• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

plopster

I'm a big fan

Rate this topic

Postings like this always remind me of the story of the old bull and the young bull looking down onto the meadow of cows grazing. Sounds like the young bull who started this thread is one who often runs down the hill.

And what team runs 16 forwards? Those 3 D-men must truly be iron men. Let's see if we can trade Rafalski for one of them. :rolleyes:

there's no reason to flame plopster, he just sounds like a true fan that is disappointed in the team this year.

I was starting to get really down on the Wings early on in the season for looking "ordinary" but you just got to face the facts at some point. This year has been somewhat of a "perfect storm" of misfortunes. Don't forget, there's only so much Ken Holland can do with this team, and as much as some of us like to turn your back on the guy when we lose like this, I think the reserve he's showin in the last year it proof that he knows what he's doing.

The only crontract that looks a little bloated on this team is Rafalski's, other than Raffy, I think the Wings are in great shape to right the ship next season. We're gonna have a ton of cap room after resigning Lidstrom, Homer, Helm (hopefully) and if Bertuzzi and Williams prove to be dead weight, we'll just let them walk, no big deal, that's why they were only signed to 1 year deals. Not to sound like a BLIND follower/Kool Aid drinker, but the more and more I think about our situation, the more I think we're fit to 'bounce back" next year. Our team lacks MAJOR pieces at the moment, but it's nothing 1 offseason can't cure, I really believe that. I really think we're gonna get another "superstar" type talent before next season, whether it's at the trade deadline or in the off-season.

One positive to this season is that we are getting a real look at some of our young players, we're getting a chance to see what some of these guys are made of on the "big stage". The evaluation of these guys (i.e. Helm, Abby, Leino, Ericsson, Howard), will go a long way in determining the future of the team. THIS is the rebuilding year for the Wings that has been LOOOONNNNNGGG overdo. And with Kenny H. behind the wheel, I think we'll be more than fine.

Edited by b-random

there's no reason to flame plopster, he just sounds like a true fan that is disappointed in the team this year.

I was starting to get really down on the Wings early on in the season for looking "ordinary" but you just got to face the facts at some point. This year has been somewhat of a "perfect storm" of misfortunes. Don't forget, there's only so much Ken Holland can do with this team, and as much as some of us like to turn your back on the guy when we lose like this, I think the reserve he's showin in the last year it proof that he knows what he's doing.

The only crontract that looks a little bloated on this team is Rafalski's, other than Raffy, I think the Wings are in great shape to right the ship next season. We're gonna have a ton of cap room after resigning Lidstrom, Homer, Helm (hopefully) and if Bertuzzi and Williams prove to be dead weight, we'll just let them walk, no big deal, that's why they were only signed to 1 year deals. Not to sound like a BLIND follower/Kool Aid drinker, but the more and more I think about our situation, the more I think we're fit to 'bounce back" next year. Our team lacks MAJOR pieces at the moment, but it's nothing 1 offseason can't cure, I really believe that. I really think we're gonna get another "superstar" type talent before next season, whether it's at the trade deadline or in the off-season.

One positive to this season is that we are getting a real look at some of our young players, we're getting a chance to see what some of these guys are made of on the "big stage". The evaluation of these guys (i.e. Helm, Abby, Leino, Ericsson, Howard), will go a long way in determining the future of the team. THIS is the rebuilding year for the Wings that has been LOOOONNNNNGGG overdo. And with Kenny H. behind the wheel, I think we'll be more than fine.

He gives the perception that this season is already a wash and is giving up when 3/4 of the season still has to be played. He's giving up early. Way early. That's a little bit ridiculous. He's going to get flamed for that.

And what constitutes a real vs. fake fan? I always thought you were a fan regardless...

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Old people? I hate how everyone in sports thinks you're washed up at 30. A lot of players (enough not to be rare) are huge players at 35, 36.

Numbers on a page mean nothing, it's how they perform that matters and I don't see anyone out there being slow and old, just lazy and mistake-prone.

Guest Crymson
Plain and simple - we suck with all these injuries and old people. flat out. Holland spent too much on rafalski, Z, and franzen. Thats why we didnt keep any of the other guys. With the competition in the division and the league, this will be a really bad year.

You need brain surgery.

I agree. This season is frustrating, but with all the cap space for next year, the Wings will be right back to form. The only reason we're struggling aside from injuries and bad karma is that we didn't have the cap space to really make the team better. Bertuzzi, Williams, etc. are all stopgap measures.

I hate hearing people talk about the decline of the WIngs because in all reality, it's one mediocre season forced by circumstance followed by a season right back on top. It's not a general decline of the franchise. Anyone with hockey awareness would know this.

Guest Crymson
This is the silver lining if the Wings have an off season. It will thin the herd of fans who have only been watching since the Wings have been completely dominant.

Aye, I agree. I don't mean to sound pretentious (i.e. "Respect me! I'm of the pre-Cup forum crowd!"), but some of the personalities who joined these forums during or after the Wings` Cup run in '08 have been amongst the worst around in terms of overall pessimism, feelings of entitlement, fairweather fan 'syndrome', and general imbecilic thread-starting.

Hey OP I bet you are a few games away from jumping on the Blackhawks bandwagon. In all honesty we need a bad season to drop the frauds such as yourself "BIG FAN"

Pretty much. "I'm a big fan... (insert something ridiculous here)... and those are the reasons we're going to suck this year." And then they spend significant amounts of time trying to convince other people that the team is going to crash and burn. Real big fans, indeed.

Edited by Crymson

How can you possibly experience the "Joy Of Victory" without first experiencing the "Agony Of Defeat"? I know there are plenty of Wings fans in here ,like myself ,who remember the late 80's and early 90's or even the late 70's, early 80's when the "Agony Of Defeat" stayed with us for years. I say shame on anyone who bails on this team and go ahead and leave and become a Blackhawks fan. Oh and dont let the door hit you in the ****** on the way out.

Agreed. :thumbup: