• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
clayjoh

Pavel needs a friend

Rate this topic

I'd love to see us pick up a Ruskie or two before the trade deadline to give Pavel someone to dangle dangle with

At times he appears lonely and lately has been trying to do it "on his own " from time to time

I hear tonight on the Senaors Columbus broadcast that Kovalev went home for his mother in law's funeral (now back) and has been as they say 'stinkin the joint out " generally this year

we know he has the talent and could you imagine him with Pavel

Would Ottawa be interested in a Bertuzzi and Lebda for Kovalev deal ?

get rid of some dead wood and spark the remaining roster players to re engage

Discuss

I know his contract is fairly heavy dollar wise ....just debate in hypothetical terms

The only reason Ottawa would take that is because of the cap they could shed. We wouldn't have the space to make that deal anyways. I agree with your conclusion that he is alone out there though. Dats sets up Bert 3 or 4 times a game and he just can't seem to pull the trigger or he hits the post. He seems to be able to make anybody look good but when shots don't go in he seems to get calmly frustrated. He looks confident on the powerplay with people like Nik and Z to pass to but 5 on 5 he tries to do to much I think because of the lack of confidence in his wingers. Only Russian I could see coming to Detroit may be Samsonov. Other than that I would love to see Helm on his wing. The speed from the both of them may have a chance to burn some D's. Plus we have no reason to doubt Helm's ability. The kid can play.

What's my boy Yuri Butsayev been up to these days?

Oh and no way Ottawa trades Kovalev for two completely useless players. It'd be too early to trade a guy that they just signed.

Nice. What about Kuznetsov?

Guest CaliWingsNut
Put Filppula on Dats' wing, they've shown chemistry in the past and during the brief time they spent together in 2007/08 Filppula looked like a legitimate scoring forward.

Sure thing... or are we waiting on his injury to go away first?

why dont we try and get Filatov from the Blue Jackets? hes young with lots of potential. the only thing i cant think of is what we could give up.... thoughts ?

Filatov is in Russia. I think the Wings would want a more stable investment then Filatov. If it was a Russian youngster we want I would love to have Grachev from the Ranger's. He's a big power forward type. To get these players though would be near impossible. Nobody trades away highly touted prospects these days because of the cap. May as well bring up Tatar if we want an Eastern European to skate with Dats.

Put Filppula on Dats' wing, they've shown chemistry in the past and during the brief time they spent together in 2007/08 Filppula looked like a legitimate scoring forward.

We need the centres from a face-off point of view and from a defensive point of view. Filppula's too valuable in that sense to put on the wing. Plus he's got worse hands than Bertuzzi, so it's not really an upgrade in terms of scoring ability. :P

That was part of the reason I really wanted the Wings to pick up Afinogenov over the summer. Now I never thought he'd be putting up the numbers he is this year, but he would compliment Datsyuk nicely.

What's my boy Yuri Butsayev been up to these days?

Oh and no way Ottawa trades Kovalev for two completely useless players. It'd be too early to trade a guy that they just signed.

"In September of 2009 he was sentenced for rape by the Finnish court. The rape happened in Asikkala, Finland in July of 2009." - Wikipedia.

"In September of 2009 he was sentenced for rape by the Finnish court. The rape happened in Asikkala, Finland in July of 2009." - Wikipedia.

I was gonna say the rape happened a few years before that...

1999–00 Detroit Red Wings NHL 57 3 5 8 12 — — — — — 2000–01 Detroit Red Wings NHL 15 1 1 2 4 — — — — — 2001–02 Detroit Red Wings NHL 3 0 0 0 0

I'd love another russian on this team in a lot of ways. I know a lot of ppl on this site don't like him but I feel like Frolov could fit in realyl well here. I know there are supposed problems with his attitude etc but a 30+ goal scorer that could mesh surprisingly well with Datsyuk would be sick. But hey, that's just me.

Alex Frolov - CapGeek.com

:blink:

WTF?

I was just making a joke. I didn't know the guy wound up in prison for crying out loud.

Oh well, let's try again.

What's my boy Dmitry Bykov been up to these days? After all, he did carry Lidstrom to the Norris trophy in 2003.