• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

#421 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

I hate the way he makes tape to tape passes to open players on the other side of an empty net on the powerplay. Jeez, watch a beginners video will ya! You're supposed to shoot the puck at the net when you are that close to the goalie at an impossible angle. WTF IS WRONG WITH HIM!!!

Edited by Wings_Dynasty, 14 February 2010 - 03:56 AM.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#422 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Cowtown-DC5 @ February 13, 2010 - 07:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here we go again... Bertuzzi not scoring and the Wings not winning, blame it on the $1.5 mil guy.

I blame Al Sobotka.
Thank You TeeMan

#423 RedArmy

RedArmy

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Wings_Dynasty @ February 14, 2010 - 03:55AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate the way he makes tape to tape passes to open players on the other side of an empty net on the powerplay. Jeez, watch a beginners video will ya! You're supposed to shoot the puck at the net when you are that close to the goalie at an impossible angle. WTF IS WRONG WITH HIM!!!

yea that totally sucks, I also hate when he uses his size to hold a player off with one hand while controlling the puck with a free hand... just awful. He should be skating with a puck really fast as opposed to being slow like he is only to fall behind the net and let the opposition get it.... that's how things get done in the wings organization...

#424 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:20 AM

This just in, Bertuzzi kicks babies and pushes old ladies in the middle of the crosswalk.

*shrugs*

Yes, that was sarcasm that went very bad.

#425 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,645 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ February 14, 2010 - 09:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This just in, Bertuzzi kicks babies and pushes old ladies in the middle of the crosswalk.

*shrugs*

Yes, that was sarcasm that went very bad.

DraperFan is that you?

laugh.gif
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#426 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

The only reason he's being criticized is because the role that he got became larger than it should have based off of the injuries. So when he makes a lazy or stupid play it's magnified because he's playing with and against all of the high-end talent. He's one of the guys who should be up and down between the second and third line (like Samuelsson was). He's good for that.

The fact that he was capable of playing top line minutes and scoring was an added bonus for a 1.5m dollar player. You can't expect everything about his game to be perfect. He's not expected to be a superstar anymore.

#427 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

Bert had a pretty good quote yesterday.

"I think we're going to have some Europeans coming back with some piss and vinegar in them," Todd Bertuzzi said Friday. "That will help."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...t#ixzz0giIO7dwx

#428 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

Posted Image

Todd Bertuzzi hasn't scored in 18 games.

http://detnews.com/a...ying-resurgence

But Babs says:

“No. 1 priority, don’t worry about scoring goals. Forecheck, be physical, and when you get the puck, take it to the net and if you get a chance, shoot it. Look after all your defensive responsibilities, take care of the puck, and everything will work out just fine. If you start worrying about scoring goals, that’s not going to happen. So just play."

http://www.mlive.com...lmstrom_he.html

#429 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Bert clearly has succumbed too much into Detroit's finesse game. He fails to shoot on blatant scoring chances, sends blind passes to the open wing, and gets separated from the puck far too easily.

Bertuzzi just needs to simplify his game. He must accept that he's not some cog on an energetic checking line. He's got to take it upon himself to be the Go-To guy on his line... shoot more ala Samuelsson. gawd I can't believe I'm saying this. *gasp*

#430 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

Today he passed up a glourious chance...as expected, when you don't score for a while, you lose confidence in your shot.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#431 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

Today he passed up a glourious chance...as expected, when you don't score for a while, you lose confidence in your shot.

I think he has some skill and ability to set up plays but maybe he should just think shoot first.

#432 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

Not that I agree. I just thought I'd bring it up again before someone else started a new thread.

#433 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:46 AM

What I don't understand about him is that, he plays like a 50+ goal scorer for about a week or two. Then, it seems like he feels that he has played up to his value, and doesn't try as hard. How the hell do you go from scoring two consecutive OT game winners, to not scoring in 18+ games (I think that's where he's at now). There is either something wrong with him physically, or he just doesn't have heart. I know there is a good player in Bertuzzi, but what does he need to keep playing up to what he was earlier in the season? I honestly don't think it was because Dats was on his line either. He had a different intensity about his game, which he doesn't have at this point, or during the beginning of the season.

#434 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

He doesn't seem to be as strong on the puck lately. I wouldn't be surprised if his back started bothering him again.

#435 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,645 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:17 AM

Put thef****** bum on the 4th line.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#436 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

He basically is isn't he?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#437 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

He kind of is already isn't he?

He's not in the top-six. He shouldn't ruin the DHE line. He's on the line he's on by default.

It's just that he got 14 minutes last night while Helm, Eaves and Miller got less than 12 each. Babs just needs to play the DHE line as the third line and give that line more minutes.

#438 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:22 AM

Bertuzzi is in a sad mood for seeing this thread. :(

:P

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 20 March 2010 - 08:22 AM.

#439 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

He's got lot's of holes in his game. He's not alone unfortunately.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#440 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Finally broke his goalless streak.

He was +1 with one giveaway and one goal in 18:31 TOI.

It might be a good idea for Babs to rotate Bert and Cleary on the 2nd line. Maybe Miller can be in that rotation as well. If one starts to get too comfortable and their play falls off, switch them up.