• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Who has the best Contract in the League?

Rate this topic

I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion on who everyone here beleives to have the best contract in the NHL. The criteria for this discussion should surround actual salary, cap figure, production, value to their team, age, etc.

zach-parise1.jpg

For me, I'd have a tough time not saying Zach Parise. At a cap hit of $3.125M/yr with another year left on his deal makes him the best. He's 25, has scored 30+ three years in a row with 45 last year and is well on pace this year to eclipse 45. He's on pace for 104 points and will be in Restricted Free Agent when his contract expires.

Parise - Zach CapGeek.com

A lot of guys on their entry-level deals :P

Taking out them, I'll go with Mikko Koivu's at a 3.25 cap number, although he's FA after next year. Really though, pretty hard to argue with Parise, although in terms of real money, he jumps to 5 next year. The issue to me with both of these guys is length...although if you're looking for a star player locked in for 3 million for the next 10 years, you're going to be looking for a while. Tim Thomas is in at 5.0 through 2013, so that's pretty good too.

Homerish call alert, but I think Datsyuk is waaay under market value.

A lot of guys on their entry-level deals :P

Taking out them, I'll go with Mikko Koivu's at a 3.25 cap number, although he's FA after next year. Really though, pretty hard to argue with Parise, although in terms of real money, he jumps to 5 next year. The issue to me with both of these guys is length...although if you're looking for a star player locked in for 3 million for the next 10 years, you're going to be looking for a while. Tim Thomas is in at 5.0 through 2013, so that's pretty good too.

Homerish call alert, but I think Datsyuk is waaay under market value.

I was goign to put Mikko Koivu on my honourable mention list but meh, i got lazy. he is a good deal too though. Length is a big concern, but it's also time relative. Franzen at just under $4M/yr for 11 soudns awesome right now but maybe not in 7 or 8 years time.

I definitely agree with Datsyuk being one of the better valued contracts as well but I just can't wrap my head around Tim Thomas. I think he's a bit of a flash in the pan. Not to mention the guy will be 36 by season's end.

If we're just looking at cap number:

- Datsyuk at $6.7 million, Franzen at $3.9, and Zetterberg at $6.08

- Hossa at $5.2.

- Getzlaf and Perry at $5.3.

- Roy at $4.0.

- Morrow at $4.1.

- Havlat at $5.0.

- Richards at $5.75.

If we're just looking at cap number:

- Datsyuk at $6.7 million, Franzen at $3.9, and Zetterberg at $6.08

- Hossa at $5.2.

- Getzlaf and Perry at $5.3.

- Roy at $4.0.

- Morrow at $4.1.

- Havlat at $5.0.

- Richards at $5.75.

Not sure about that though.

I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion on who everyone here beleives to have the best contract in the NHL. The criteria for this discussion should surround actual salary, cap figure, production, value to their team, age, etc.

Clutterbuck - $3,761 daily cap hit. Prolly single-handedly covers that in beer sales by those that come to see him. Still leads w/ 4.2 hits per game in only 18 games.

As long as his he can stay healthy in his sophomore year and deliver again.

Edited by TheWestWing

I'm a big fan of Tomas Kaberle's cap hit.

I think he gets overlooked a lot for being on on the Leafs. He's a guy who plays with a quiet confidence with the puck, much like Lids. He doesn't quite have the defensive game that our captain does, though.

I'm a big fan of Tomas Kaberle's cap hit.

I think he gets overlooked a lot for being on on the Leafs. He's a guy who plays with a quiet confidence with the puck, much like Lids. He doesn't quite have the defensive game that our captain does, though.

That's an understatement to say the least. He's great on the offense though.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Non entry level deals long term is has to be Getzlaf. Guy is in my mind a top 10 forward easily in the league, is only 24 and makes less then Rafalski.

Afinogenov@ under a million is nice too.

Rene Bourque at 1.35M

It will likely be in the 3.5-4.5 range next year. Maybe even more if some team overpays him. It's a shame his style of play makes him prone to injuries.

Edit: Yeah I'm going with Duncan Keith as well. Bourque is great but a top 5 defenseman at that cap number is amazing.

Edited by adubs

Duncan Keith is pretty much it. A Norris contender for a cheap deal is far better than a 1st line forward for what a 1st line forward should make. Ozzie is another one of the top deals in the league, and there are a few others, such as Quincey, and some entry level deals like Stamkos.