• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tane

The New York (Hockey) Yankees

Rate this topic

For some Reason, this idea was running through my Head the other day.

What if the New York Yankees (Steinbrenner) Bought the New York Islanders, and Renamed them the

New York Yankees?

Either Pinstriped Socks, or Whit Socks with A BLue Stripe

Blue Pants

Pin Striped white Jersey? Or Even A White Jersey With A Modified Yankees Logo

Blue Gloves.

And then I thought Further, What if They Also Bought the Buffalo Bills? And renamed them

The New York Yankees?

And why Stop there?.

Buy the New Jersey Nets, Move them to the Bronx and Rename them....Get this.....

The California Golden Seals.

I mean, The New york Yankees?

I think It would Work. I think Branding a Name like the Yankees across all 4 sports Would Be a win win win win situation.

It works For college teams, Why couldn't it work for the Pros? I don't think Every Team should Do it. Maybe the Maple Leafs could do it in Toronto. The Raptors only have about a 10 year History. The blue Jays are loved, But I think the City would be on board for More Maple Leafs. I'm not sure you could alter the CFL's Argonauts, But the Big 3 could Do it.

Definitely Couldn't do it in Detroit. The Lions, Wings and Tigers all have their own Historic Brand. You can't mess with it.

If not for my deep-seated hatred for the Yankees, I would say why not.

I wouldn't want Steinbrenner to buy the Islanders, though, because I work for Charles Wang, and even though he has made some poor management choices, he is 100% committed to his franchise and making it successful again.

It would be cool to see pinstriped sweaters, I just couldn't stand to see the Yankees logo on the ice, I can't watch hockey and fight the gag reflex at the same time.

Are you nuts? I love my Yankees and I love Steinbrenner for what he's done for my Yankees but there's not a snowball's chance in hell this will happen. It doesn't even have to do with the NHL having a salary cap, either. Why would the guy who owns the Yankees buy a Detroit hockey team? Makes no sense.

Is there a community crack pipe being passed around here, this is the 2nd thread now I've read in the last 10 minutes where the OP was clearly high.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Are you nuts? I love my Yankees and I love Steinbrenner for what he's done for my Yankees but there's not a snowball's chance in hell this will happen. It doesn't even have to do with the NHL having a salary cap, either. Why would the guy who owns the Yankees buy a Detroit hockey team? Makes no sense.

Is there a community crack pipe being passed around here, this is the 2nd thread now I've read in the last 10 minutes where the OP was clearly high.

You must have taken a hit of it too, because nowhere in the OP did I see any mention of a Detroit team.

You must have taken a hit of it too, because nowhere in the OP did I see any mention of a Detroit team.

I realized that after I hit "submit". I didn't feel like going back and editing anything, though.

All that being said though, say there really is a crack pipe going around - there's no way I'd be anywhere near it, I don't pollute my body that way. :)

No. As a long time supporter of the Yankees, I can't see this ever happening. Mr Steinbrenner (GMS III) is ill and has been for a while, but is hanging in there. His two sons, who oversee the baseball operations, barely know what they are doing with their present jobs, let alone taking on the ownership of a hockey franchise. Mr. Wang has even been helped by the Commissioner in his attempt, but I don't think even this will keep the Islanders on the island. His whole real estate project calls for onl an update of the Colesium, not even the building of a new facility. This franchise will move; just a matter of when and to where.