• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NickA

Bertuzzi SUCKS

Rate this topic

Dats, Leino, Lids and E.

Thanks couldn't find it anywhere. Thought I saw Leino, but when Datsyuk showed up on the score sheet I thought it might of been Homer.

Anyways hopefully everyone can bring the same effort as they did tonight.

I cant stand to watch Todd Bertuzzi play one more shift. What a complete waste of cap money. Cant score, terrible passes, constant give aways, refuses to throw anything that even remotely resembles a hit, and consistently taking stupid penalties, most of them in the offensive zone to make up for his disgusting play . Bringing him back has to be one of the worst moves the Wings have made since trading Adam Oates for Bernie Federko. Judas Priest, Id take Robert Lang over this piece of garbage, at least Langer could score an occasional goal.

And I suppose you're better. What team do you play for again?

doesnt take much...the bum gets 2 points and all of a sudden hes a superstar,u losers will see as the season goes on the guys a bum,hes just here for the money

I couldn't agree more, Bertuzzi is way past his prime and always manages a way to mess up a perfectly good play or oportunity. Although he had a goal against the blues and a shootout winner before that, he has been... ill say less than productive prior to that, and how long do you think he can honestly keep up this streak? The sole reason he is in detroit is for his big body presence which he fails to use when its neccessary.

I cant stand to watch Todd Bertuzzi play one more shift. What a complete waste of cap money. Cant score, terrible passes, constant give aways, refuses to throw anything that even remotely resembles a hit, and consistently taking stupid penalties, most of them in the offensive zone to make up for his disgusting play . Bringing him back has to be one of the worst moves the Wings have made since trading Adam Oates for Bernie Federko. Judas Priest, Id take Robert Lang over this piece of garbage, at least Langer could score an occasional goal.

Not saying he's a great player anymore, but perhaps your expectations are too high. It's not like they signed him for $5 million. They are paying him $1.5 million. He's 6th on the team in scoring and the 5 guys ahead of him make significantly more money than he does. Lidstrom and Datsyuk, among others, have more giveaways than Bert and only 2 forwards on the team have more hits than him.

To reiterate, do I think he's a great player? NO. Do I think he's a decent player for what he gets paid? YES.

I agree with Carman & co. about this whole situation. He wasn't signed to play on the top line, but has still played alright. By the looks of things, hopefully bounces will start going his way and he will get more goals. For those of you who think that putting Helm or Abdelkader (or even Helm and Abdelkader) next to Datsyuk will help, think again. Abdelkader showed last year in the playoffs that he couldn't play well on the wing, and the people who are pushing Darren 'I Love Him But He Has Stone Hands' Helm over Bertuzzi (because Bertuzzi 'can't finish') must be seeing a different Darren Helm than I've seen the last few games... Great checker, but not a finisher.

3rd in hits among forwards.

3rd in takeaways overall.

Stuart, Lidström, Ericsson, Rafalski and Datsyuk all have more giveaways.

5th in points among forwards.

Tied in 8th for biggest contract among forwards.

And I suppose you're better. What team do you play for again?

I dont play on any team; I do however have a job, and I get paid to do my job. If I sucked at my job, I would get suspended or fired.

Im also a season ticket holder, which means that I help pay Todd Bertuzzi's salary. Sure, its a miniscule amount--- but its still my money. And for the $6000 I pay the Detroit Red Wings every season, my opinion is that he sucks and he needs to go. Last time I checked you didnt need to be in the NHL to voice your opinion on a fan message board, jackass.

I dont play on any team; I do however have a job, and I get paid to do my job. If I sucked at my job, I would get suspended or fired.

Im also a season ticket holder, which means that I help pay Todd Bertuzzi's salary. Sure, its a miniscule amount--- but its still my money. And for the $6000 I pay the Detroit Red Wings every season, my opinion is that he sucks and he needs to go. Last time I checked you didnt need to be in the NHL to voice your opinion on a fan message board, jackass.

Provide reasons that he "sucks". Because every number, stat, and observation is contrary to that belief. You are free to hold an opinion not based on any tangible evidence, I'm just trying to understand why.

doesnt take much...the bum gets 2 points and all of a sudden hes a superstar,u losers will see as the season goes on the guys a bum,hes just here for the money

Butthurt much?

Bertuzzi has been fine all season, he came in to play between the 2nd and 3rd lines and he has done just that, effectively.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I've always figured Bertuzzi lays off on his hits because of that whole pile of s*** with that little ***** Moore. He's afraid to Phanuef someone because really, what do you think is gonna happen if he accidently headshots someone or injures a guy with a Stevens like bodycheck? Exactly. As far as his play goes, I think you're exagerating it quite a bit, he def. can play a game of hockey better than you can.

I believe he is laying off the monster hits because of his back. He did have a very significant back injury, and that can harm the tenacity in trying to throw huge hits. Although it could be psychological from the situation with Moore.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Actually I think you're right, I had forgotten about his back troubles.

Guest Lidstromboli

i like how when he couldn't clear the puck last night in the first, he skated over and knocked the guy down

actually laughed when that happened

Apart from assisting on Helm's goal, if you watch the replay, he lifts Lehtinen's stick so that he can't block Draper's pass. Great play. Helm should be thanking him.