• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterthancrosby

Detroit's reaction to the Habs jerseys tonight

Rate this topic

Wasn't sure where to post this cause I barely do -- Sitting right behind Babs and the team bench tonight, right at the beginning of the game ( Habs entrance ) Babcock turned to one of the trainers and said "Are they serious? What are they wearing?!" and I started cracking up and he saw me laugh and continued to just stare at them warm-up

Then Draper came over 3 minutes later to stretch right near the bench and looked at Lebda and said "What the F is that??" staring at Lapierre's jersey right next to him, LOL

thought they were hilarious, thought I'd share it :rolleyes:

they weren't ugly jersey's like the striped ones but i think these jerseys are too gimmicky and trying to be too nflish, proof that when you are that popular you make dumb decisions to try to make more money like the habs and nfl do.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I commented in the GDT during the first period that it looked like we were playing an AHL team to me.

Wasn't sure where to post this cause I barely do -- Sitting right behind Babs and the team bench tonight, right at the beginning of the game ( Habs entrance ) Babcock turned to one of the trainers and said "Are they serious? What are they wearing?!" and I started cracking up and he saw me laugh and continued to just stare at them warm-up

Then Draper came over 3 minutes later to stretch right near the bench and looked at Lebda and said "What the F is that??" staring at Lapierre's jersey right next to him, LOL

thought they were hilarious, thought I'd share it :rolleyes:

:lol: Funny stuff. How'd Babs react when you laughed? Did he smile back or just make his Babcock face? :P

Alternate jerseys are cool every once in awhile but the Habs really over-do it. They have had way too many different jerseys. I wouldn't mind the Wings having a third jersey when they play the original six teams or something the one time a year they play each one :lol:

Like this jersey:

1992jersey.jpg

Other than that, I'm glad the Wings keep it simple and don't try to do anything with their jerseys.

he looked at them, laughed, looked over to his side (where I am) and noticed I was cracking up to, then there was a little nod of agreement, we knew we were both cracking up at them (like, "hey look at those douches"

then he looked back at them and just continued for a couple more minutes lol

Draper came over, started stretching, looked over real quick towards the Habs end, looked back at what he was doing, then realized what he just saw on the other end of the ice, looks at Lebda and says "...WHAT THE F IS THAT?!"

even my Habs fan brothers heard it all and laughed too lol

some other Canadiens fans behind me also had a few jersey gags throughout the game

they might as well be wearing garbage bags

he looked at them, laughed, looked over to his side (where I am) and noticed I was cracking up to, then there was a little nod of agreement, we knew we were both cracking up at them (like, "hey look at those douches"

then he looked back at them and just continued for a couple more minutes lol

Draper came over, started stretching, looked over real quick towards the Habs end, looked back at what he was doing, then realized what he just saw on the other end of the ice, looks at Lebda and says "...WHAT THE F IS THAT?!"

even my Habs fan brothers heard it all and laughed too lol a

some other Canadiens fans behind me also had a few jersey gags throughout the game

they might as well be wearing garbage bags

Man that's great stuff. Thanks for the story. I've got a friend who's a HUGE habs fan and he'll get a good laugh out of this.

Guest zackmorris

I remember one of the games I went to Huds was warming up with Draper and Draper kept lightly shooting pucks at Hudler from behind with this grin on his face, until finally he bopped Drapes in the ass with his stick blade. I thought that was pretty funny. I'm gonna miss Draper when he's gone.

I thought the jerseys were cool, but Montreal is overdoing it.

That said, +1 for Babcock. I love that guy.

agreed.

although i didnt really mind these, or their "candycane" or jail bird - esqe ones from last year.

At least this one didn't cause you to go into epileptic seizures like those striped ones did, or remind me of a prison uniform from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" The color was nice.

Thanks for the laugh.

They were probably going for an undyed original leather color with the gloves and then had a moment of fail when they dyed the gloves to try to get old school brown.

Could sworn I saw the jailbird uniforms reappear for at least one game this year. I guess it's some sort of Canadian solidarity movement designed to remind us that Vancouver doesn't have a monopoly on bad jersey design.