• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/23 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Im shocked at that as well...Its been RIDICULOUS how many shots from the point this year go wide...I know they do it on purpose sometimes...but its felt like 8 out of 10 shots go wide...Lidstrom has 1 goal in 21 games which is a ver bad sign seeing as how the guy usually gets around 20

Anyone else about to go insane from how many times they have said PEKKA RINNE PEKKA RINNE PEKKA RINNE!!!! PEKKE RINNE!!

I think they just like saying "Pecker" and get away with it!

tough game to watch..

You are not are very good observer of hockey. He is getting chances which is a hell of a lot more than other players are doing. For example name one scoring chance Holmstrom created tonight?

Has Bert been great? No. Bert's older now and we signed him for $1.5 million. When you put it in that context, he doesn't seem so bad. And like you said, he's actually getting chances out there almost every night. I don't know if it's his timing or getting used to playing big and tough again or what, but I think sooner or later he's bound to start capitalizing on those chances. He's way too skilled to keep coming up empty when he's actually getting chances. I think he could really come alive either right before or after the Olympic break...Februaryish...I think he'll still struggle for awhile but as we get more guys back and he gets his timing and game together, he'll start scoring goals.

I don't get how people can be too upset about these games lately. We're still winning more often than not and we're not getting blown out and that's with a roster that looks ready to play a pre-season game. This is half-Red Wings and they're playing pretty well all things considered. Short summer, lots of new guys, lots of young guys and lots of injuries. I'm not worried, not concerned, not down. If anything I'm encouraged because we should be looking a lot worse when you consider all that we're up against right now.

I dont know how to break this to you but we are not winning more than we are losing...matter of fac tonights loss just made it equal...11-7-4....we have lost just as many as we have won.

I'm not sure you realize how spoiled and out of touch with reality, hockey wise, that most of us are.

Depressing might have been the wrong word for me to use. Frustrating would be better.

As to your point, maybe I don't realize it. That doesn't mean I don't find that frustrating either.

Atleast Zetterberg continues to play like an absolute superstar. God damn he is good right now. Don't know how he missed that open net, but it would have been too little too late anyway.

Too bad Datsyuk isn't firing on all his cylinders. I think carrying Homer and Bert around is throwing him off his game. He tries to do too much, too fancy.

First period, and a bit of the second, we were pretty flat. However it must be said, enough with the negativity. I thought we DOMINATED from that point onwards and it was only an amazingly hot goaltender in Rinne which got us a loss tonight.

Bertuzzi looked good in the third, Leino was starting to make plays, Abdelkader was terrific, Miller looks confident, Meech had one of his best games ever, Osgood was pretty good. A lot to like from the game, let's focus on the positives. We controlled the play but were unfortunate to run into a hot goalie.

I'm disappointed we lost but no real anger.

Has Bert been great? No. Bert's older now and we signed him for $1.5 million. When you put it in that context, he doesn't seem so bad. And like you said, he's actually getting chances out there almost every night. I don't know if it's his timing or getting used to playing big and tough again or what, but I think sooner or later he's bound to start capitalizing on those chances. He's way too skilled to keep coming up empty when he's actually getting chances. I think he could really come alive either right before or after the Olympic break...Februaryish...I think he'll still struggle for awhile but as we get more guys back and he gets his timing and game together, he'll start scoring goals.

Don't let off on Bertuzzi.

He's single handedly hamstrung Datsyuk.

Who's been the least effective member of the top 6 so far this year? Give up? It's been Bertuzzi by a mile. Holmstrom's been doing the same thing all year. Bertuzzi's held the puck when he should shoot and shot the puck when he should pass.

This team can't win without Datsyuk and Datsyuk looks terrible out there with no shooter to dish the puck to.

I thought we played good after the first 20. Ran into a good goalie. I know there isnt too many options with all the injuries but for the love of god can we please try someone else on the line with Dats and Homer. I've always been a Bert fan but he is a 3rd line hockey player at this point of his career and refuses to go into those dirty areas on the ice which a guy his size could dominate. I dont care who Babs puts with him but put someone like Miller, Abs or Helm that will go hard to the net and create some havoc. I thought Miller was good tonight. Put Eaves up there, I dont care, just get Bert off that line and back down to the 3rd line where he belongs !

I dont know how to break this to you but we are not winning more than we are losing...matter of fac tonights loss just made it equal...11-7-4....we have lost just as many as we have won.

Well, if you want to count the shootouts as losses...we got a point out of them so it's not quite the same as losing in regulation or in the 5 minute overtime. None the less, I'm really, truly, not worried. I think we'll be fine. I'm not convinced we'll win our division, but we'll make the playoffs and at that point all bets are off for everybody.

First period, and a bit of the second, we were pretty flat. However it must be said, enough with the negativity. I thought we DOMINATED from that point onwards and it was only an amazingly hot goaltender in Rinne which got us a loss tonight.

I don't know if dominated is the right word. They had three or four very good scoring chances (Leino breakaway, two on one) but it was a pretty tight game from both teams, they just couldn't finish. I can't remember the last time the Wings only scored 5 goals in 4 games, but they've got to start getting some goals.

I guess a positive is they've only surrendered 10 goals in those 5 games, so that's not bad. :P

Who's been the least effective member of the top 6 so far this year? Give up? It's been Bertuzzi by a mile. Holmstrom's been doing the same thing all year. Bertuzzi's held the puck when he should shoot and shot the puck when he should pass.

This team can't win without Datsyuk and Datsyuk looks terrible out there with no shooter to dish the puck to.

Don't let off Holmstrom. He hasn't done anything in the past 6 games. Not even a whole lot on the Powerplay. Holmstrom is handicapping that line just as much, or more than Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi created plenty of chances tonight by driving the net. Holmstrom failed to do his job tonight in scoring goals.

Wow.. just wow.. I cant even be mad anymore.. watching the Wings all year long has been just flat out depressing and frustrating.. watching the same story every single game.. I get excited seeing little flashes of Wings hockey and then its back to the reality that is being a beaten down (injury wise) average team. Even minus the injuries it would be hard to argue this is an elite team this year.. But I guess this is just the way it goes.. I gotta believe that we can atleast remain in playoff contention until some of our injuries are healed.. Maybe the one bonus is that we have the Olympic break this year which will allow a couple extra weeks of injury healing for our non-olympic players. Im running out of players to blame for our losses.. Its always easy to blame the goaltending but you arent gonna win hardly any games scoring only one goal. Especially when your best player is Drew Miller. I Know Babs doesnt wanna mix up the lines before Flip gets back but at some point it cant hurt can it?.. Anyways.. sorry for the long winded speech haha.. just had to vent some.

Yeah ok :hehe:

Well, I've never been a fan of the Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom line from the first game they were put together. They need another guy who can actually skate on that line. Then maybe they can get open for Datsyuk's passes.

Edited by gcom007

Guest lilja4mvp

Carman, could you tell us how great bertuzzi's two absolutely pointless penalties in the offensive zone tonight were?

it's not just not having a shooter to dish it to, it's not having another player on his line that can keep the puck in the zone. homer and bert can't hold on to the puck. datsyuk is solely responsible right now for gaining the line, maintaining possession, and setting up the play in the offensive zone. it's ridiculous. as soon as homer or bertuzzi touch the puck it goes the other way. datsyuk is pretty much carrying a fourth liner and a third liner (at best) around on his back. i feel bad for the guy.

this is a different wings team for sure. it's hard watching a team that's been elite seemingly forever downshift into mediocrity.

Carman, could you tell us how great bertuzzi's two absolutely pointless penalties in the offensive zone tonight were?

About as helpful as Holmstrom's two lazy penalties.

To blame our losses on Bertuzzi is completely stupid.

Have you made a single post on this forum since joining that didn't relate to blindly hating on Bertuzzi?

Don't let off Holmstrom. He hasn't done anything in the past 6 games. Not even a whole lot on the Powerplay. Holmstrom is handicapping that line just as much, or more than Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi created plenty of chances tonight by driving the net. Holmstrom failed to do his job tonight in scoring goals.

I got yelled at for calling that one a few weeks ago. Holmstrom great at starting fast and slipping faster. This isn't the first time he's had a great start only to succumb to the grind of it all. There are other factors, but the more abuse he takes as the season goes on, the worse he'll be. His body just can't handle it anymore.

Homer's cooled off but he has certainly contributed heavily at the start of the season; he's not going to be on all the time. Bert seemed like he was on the verge of being a threat early on and couldn't catch a break, but he's been straight up bad lately.

i agree. holmer is useless on the first line. he is a defensive and offensive liability. without two all-star caliber puck handlers on his line, homer is a detriment.

Homer isn't useless on the first line, he is useless in the current version of the first line. We don't have the talent available to successfully have Homer play to his fullest capabilities.

It's been Holmstrom. Holmstrom doesn't backcheck, he skates like he has cement shoes, he can't keep the puck along the wall, he can't skate the puck up ice, he can't pass and he can't shoot. Having a guy on the top line who does NOTHING but screen and tip in is a complete waste when he can't do anything else.