• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Habs ship Latendresse to Wild for Puliot

Rate this topic

Does anyone else think this is a great (or at least potentially great) deal for Montreal? Quite frankly, Latendresse is awful.

I don't think it will do much for either team, but yeah I agree, Minnesota got the better end... It just won't significantly improve either team. Latendresse is quite awful... He's a big body, doesn't get too many points, and doesn't even have that great of a physical game to compensate for it, he has got his nose dirty, but nothing really fascinating. Pouliot has great potential and it just takes a different atmosphere for some players to demonstrate that potential.

Either way, just a fairly insignificant trade... It kind of makes you wonder, did Montreal have future considerations from the Wild or something?

Man, I sure am glad we used the 42nd overall pick in 2005 to draft Latendresse instead of Abdelkader just like everyone here except me was saying!

Yes, I remember some being quite pissed when we didn't draft him. I sure am glad we have people running the organization that know what the hell they're doing!

Does anyone else think this is a great (or at least potentially great) deal for Montreal? Quite frankly, Latendresse is awful.

Yeah... yeah. I mean Puliot was a 4th overall pick, so he's got that upside for Montreal, and like you said-- Latendresse has been awful for them.

From what I've heard his attitude is the biggest problem.

Anyone think we'll get a certain someone come in and gloat about his feeling that Abdelkader was the better pick?

I'm a Minnesota Wild "follower". It's a fairly even deal. On the face of it, you're getting the #4 pick (Pouliot) for the #45 pick (Latendresse) in the 2005 draft, but Pouliot was not working out at all. Jacques Lemaire hated him, but even the new coach hasn't been giving him regular playing time. The skill is there to score 20 goals, but he's also pretty soft and doesn't do anything particularly well.

Latendresse was a rushed prospect and got butchered by his hometown fans, so there's a chance things change around with a fresh start.

and to think, Ken Holland chose Jakub Kindl over this guy. Hmmmmm........ Guess it was more important to have that softy than a good ol' Canadian boy....

Is that sarcasm or what? Latendresse is ripping it up in the NHL right now, Kindl is..... uhh.....

Man, I sure am glad we used the 42nd overall pick in 2005 to draft Latendresse instead of Abdelkader just like everyone here except me was saying!

Looks like everyone except you has some pretty good hockey knowledge! Haha! :thumbup:

Haha!

Owned by your own arrogance AGAIN!!

Guess he's not so soft...

He was saying that Kindl is soft..

With that being said no way I'd trade Kindl for Latendresse. I think at the time Abdelkader was the right choice, no idea how he'll turn out though. I see abby as a 3rd line center, but I also see helm and emmerton (2-3 yrs out) in that slot too so it will be interesting.