• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

11/25 GDT: Chicago @ Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Chicago Wolves (10-8-0-1) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (12-5-0-0)
7:00pm CST

Player in Focus: Jan Mursak

Mursak endured a frustrating rookie season as he managed only two goals. However already this season he has doubled that and more. He's impressed everyone with his speed, energy and willingness to forecheck and play physical. He has become a key man on the Griffins PK unit.

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20v%20Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20xDFQ2GYBTL1l.jpg

The Grand Rapids Griffins search for their 3rd straight win when they host the Chicago Wolves. 18 year old rookie Tomas Tatar has been in fine form lately with 6 points in the last 4 games, including 5 from the past 2. Jeremy Williams leads the team in points and is on a 3 game point streak (1-4-5). After dropping his first two starts of the season, Daniel Larsson has recorded 7 straight victories. Although they like to rotate the starts and Larsson has played the last 2, I'd expect him to start again tonight.

Tatar and Mursak have shown some good chemistry and although the lines change frequently, it appears as though the line from the beginning of the season in Ritola/Newbury/Williams is back in tact. Defenceman Jakub Kindl, on the back of a 3 assist game, injured his foot in practice last night and is questionable. If he misses, expect rookie Piche to be inserted into the line-up.

Projected lines:

Ritola - Newbury - Williams
Vigilante - McGrath - Tardif
Tatar - Rismiller - Mursak
Axelsson - Emmerton - Pare

(Walsh)

Kolosov - Delmore
Janik - Kindl
Crosty - Pyett

(Piche)

Larsson
McCollum

Individual Leaders:

Goals: Williams (9), Tardif (6), Mursak, McGrath (5)
Assists: Kindl, Janik, Newbury (9)
PIM: Crosty (67), Newbury (60)
Plus/Minus: Emmerton, Janik (+9), Tatar, Rissmiller (+7)

Past 5 Games:

6-3 Win @ Toronto (Nov 21 2009) Final
4-1 Win vs. Texas (Nov 20 2009) Final
3-1 Loss vs. Rochester (Nov 14 2009) Final
3-2 Win vs. Milwaukee (Nov 13 2009) Final OT
2-1 Win vs. Lake Erie (Nov 11 2009) Final

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: See drumnj's stream
Grand Rapids Radio Broadcast
AHL Scores
Edited by Aussie_Wing

Playing the same time the Wings are again :rolleyes:

I'll still be streaming this game at my griffins channel. You can also go back and watch archives of past broadcasts at http://www.justin.tv/griffinslive/archive

I know, seems to have happened an awful lot.

I'll probably opt to watch the Griffins because for whatever reason my computer seems to be able to stream the AHL better.

Tardif hasnt been producing much as of late...hoping he can break out tonight.

I think he's been a bit banged up so maybe that's a reason for the struggles. Would be good if he had a strong one tonight.

Awful few minues for the Griffins, down 3-2 now end of 2nd.

Larsson can't be faulted for any of the goals really. 3-on-1 for the second, Piche made a poor play along the boards which set Chicago up and the 3rd goal was a rebound but he did well to make the initial stop.

Need to get their heads back in the game.

Bummer that they lost, but hey-- they've had a killer November, so I can't be mad they lost two games this month.

Tatar continues to be red hot! 9pts in his first 13 games as a pro AND he's the youngest player in the league? :D Life is good.

Mursak's looked great as well, especially for someone with sack in their last name.