• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

Wow, very cool way to watch the game you were at live. I was there October 17th vs. Colorado and February 13th vs. Ottawa.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#22 Wings Rule Crysby Drools

Wings Rule Crysby Drools

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thanks a lot for posting this.

From watching just a few minutes of Games 5 and 6 against Pittsburgh, everything kind of rushes back. It's like you can recollect your exact emotions and anxiety level from that certain phase or shift in the game.

I agree...like the fact that I wanted to smack Jiri Hudler after both games.

#23 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

This is the best thread ever ever ever! My DRV deleted my saved games, but now I have them back. You're posting games from 07/08 too right? I have to check the date of that game against the Blues when Raffy laid down that body slam. I'm thinking it's March 5, '08. Hmm...whatever, I just love this thread.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#24 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Yes I should have the 07/08 season up soon.

Remember if you find any links that aren't working let me know and I should be able to fix them.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#25 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

anyone know how i can download the video from these links?

#26 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

anyone know how i can download the video from these links?

http://all-streaming-media.com/faq/recording-media-stream/faq-record-download-capture-save-flash-flv-video-rtmp.htm

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#27 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

thank you

#28 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

So the NHL keeps adding more bonuses to their archive system, they now have Classic NHL Games. Here's an example.

I'll look at putting more up as well as getting that 07/08 season done. I may end up moving everything to my website, so just a heads up.

Pretty nice of the NHL to do this, they also added condensed archives of games showing all the highlights (roughly 20 mins total).

Red Wings Archives of Classic Games
No longer updating this list, moved to my site....see my profile.

Edited by drumnj, 03 October 2010 - 09:20 PM.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#29 58Miles2Joe

58Miles2Joe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Woah! Wow! Thanks!

Posted Image

I believe in the end its a simple, simple game; no different than my two youngest fightin in the living room; you draw a line in the sand, and you decide who wants the ball more. And that's what hockey's about. - Babblecock

#30 Michigansportsfan

Michigansportsfan

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

So the NHL keeps adding more bonuses to their archive system, they now have Classic NHL Games. Here's an example.

I'll look at putting more up as well as getting that 07/08 season done. I may end up moving everything to my website, so just a heads up.

Pretty nice of the NHL to do this, they also added condensed archives of games showing all the highlights (roughly 20 mins total).

Red Wings Archives of Classic Games
Jun 07, 1997 Flyers vs Wings

You know, I love that the NHL has been branching out with the online stuff in recent years, from the youtube channel, to the google video archive for 06-07 season and some classics (which still exists BTW), to hulu and now to this, I think it's great.

But for pete's sake would it kill them to quit with the editing for a while? I mean seriously! The way they edit some of these games to bits, it just annoys the hell out of me.

Like was watching Game 6 of the 1989 stanley cup finals from the vault, and they edited out Montreal's goal by Claude Lemiuex that tied the game at 1 in 2nd period early. Then, in one of the classic games on google, 1980 cup finals game 6, right near the end of the 2nd, with the Islanders up 3-2, they cut to the start of the 3rd. This would be fine, except for one thing, THE ISLANDERS SCORED IN THE FINAL 15 SECONDS! But again because of a quick trigger finger it's not on the tape.

I would also add, that I don't particularly care for the fact that on the cup final clinching games (such as 1997), there is little in the way of celebration footage postgame. It's pretty much, once it's over, that's it, and you don't get anything extra.

Now having said that, I am almost willing to give them a pass on the classics, since they likely have to edit them for time if they ever are to reair them on television. I might contend it would be just as easy to have an unedited version around for online, but I digress.

However, there is NO EXCUSE for editing games from the current era, NONE. Take for example, Game 1 of the 2008 Wings Round 1 playoff series with Nashville. The file is 87:00 long, or basically an hour and a half. It came down to the 3rd period, and as it started there was 20 minutes or so left in the file. At that point I figured, "Hmm, they're gonna edit aren't they?" Sure enough, a few minutes into the 3rd (no idea how much, since there was no scoreboard and no commentary at this point since the TSN main announcer Gordie Miller had gotten sick), there was a rough edit from a stoppage in play in the Wings zone, to a faceoff in the Nashville zone, with an announcement of a Predator penalty once play resumed.

It wouldn't have been all that bad except for 2 things. First off, probably a good 5 minutes was edited at least, since the penalty was announced at 11:05, and the period had only really began before the edit. The worst thing about it though, is the fact that the edit cut out the WINNING goal of the hockey game. The game was tied 1-1 pre edit, and after the edit as I would find out it was 2-1 Wings. I'm sorry but that's pretty pathetic, to edit out the go ahead at the time and eventual winning goal of a playoff game like that. There's no excuse for that at all to me.

And then you wonder why the trading of games and broadcasts, and downloading of torrents bootleg is so common. Well maybe if you'd do your own archive the right way there wouldn't be any need for looking in other places for your games.

Don't get me wrong, as I said before, I think it's great what they've been trying to do, but their execution leaves just a little bit left to be desired.

#31 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Bump!
Thanks for posting these... Waiting on today's game to see Ken and Mick's calls on the goals.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#32 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

thanks a lot drumnj,appreciate your effort as always,but I just can't run the last nights game.
don't have any problem with other archive games

#33 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

The last game isn't working for me either.

#34 RedWingFan2k1

RedWingFan2k1

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Game 7 link is working now. Thanks Drum!

#35 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Anyone know if its possible to capture/save these swfs for later watching? Sure it'd be huge but whatever :D
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#36 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

Finally got this done

This was the 1st season the NHL archived games, so it's in SD quality and a couple of games are missing.

Red Wings Archives of the 07/08 Season
No longer updating this list, moved to my site....see my profile.

Edited by drumnj, 03 October 2010 - 09:21 PM.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#37 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

How did you get the 07-08? You have them DVRed or something?

#38 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Posted Image A friggen +
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#39 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

I watched the Nashville game a couple days ago; the one where Datsyuk had his highlight take away and goal.

What are some other good games from this past season where the Wings played thoroughly well? Close to sixty minutes, or whatever.

#40 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

1/9 versus the Sharks

Might have been the 2/2 game against them, I can't remember.