ago.

Edited by Icesurfer

Phew hopefully it just stays as an MCL. I can deal with him being out a little over a month, but if would of been his ACL his career could of been in jeopardy. This is very good news considering the circumstances. Let's hope it stays the same after the MRI.

heal quickly kronner.

Seemed to me like a damned filthy play by Laraque. Blatently stuck his leg out because he was beat, a malicious and idiotic move. Terrible.

The league seems so concerned about head shots that they've completely overlooked these blatant knee-on-knee shots that are just as injurious (I realize there's no concussion risk, but these kind of cheap-shots can be career-enders). First Cooke the other night and now Laraque. And Cooke didn't even get a penalty on his, much less a suspension (which he undoubtedly deserves).

I hope the 2-3 weeks holds. The words "guessing" and "minimum" worry me.

Yeah cooke not getting suspended doesn't really worry me becuase he had about 3 knee on knee collisions last year and never got suspended, i think he gives bettman blow jobs or something, but laraque won't get off as easy because he doesn't really have good standing with the nhl

Yeah cooke not getting suspended doesn't really worry me becuase he had about 3 knee on knee collisions last year and never got suspended, i think he gives bettman blow jobs or something, but laraque won't get off as easy because he doesn't really have good standing with the nhl

Bettman also hates black people.

MRI could also reveal damage inside the knee to the cruciate ligaments. So don't hold your breath. If the cruciates are also damaged could be up to 4-6 months or longer. It looked really bad to me as his leg was whipped around like a rubber band.

Kronwall tore the ACL in the same knee a few years ago.

Yes, his leg really whipped aorund, and it didn't look good even after he landed. I would be really thankful if this was only 2-3 weeks.

2-3 weeks is the equivalent of winning the lottery on your birthday, which just so happens to be Christmas Day. We got off very, very lucky.

You know that is the best case right? Nothing is for sure until the tests are done tomorrow.